Pretty sure Stella's Eidolon is gonna be Bahamut or Anima.

#11Seiko_NurashimaPosted 4/9/2013 9:57:31 PM
I'm in the Anima boat idc what game or who has it but she deserves a return
#12theofficefan99Posted 4/9/2013 10:01:26 PM
Anima was a summon unique to X, though. And she had an actual background. I highly doubt she'll be used again as an actual summon, as she's one of those "one time only" summons.

It would be badass if Noctis' Eidolon was Bahamut.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#13DanahellPosted 4/9/2013 10:12:30 PM
I think they wouldn't have much problem in making another Anima, if summons like Maduin could return in different shapes despite him having a background in FFVI, then I think they could bring back Anima, although it'd probably look different.
---
American beer is like making love in a canoe. It's ****ing close to water
#14kilaudePosted 4/10/2013 2:13:50 AM
Anima would be awesome for Stella, Neo Bahamut amazing for Noctis, but we've gotta figure how to put Knights in the Round somewhere because that was frickin' beautiful.
#15Graham_ChapmanPosted 4/10/2013 2:51:48 AM
Personally, I think the summon system will work a bit like KH's summon system where you trade out other characters on the field for the summoned beasts... Only, I hope vsXIII's summon system will be a bit more elaborate than KH's. E.g.:

Noctis might embody death related summons, Ignis might embody fire and tactics* related summons with high magic power, Gladiolus might embody water/ice and normal attack related summons with high physical stats and Prompto might embody thunder and trickery** related summons with low stats but buffs and nerf spells to make up for it. If a summon is defeated, its summoners are also KO'd.

Ignis + Gladiolus = Ifrit: Fire elemental, normal attacks, high magic and physical stats.
(Would be pretty straight-forward burn, pillage and sunder gameplay-wise.)
Prompto + Gladiolus = Shiva: Ice elemental, trickery, balanced physical stats, buff spells.
(Would you spend your MP on trapping your foes in ice or buff yourself?)
Ignis + Prompto = Ramuh: Lightning elemental, tactics, above average magic stats and nerf spells.
(Low physical stats to balance his combination of nerf spells, status defects and lightning traps.)
and/or
Noct + Ignis = Phoenix: Fire elemental, Quetzalli's ability to pick up allies + auto-life, high magic stats.
(Airborne, mediocre HP encourages tactical thinking, if defeated Noct and Ignis are not KO'd, aspect of death: Resurrection.)
Noct + Gladiolus = Leviathan: Water elemental, normal attacks + splash damage, immense physical stats.
(Throw yourself into battle and destroy your enemies with wild abandon and crushing water, aspect of death: Battle.)
Noct + Prompto = Alexander: Holy elemental, trickery + auto-counters & regen, buff and nerf spells.
(Practically immobile, punishes all actions, buff and nerf spells leave no weaknesses, aspect of death: Immortality.)

* Tactics could mean that the summon's spells rather work like traps and/or cause status effects. (Ramuh could be a bit like Emperor Mateus from Dissidia, but his traps are lightning elemental and cause paralysis.)
** Trickery could mean that the summon's spells are more about setting the opponent up for more serious punishment. (Think of how Shiva's Diamond Dust typically has her first trap the enemy in a prison of ice and then shatter it.)
---
I'M IN DESPAIR!!! THE SEVEN YEARS FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII HAS BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT HAVE LEFT ME IN DESPAIR!!!
#16VersusXIIIonPS4(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 7:15:30 AM
I can see Prompto's Eidolon being Carbuncle ^. ^

So cute
#17Studey1983Posted 4/10/2013 7:34:03 AM
Either way would be cool, but frankly I miss the days where any character could summon any summon
#18Graham_ChapmanPosted 4/10/2013 7:46:53 AM
Studey1983 posted...
Either way would be cool, but frankly I miss the days where any character could summon any summon

While an ok system I believe it's also only optimal for when summons are one-turn usages, (like back in the days when you would summon a creature, the summoned creature would do its thing, and then it'd go away,) and while I definitely don't have anything against that system, I also really like controlling the summons, too.

One idea could be having "general" summons and "specific" summons. Like, some summons that anyone can use, but that only enter battle, does its business and then leaves again, and some summons that only specific characters could call.
---
I'M IN DESPAIR!!! THE SEVEN YEARS FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII HAS BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT HAVE LEFT ME IN DESPAIR!!!
#19GalluszPosted 4/10/2013 4:42:52 PM
Going to sound pessimistic but.

Stella will never have an eidolon as this game will never release
#20mrklarrydPosted 4/10/2013 11:42:03 PM
Believe it or not, the trailer you're talking about is so old that it predates game of thrones as a TV series. Not sure how popular Asoiaf novels are in Japan.