Reasons that prove the FF revealed at E3 won't be Versus renamed **KEEP BUMPED**

#11TruthPosted 4/7/2013 2:19:42 PM
OK, I'll try and make this short and concise.

-----

Reason 1: The game will 100% use Luminous Studio and they were only "preparing" for its development in February 2013.

At the PlayStation Meeting in February 2013, Yoshihisa Hashimoto said the following after he showed Agni's Philosophy running in real-time on PS4:
"This is the level of quality that Square Enix is targeting for our next generation titles."

After his presentation, Shinji Hashomoto came on stage and said:
"One the occasion of this presentation by Yoshihisa of the Luminous engine and the announcement of the PlayStation 4 from Sony Computer Entertainment. I would also like to announce that we are preparing for development of a Final Fantasy title."

Source for both quotes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irBPxViC3Lg

OK, now the quotes above clearly show that the FF game will have the same graphical quality as Agni's Philosophy, meaning there's no way it will be a renamed FF Versus XIII as that has last gen graphics. Also, they are only preparing for development of the game. This also means there's no way this game can be FF Versus XIII renamed as that game has been in development for over 7 years and even had an in-engine gameplay trailer released 2 years ago.

-----

Reason 2: In November 2012, the game was only being worked on part-time as Luminous Studio wasn't complete. However, only one month earlier, we were told FF Versus XIII had all its staff working hard on the game.

This is an important point many people have missed. In November 2012, Yoshihisa Hashimoto, stated that they had started working on a game using Luminous Studio. However, because the engine was not yet finished, they were not working on the game full-time:

All we have seen of Luminous Studio so far, though, is Agni’s Philosophy. Surely Square Enix has at least one game in the works? “Yes, I think I can tell you that we’ve already entered that phase,” Hashimoto says. “However, the engine itself is not yet fully finished, so we’re not working on anything full-time. Right now arrangements are being made as we prepare to work using the real thing.”

http://www.edge-online.com/news/something-about-japan-square-enix-on-luminous-studio-and-why-japan-is-pushing-back-against-western-dominance/2/

The thing is, we know that FF Versus XIII entered full production in 2011 and yet this game is not even being worked on full-time, yet alone full-time and in full production. Are you seeing the massive inconsistency?

Further still, in October 2012, only a month before Yoshihasa revealed that part-time development of a game using Luminous Studio had started, Nomura said to Famitsu:

"Versus production has properly continued. Because all the staff are working hard, please be patient with regards to a follow-up report."

http://hokanko-alt.ldblog.jp/archives/67707197.html

Again, can you see the massive inconsistency? So FF Versus XIII reached full production in 2011 and currently development is properly continuing and all the staff are working hard on the game. Yet one month later, the game using Luminous Studio is only being worked on part-time as the engine is not yet finished.

-----

Conclusion: The evidence points to the FF being revealed at E3 2013 being a brand new game that 100% uses Luminous Studio. It will not be a renamed FF Versus XIII. It's still possible that FF Versus XIII will become FFXV, but it will likely stay on PS3/360 even after the name change.
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#2theofficefan99Posted 4/7/2013 2:20:52 PM
Good research. Perhaps the game will stay on the PS3.

At this point, I just want the damn game to show up at E3, get released, be amazing, and sell incredibly well.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#3theofficefan99Posted 4/7/2013 2:23:42 PM
Can someone post this on NeoGAF? I want to see what they'd say about it.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#4Rose_of_MayPosted 4/7/2013 2:56:49 PM
I don't think anyone really expects SE to show Versus at E3 when they've got Lightning's Third, KHHD, FFXHD and FFXIV to show off.
#51Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 3:01:47 PM
Rose_of_May posted...
I don't think anyone really expects SE to show Versus at E3 when they've got Lightning's Third, KHHD, FFXHD and FFXIV to show off.

The main concern is that people think Versus has been moved to PS4 as FFXV. There's no way that's happening. The game can become FFXV, but it will still stay on PS3 (and maybe also 360). The FF for PS4 is being made by a totally different team from the Versus team and the game will 100% use Luminous Studio.
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#6YOUNHA-Posted 4/7/2013 3:03:15 PM
I'm honestly not expecting Versus at all this year. Forget about it.
---
The Official Head Of The Established Secret Society Of T.R.R
SDB- "Crazy For You" : www.youtube.com/watch?v=4izc3i4Ulg0
#7theofficefan99Posted 4/7/2013 3:21:24 PM
YOUNHA- posted...

Personally, I'm expecting it at TGS.
---
#8YOUNHA-Posted 4/7/2013 4:02:56 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
YOUNHA- posted...

Good luck with that.
---
The Official Head Of The Established Secret Society Of T.R.R
SDB- "Crazy For You" : www.youtube.com/watch?v=4izc3i4Ulg0
#9theofficefan99Posted 4/7/2013 4:07:09 PM
YOUNHA- posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
YOUNHA- posted...

Good luck with that.

Hashimoto confirmed that we'll be seeing it this year.
---
#10zombie_basher13Posted 4/7/2013 4:25:10 PM
Yeah that was very short and concise TC....
---
Look alive, you fools.