A valid reason to believe Versus is still coming to PS3.

#11TruthPosted 4/3/2013 1:40:54 PM(edited)
Naoki Yoshida, producer/director of FFXIV ARR, has said that FFXIV ARR is coming to PS3 as when FFXIV was publicly announced at E3 2009, they made a promise to people that the game would come to PS3. He says that they want to fulfill that promise for those that have been waiting over three years for the game.

Full quote and source:
First of all, we’re going to keep our promises made in the past and are really focused on the PS3 version. It’s something we announced over three years ago, so our focus is definitely on that for now.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/02/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-interview-with-producerdirector-naoki-yoshida/

Another quote from a different source:
About the hardware, we are finally at the final stage of PlayStation 3 optimization. That’s something that we’re really focusing on, especially because we made an announcement over 3 years ago that this game would come out on the PS3 – so that’s why we’re focusing there for the moment.

http://www.rpgsite.net/interviews/432-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-interview-with-producer-director-naoki-yoshida

How does this relate to FF Versus XIII still coming out on PS3? It should be obvious. FF Versus XIII was announced for PS3 almost seven years ago. The most recent trailer in January 2011 also stated it was still for PS3. I'm pretty sure that Tetsuya Nomura will also want to keep his promise to release it on PS3.
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#2PillsberyDoeManPosted 4/3/2013 1:52:46 PM
i'll be honest. i'm half and half here. come e3, i'm expecting either a ps3 or ps4 announcement. none of that port crap.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#31Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 2:02:07 PM
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
i'll be honest. i'm half and half here. come e3, i'm expecting either a ps3 or ps4 announcement. none of that port crap.

Personally, I'm expecting a totally new game using Luminous Studio to be announced. FF Versus XIII will probably not even be shown at E3.
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#4RasukouPosted 4/3/2013 2:08:24 PM
1Truth posted...
Personally, I'm expecting a totally new game using Luminous Studio to be announced. FF Versus XIII will probably not even be shown at E3.

My thought, too, though one hopes for concrete information and not a vague, "Please look forward to an announcement in the future."
#5heartlesshero17Posted 4/3/2013 2:13:09 PM
1Truth posted...
PillsberyDoeMan posted...

This. Though I am expecting another non Luminous game as well, I am not expecting it to be Versus 13
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#6PillsberyDoeManPosted 4/3/2013 2:24:14 PM
let me clarify. i'm also expecting a new game to be announced, like say ff15, but i also think v13 will make an appearance in some form, with conformation of what system(s) it'll be on.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#7VunksPosted 4/3/2013 2:27:01 PM
Vs 13 will be on the ps3, Tho don't be surprised if a year or 2 after it is released on the ps3 a Final mix version finds it's way to the ps4, seems to be how Namura's games go.
#8ExtremeLightPosted 4/3/2013 3:52:04 PM
Vunks posted...
Vs 13 will be on the ps3, Tho don't be surprised if a year or 2 after it is released on the ps3 a Final mix version finds it's way to the ps4, seems to be how Namura's games go.

?.? Except that was only KH and KH2 on ONE system.
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.
#9ZendaikPosted 4/4/2013 12:24:54 AM
Plus BBS...also on PSP. It's not trend and there's no reason to think Versus will get a Final Mix or International.

Well, maybe "Namura" might do it :P
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#10BahamutZEROPosted 4/4/2013 2:46:56 AM
Don't expect an international version, from what we've seen from FFXIII-2 it'll have DLC,
---
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd150/UltimaInferno/BZ.jpg