LoL at SE sales expectations.

#1Asd202Posted 4/2/2013 3:54:35 PM
Credits go to road from neogaf :http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533286
Tomb Raider: 5 to 6 million
Hitman: Absolution: 4.5 to 5 million
Sleeping Dogs: 2 to 2.5 million
Real shipped numbers are Tomb Raider's 3.4M, Hitman's 3.6M, and Sleeping Dogs' 1.75M. Wonder what Versus sales expectations are , it's probably FF 13 shipped number or something close...
#2peonusPosted 4/2/2013 4:21:59 PM
id imagine 20 sales would make most people happy.
#3Rose_of_MayPosted 4/2/2013 4:26:25 PM
The higher ups at SE seem to have exaggerated expectations when it comes to their Western developed projects.

As many have stated before, Tomb Raider has been dwindling in popularity for years yet SE expected an untested reboot to sell 6m units just because it's western developed. I don't get that company but w/e. TR will likely sell more than Lightning's Third, though.
#4CokaineCowboy77Posted 4/2/2013 5:05:48 PM
Yeah LR won't exactly make up for these poor(?) sales.

Hell, why do I care anyway, I hope they go bankrupt.
---
The Official Carbuncle of the FFXV Board.
FFVII>FFVI>FFVIII>FFIX>FFXII>FFX
#5FuzWuz_v2Posted 4/2/2013 5:14:03 PM
Seriously, people are losing jobs over this kind of stuff...
Many people at SE got laid off today.

Why do people get so bitter to the point where they wish a company becomes bankrupt?
---
www.youtube.com/user/FuzWuz
^^My YouTube account. Please go there and support it. Fangirls appreciated. Thank you.
#6CokaineCowboy77Posted 4/2/2013 5:44:04 PM
FuzWuz_v2 posted...
Why do people get so bitter to the point where they wish a company becomes bankrupt?

Why do companies become so centred around money to the point where they don't even care about their fans?
---
#7FuzWuz_v2Posted 4/2/2013 5:52:57 PM
Because companies want money.

Put your money where your mouth is. You don't have to buy their stuff, and they don't have to cater to your interests. Them going bankrupt won't change a thing for them. If anything, it'll be even more difficult to make quality titles.

They haven't sworn to an oath that prohibits them from messing up.
---
www.youtube.com/user/FuzWuz
^^My YouTube account. Please go there and support it. Fangirls appreciated. Thank you.
#8Lelouch71Posted 4/2/2013 6:05:32 PM
CokaineCowboy77 posted...
Why do companies become so centred around money to the point where they don't even care about their fans?

It's clear you never went to business school or at least learn a few things about it. The sole purpose of a business is to maximize shareholders wealth. Businesses are in it for the money. They aren't a charity group that exist to appease people like CokaineCowboy. Money drives everything. Without money they can't make new products.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#9The_Lost_SabrePosted 4/2/2013 6:57:51 PM
FuzWuz_v2 posted...
they don't have to cater to your interests

At the same time, straying too far from what made the company so popular isn't going to encourage people to buy their product.

Business isn't just about making profit; it's also about maintaining profits. Which, of course, links back to the people buying your products. Sure, it's nice to draw in new potential customers but it's also just as important to maintain customer relations of previous customers.
---
"You shall find no such tasty diversions in the afterlife!" ~ The Void
In the Void, you shall find your eternal paradise... of everyday randomness...
#10CokaineCowboy77Posted 4/2/2013 6:59:04 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
CokaineCowboy77 posted...

It's clear you never went to business school or at least learn a few things about it. The sole purpose of a business is to maximize shareholders wealth. Businesses are in it for the money. They aren't a charity group that exist to appease people like CokaineCowboy. Money drives everything. Without money they can't make new products.

Without fans, they don't have money.

I knew I was going to get this reply: "HURR DURR ThEY DUN CARE ABOUT YOo THEy WANT MkNEy!!!11"

And we all know now that that mindset hasn't done them any good.
---