With Wada gone, could Versus start being pushed by Square more now?

#1okamhunitePosted 3/27/2013 7:00:15 PM
It seems like Wada is the one responsible for all these issues, might we actually see this game soon now?
---
Paper Demons fighting a endless war for a rich and proud king who stands tall in his Castle of Jade and Emerald, today mighty Lord, I will end your life...
#2DarknessXSeekerPosted 3/27/2013 7:27:26 PM
I would definitely expect it.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#3shadowSEXilPosted 3/27/2013 7:29:04 PM
I highly doubt Wada had 100% responsibility for Square's decisions to keep big titles separated by big gaps. The only problem I can see Wada legitimately causing is sending some Versus Dev staff to work in XIV: ARR because it was honestly a more important project from a business standpoint. XIV 1.0 put them in a hole they have to get out of before they can fly. I think Square is scared XIV will still fail; I think they were banking on Tomb Raider giving them a bit more wiggle room in financial aspects.
---
I eat cereal for breakfast with 1% milk.
#4shadowSEXilPosted 3/27/2013 7:31:59 PM
Nonetheless, Square has three big games which I believe to be almos completely finished (XIII-3, XIV 2.0, and Versus). The marketing of these games will be key to getting sales, as these three titles are so diverse, the fans should feel satiated when all is said and done. If they get enough sales, they're be smooth sailing on their way to next gen. Otherwise I'd expect Square to either move ALL development to external bases or just sell their assets and move on from this mess of a company.
---
I eat cereal for breakfast with 1% milk.
#5ManaYukaPosted 3/27/2013 7:37:09 PM
Wada said they wont reveal more about Versus until it "feels" like a FF game

Nomura said earlier this year or last year he wanted to show Versus but the execs told him no....

This guy was definitely behind the embargo on info.
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
Favorite People- Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson
#6ZendaikPosted 3/27/2013 7:51:50 PM
"Wada said they wont reveal more about Versus until it "feels" like a FF game"

I forgot about that.

**** off Wada lol.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#7Sir_Tom_JonesPosted 3/28/2013 4:33:02 AM
All the board members on SE need a hard kick in the ass.
---
I took my lil sis to the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards 2013 and i had a blast, lol
#8NineSkiysPosted 3/28/2013 2:29:38 PM
Well, Wada he is being layed off so....

Anyways, I hope we can expect something this year regarding Versus. FFX HD should be out this year, so maybe they'll do some work on versus eh?
---
It's not the great who are strong, It's the strong who are great!
#9ExtremeLightPosted 3/28/2013 2:39:01 PM
NineSkiys posted...
Well, Wada he is being layed off so....

Anyways, I hope we can expect something this year regarding Versus. FFX HD should be out this year, so maybe they'll do some work on versus eh?

Laid off? He ain't laid off. He know that SE is doing poorly right now so he is taking the money and run.
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.
#10Lelouch71Posted 3/28/2013 3:37:58 PM
Depends on Matsuda's approach. For all we know he might outright flip off the fans and cancel Versus just because he's bored.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"