Reasons that prove the FF revealed at E3 won't be Versus renamed **KEEP BUMPED**

#411Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 12:43:42 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
Like I've said, strong arguments from both sides, and both sides have things that can be pretty much "evidence" that it's still on the PS3, like with what TC and Exentryk posted, and the other side has strong "evidence" such as the whole Roen thing "accidentally" listing Versus XIII as FF15.

We just have to wait until E3.

You have to remember that just because FF Versus XIII gets renamed to FFXV doesn't mean it's automatically now a PS4 title. It can still be renamed FFXV and be for PS3/360. After all, FF Gaiden got renamed FFIX after the PS2 was announced. Therefore, the Roen "mistake" of calling it FFXV is not a strong argument that it has moved to PS4.

Vunks posted...
Op is right. Not only that everyone is forgetting about the ff14 bomb that is why he couldn't talk about the game, why we are still waiting, and why we have to rely on rumors.

I doubt that FFXIV ARR is the "totally unrelated circumstance" that Nomura has stated. I also doubt it's the PS4. I think it's to do with Disney and them wanting him to hurry up and start making KHIII.
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#421Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 12:48:22 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
Exentryk posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
...and the other side has strong "evidence" such as the whole Roen thing "accidentally" listing Versus XIII as FF15.

If it wasn't a typo, all it confirms is that Versus XIII will be called FFXV. How does it evince that Versus/FF15 will be on PS4?

Because what else would be announced at E3? Do you really think that SE is going to hype up a PS4 FF title that isn't a mainline title?

Unless they will announce both FFXV and FFXVI at E3 2013. FFXV will be a renamed FF Versus XIII for PS3 and FFXVI will be 100% using Luminous Studio and for PS4.

Regardless, that Roen mistake is not a valid reason as the the Versus XIII costume designer even personally wrote a blog piece saying the "FINAL FANTASY 15 (Tentative name)" was typed by a junior staff who has no knowledge of the FF series.
---
#43zombie_basher13Posted 4/8/2013 12:59:26 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
Exentryk posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
...and the other side has strong "evidence" such as the whole Roen thing "accidentally" listing Versus XIII as FF15.

If it wasn't a typo, all it confirms is that Versus XIII will be called FFXV. How does it evince that Versus/FF15 will be on PS4?

Because what else would be announced at E3? Do you really think that SE is going to hype up a PS4 FF title that isn't a mainline title?

Could be an FF VII remake. XD XD I kid I kid.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#44zombie_basher13Posted 4/8/2013 1:01:32 AM
1Truth posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Like I've said, strong arguments from both sides, and both sides have things that can be pretty much "evidence" that it's still on the PS3, like with what TC and Exentryk posted, and the other side has strong "evidence" such as the whole Roen thing "accidentally" listing Versus XIII as FF15.

We just have to wait until E3.

You have to remember that just because FF Versus XIII gets renamed to FFXV doesn't mean it's automatically now a PS4 title. It can still be renamed FFXV and be for PS3/360. After all, FF Gaiden got renamed FFIX after the PS2 was announced. Therefore, the Roen "mistake" of calling it FFXV is not a strong argument that it has moved to PS4.

Vunks posted...
Op is right. Not only that everyone is forgetting about the ff14 bomb that is why he couldn't talk about the game, why we are still waiting, and why we have to rely on rumors.

I doubt that FFXIV ARR is the "totally unrelated circumstance" that Nomura has stated. I also doubt it's the PS4. I think it's to do with Disney and them wanting him to hurry up and start making KHIII.

Why would Disney wanting Nomura to make KH 3 stop him from releasing Versus 13 info? Please explain your logic to me.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#451Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 1:34:22 AM
zombie_basher13 posted...
Why would Disney wanting Nomura to make KH 3 stop him from releasing Versus 13 info? Please explain your logic to me.

He said "totally unrelated issues" are preventing him from talking. I'm guessing that means something not to do with the actual game. It's either management like Wada and Hashimoto that are stopping him so the game won't take attention away from FFXIV ARR, or Disney are stopping him so that he won't take his own attention away from KH games.
---
#46ZendaikPosted 4/8/2013 1:36:22 AM
KH DDD was just released last year. In Disney's minds I doubt there's a whole lot of difference between KH3 and any other KH game as long as they make money. If they even care that much about the series anymore. Disney's moving away from videogames lately.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#47PillsberyDoeManPosted 4/8/2013 2:31:04 AM
i only read the first post. so basically, you're saying that v13 will be ff15 and the e3 reveal will be ff16?
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#48StarBladeEdgePosted 4/8/2013 3:16:54 AM
it's for both ....ps3/4........end of story.
#491Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 3:41:24 AM
Zendaik posted...
KH DDD was just released last year. In Disney's minds I doubt there's a whole lot of difference between KH3 and any other KH game as long as they make money. If they even care that much about the series anymore. Disney's moving away from videogames lately.

Nomura has confirmed that people at Disney keep asking him to begin production on KHIII. They value the mainline KH series more than spin-offs and side-stories.
---
#501Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 3:42:32 AM
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
i only read the first post. so basically, you're saying that v13 will be ff15 and the e3 reveal will be ff16?

It's a possibility if FF Versus indeed becomes FFXV. If this is the case, we could get both FFXV announced for PS3 and FFXVI announced for PS4 at E3 this year.
---