Another reason Versus XIII won't get renamed: "XIII" is planned to last 10 years

#11GamerManiac187Posted 4/8/2013 7:12:21 PM
Final Fantasy Type-0
---
http://backloggery.com/kurano
#12rpglover13Posted 4/8/2013 8:26:16 PM
So by "support" you mean keeping projects backed up just for the sake of them being "live"(barely). I guess we know why there's been the wait on Versus and the 7 remake.
#131Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 4:10:10 AM
zombie_basher13 posted...
Okay so now SE are contradicting themselves. They liken FNC to Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Lord of the Rings? Well those all have a continuing story in the same general settings, but about FNC games they said they're set in different universes and have no relation to each other. So....kay? Also TC, they said FNC MIGHT last 10 years, not the FF XIII name. Even so, 3 more years and it's done. I think they should just finish Versus and move on.

Actually, FNC started in 2009 when FFXIII was released, so that means it ends in 2019.
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#14zombie_basher13Posted 4/9/2013 10:15:10 PM
1Truth posted...
Okay so now SE are contradicting themselves. They liken FNC to Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Lord of the Rings? Well those all have a continuing story in the same general settings, but about FNC games they said they're set in different universes and have no relation to each other. So....kay? Also TC, they said FNC MIGHT last 10 years, not the FF XIII name. Even so, 3 more years and it's done. I think they should just finish Versus and move on.

Actually, FNC started in 2009 when FFXIII was released, so that means it ends in 2019.

Well I was thinking of it as 2006 when they first announced the whole thing, but I guess you're right and SE meant once the first game released. But still, they said FF VII compilation would last 20 years, ending in 2017, and they stopped making games for it.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#151Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 5:39:21 AM(edited)
1Truth posted...

Well I was thinking of it as 2006 when they first announced the whole thing, but I guess you're right and SE meant once the first game released. But still, they said FF VII compilation would last 20 years, ending in 2017, and they stopped making games for it.

Shinji Hashimoto said in April 2009 that the FFVII Compilation is "over for now" and that it's not completely over:

At a screening last weekend for Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete (due out on Blu-ray in Japan April 16, with a spiffy limited edition PlayStation 3), producer Shinji Hashimoto referred to its release as the Compilation's "end for now". While future extensions were not ruled out, it's probably safe not to expect another Crisis Core or Dirge of Cerberus any time soon.

http://www.1up.com/news/square-enix-compilation-final-fantasy
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.