A new SE president is either the best or worst thing to happen to the company.

#1zombie_basher13Posted 4/5/2013 8:26:32 PM
Yoichi Wada has been president and CEO of Square Enix since about 2000 I believe. Now completely out of nowhere he resigns, to be replaced by Yosuke Matsuda, who plans to review the company in its entirety, for heavy and major restructuring, to capitalize on what works (AKA sells) and weasel out what doesn't (AKA doesn't sell).
This is to correct continual losses.
Now, this is either the best frigging thing or worst frigging thing to happen to SE and will radically alter their future and most likely, what kind of products they will or will not be making or perhaps cancelling. There's so much room for improvement, like finally some updates on Versus, Type-0 localization, other localizations, more games put in production that are in demand, old dead series brought back, etc. But there's also plenty room for things to go downhill and fast: Versus cancelled, more XIII sequels, more FF sequels in general, even more IOS/mobile FF milking, no more new IPs ever, etc.

So how do you think things will go?
---
Look alive, you fools.
#2SteelCurtain17Posted 4/5/2013 9:16:10 PM
I think things will get better for SE
---
Born a Steelers, Reds, and Hoosiers Fan!!!!!! PSN- Cotner84
Skype- Cotner4190 Always up to talk to fellow JRPG fans
#3ValorZraykPosted 4/6/2013 12:16:06 AM
SteelCurtain17 posted...
I think things will get better for SE

---
Kingdom Hearts: 3D>BbS>1>Days>Coded>ReCOM>2 >CoM
Final Fantasy: 10>13>7>12>4>1>2>10-2
#4NoctionusPosted 4/6/2013 3:52:09 AM
SteelCurtain17 posted...
I think things will get a little better for SE

Fixed.
---
http://i.imgur.com/CxdWY.gif
#5Lelouch71Posted 4/6/2013 11:42:19 AM
We just won't know until Matsuda been in office for a few years. It's best to not get all overly optimistic about getting the games that you want specifically. All the same Wada needed to go. He has been around for 10+ years. SE needs newer and fresher ideas. One can hope Matsuda has new (and good) ideas instead of being strict towards the status quo.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#6SteelCurtain17Posted 4/6/2013 12:46:23 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
We just won't know until Matsuda been in office for a few years. It's best to not get all overly optimistic about getting the games that you want specifically. All the same Wada needed to go. He has been around for 10+ years. SE needs newer and fresher ideas. One can hope Matsuda has new (and good) ideas instead of being strict towards the status quo.

We will see. I for one am interested in seeing how this zero budget policy he plans on using will work.
---
Born a Steelers, Reds, and Hoosiers Fan!!!!!! PSN- Cotner84
Skype- Cotner4190 Always up to talk to fellow JRPG fans
#7Hash062Posted 4/6/2013 1:07:28 PM
I can try and predict their new strategy. They will develop only social games for mobile phones and tablets. Big budget projects don't work anymore. Make money, cut losses, make more money, take no risks... lol

This corporation has nothing of what created it anymore. Thus, it cannot make any comeback. To all of those thinking you'll get your dream game/sequel now, don't do that to yourselves and let it go.
#8heartlesshero17Posted 4/6/2013 1:58:35 PM(edited)
Hash062 posted...
To all of those thinking you'll get your dream game/sequel now, don't do that to yourselves and let it go.

*sits backs and laughs while waiting for my Drakengard 3 release date*

Just had to do that XD. But yeah who knows what will happen with this new dude. He could completely **** up
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception