So I guess it's safe to assume that psxphreak/psxotaku were both bogus

#1theofficefan99Posted 3/30/2013 9:14:40 PM
psxotaku, AKA Zeal, mysteriously disappeared whenever we started asking for proof and he claimed that he'd give it to us.

psxphreak mysteriously disappeared once he/she was caught giving contradictory "info" in both of his/her "info" bursts.

The only potentially legitimate ones are Aryllies and maybe Verendus, though both have opposing views. Aryllies claims that the game is still on the PS3 and is still called Versus XIII, whereas Verendus claims that it is now on the PS4 and that the name was changed to XV or "XVersus."

Verdict?

Wait until E3, which is currently in 72 days.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2PillsberyDoeManPosted 3/30/2013 9:32:17 PM
and was zeal banned on gaf?
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#3BIG_C_4_LIFEPosted 3/30/2013 9:42:12 PM
They are ALL bull **** honestly.
---
(Currently thinking of a clever and original signature...... this could take a ****ing while)
#4theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 9:54:00 PM
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
and was zeal banned on gaf?

Yep.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#5zombie_basher13Posted 3/30/2013 11:09:21 PM
I assumed they were both the same guy honestly. And of course it was all BS, the dude even said an SE employee gave him info on the phone just recently. Dead giveaway.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#6SoulMikeYPosted 3/30/2013 11:11:09 PM
ANYbody that posts rumors are bull****. No matter who or where, they're just a bunch of non-credible, unknown, wannabe p.o.s.'s.
#7theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 11:22:16 PM
SoulMikeY posted...
ANYbody that posts rumors are bull****. No matter who or where, they're just a bunch of non-credible, unknown, wannabe p.o.s.'s.

Ehhh kind of, not really. Sometimes, they turn out to be true.

I always knew those two were full of **** but the naive boy inside me who was desperate for more Versus XIII info wanted to believe anything that meant potential new Versus XIII footage and info coming soon.
---
#8ExentrykPosted 3/30/2013 11:38:08 PM
Let's wait for E3.
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#9ZendaikPosted 3/30/2013 11:46:29 PM(edited)
About Verendus, I was checking his post history like a week ago and noticed that he didn't know anything about Versus one week, then started hinting stuff a week later.

On 1/21, on a GAF thread asking what one title would make you go next gen:

UNCHARTED 4.

NATHAN DRAKE UP IN THE NEXT GENERATION! GOING ALL PSYCHO!

But seriously, no other game would really make me go instantly next generation. That one would. And FF Versus XIII but I expect that on the PS3/360 so it's cool.

Also, something else two days earlier on 1/19 in a thread asking about what E3 megaton would push you over the edge:

Final Fantasy Versus XIII - Release date announced for late 2013

Final Fantasy VII remake for next generation consoles

Metal Gear 1/2 remake for next generation consoles

Zone of the Enders 3 - First year title for next generation consoles

Uncharted 4 - Launch title for PS4

He's talking about Versus on PS3 here, hence no "next generation" following it like the other titles he listed.

Now, on 1/23 in another thread:

Versus is being brought to us by the people behind Kingdom Hearts and FF7, and will likely be out next year. I have much higher expectations for it due to the talent behind it. If it's not out in 2014, it would be because development has moved to next generation. In which case, X doesn't really stand a chance of being more impressive. But it's very unlikely they'll do that.

So basically he muses if Versus is not out in 2014, it'll be moved to next gen. OK.

Now, 5 days later on 1/28, at the same time as the leaked Orbis specs came out, he started hinting more stuff. Like, he said he already knew Orbis specs when the leak came out, and he said this about Guerilla Games:

I could find out, but I think they'll be unveiling a new IP this year. I don't think Killzone 4 will be there first. As far as I'm aware anyway.

Also this in another post:

It's a new IP for definite. I don't want to say more than that because we're only a few months away and it'll be much more impressive to have a full reveal. It'd be unfair to GG, and this is going to be a really huge event for them. Plus I know very little, and it's no point putting it out there. It' be more detrimental than anything else. I can tell you it's not like Killzone.

"For definite" he says. But as we all know, Guerilla unveiled Killzone 4 at the Sony conference, not any new IP. He didn't even post during the Sony conference LOL. Or for a little while after.

During the same post, he let off the Versus "bomb":

"I can spill the following comfortably though since I think this developer is a bit of a joke, and I think people are beginning to suspect this anyway. Versus XIII will have another unveiling later this year regarding development for the next generation. It won't have the "Versus XIII" part in the title. It will definitely release in 2014. You can have my account deleted if this information turns out to be inaccurate. News is fresh on this and I'm really confident about it. FF15 and FF16 are underway, both next generation projects. There's a chance FF15, in particular, may be an exclusive release. Kind of. And with that, I'm off to sleep."

So like one week earlier he knew nothing. One week later, "NEWS IS FRESH VERSUS NEXT GEN". But then his other piece of info about Guerilla Games making a new IP didn't turn out true, and they unveiled Killzone 4 at the Sony conference. So...lol.

Also during the same thread was where Zeal read Verendus' post was like "VERSUS NEXT GEN YES!" and started making "insider" crap literally within the next few days.
#10ExentrykPosted 3/30/2013 11:49:32 PM
Some good research there, Zendaik! Cheers!

Verendus is full of it.
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.