I hope Versus didnt die when Wada resigned

#1Sir_Tom_JonesPosted 3/28/2013 9:10:04 AM
Its a big budget game. They lost 10 billion yen right. Thats about 100 million dollars. But something else says its because of FF XIV.
---
I took my lil sis to the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards 2013 and i had a blast, lol
#2Ecclesiastes273Posted 3/28/2013 9:30:26 AM
S-E's problems are too myriad to point to specific causes.
---
Ecclesiastes basically made everything you've had to say on EVERY RPG BOARD moot with that point. -Fehlany
#3Fairy_WalnutPosted 3/28/2013 11:55:18 AM
I'm sure their full fiscal report coming early next month will give us answers to why they took such losses.
#4NineSkiysPosted 3/28/2013 3:31:46 PM
They spend too much money in development for games while having outrageous sale expectancies.

Also, they should push their games more and consider publishing less games when they have so many projects at a standstill at this point in time.
---
It's not the great who are strong, It's the strong who are great!
#5MagnaderAlphaPosted 3/28/2013 8:43:50 PM
NineSkiys posted...
They spend too much money in development for games while having outrageous sale expectancies.

Also, they should push their games more and consider publishing less games when they have so many projects at a standstill at this point in time.

That's a problem with a lot of game developers. I think the whole industry needs a restructuring, because if they keep going this direction, they are screwed.
#6Zombie_Socks_96Posted 3/28/2013 9:10:09 PM
They should certainly lower their sales expectations, I mean Tomb Raider sold 3.5 million in under a month and they consider it a flop.
---
Full Sail Game Design Student
Games I Want: The Last Of Us, BattleBlock Theater, DuckTales Remastered, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Killer Is Dead, LocoCycle
#7BurdicusPosted 3/29/2013 8:57:19 AM
Ecclesiastes273 posted...
S-E's problems are too myriad to point to specific causes.

Final Fantasy XIV.

THAT was there specific problem that killed them the past year, financially speaking.
---
Currently playing: Persona 3
Currently replaying: FFVI
#8Ecclesiastes273Posted 3/29/2013 10:11:59 AM
Well, yeah. I had meant their general mindset and way of doing things as a developer. That XIV was developed the way it was, even after they had made a competent MMO in XI, says quite a lot about SE as a game creator. They're relearning things they've already done, and it's apparent in many of their games. It's hilarious. It's pathetic.
---
Ecclesiastes basically made everything you've had to say on EVERY RPG BOARD moot with that point. -Fehlany
#9The_Lost_SabrePosted 3/29/2013 10:31:27 AM
Putting out a beta game and marketing it as complete?

Amateurish mistake right there folks. SE forgotten their Business 101 lesson.
---
"You shall find no such tasty diversions in the afterlife!" ~ The Void
In the Void, you shall find your eternal paradise... of everyday randomness...
#10Zombie_Socks_96Posted 3/29/2013 12:22:21 PM
The_Lost_Sabre posted...
Putting out a beta game and marketing it as complete?

Amateurish mistake right there folks. SE forgotten their Business 101 lesson.

Well they did try to fix their problem and recoup their money by releasing Final Fantasy: Give Us Monies for the iPhone a couple months back.
---
Full Sail Game Design Student
Games I Want: The Last Of Us, BattleBlock Theater, DuckTales Remastered, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Killer Is Dead, LocoCycle