Sidequests and exploration.

#1AshleyRiot223Posted 4/10/2013 9:34:00 AM
Of those 2 how would you like it to be integrated?
Personaly,i hope that the sidequests will have,beside the mandatory fetch quests, some good quests that contribute to character development and adds to the storyline. Square mustnt drop the ball here . Just a few fetch quests Square and a handfull of fleshed out half game long! character driven sidequests .

Exploration-wise i would like to see nothing else but a tribute in full HD PS3 to the oldschool console Final Fantasy games. A large worldmap. Some sections temporaly blocked off due storyline etc. But with enough to do when you feel like a break from the story. Optional dungeons and towns are a musthave. It rewards the diligent gamer during his playthrough,and rewards the casual gamer by discovering it on his second playthrough wich both adds to their positive experience. An ofcourse airships,vehicles and chocobos but that at least is confirmed.
---
Should you meet them, repent, Ashley, repent!
#2Darth_HavokPosted 4/10/2013 9:55:32 AM
I'd like it to be more like FFX personally. Not SUPER linear, but at the same time you always no where to go for the main story - however - I liked the airship component, so when it did come time to grind, or do side-quests, you can still get around. I agree that the sidequests should be more about the characters than test the events. I'd also like to see some missions like Crisis Core, or XIII or even a battle arena with optional bosses.

That's just me.
---
The Official Maverick Hunter Zero of the MvC3 board!
PSN: Darth-Griever
#3shadowSEXilPosted 4/10/2013 10:01:33 AM
Darth_Havok posted...
I'd like it to be more like FFX personally. Not SUPER linear

Wat
---
I eat cereal for breakfast with 1% milk.
#4Darth_HavokPosted 4/10/2013 10:28:32 AM
^^ I meant not as linear as 13 or Crisis Core lol
---
The Official Maverick Hunter Zero of the MvC3 board!
PSN: Darth-Griever
#5ZeroCalsPosted 4/10/2013 10:59:54 AM
I'm a huge fan of exploring secondary characters' pasts via sidequests. You know, have a sidequest explaining how Prompto became a member of Noctis's group (since, apparently, he's the newest addition).

I think that would be cool.
---
Official Wisest Person on the Final Fantasy Versus XIII Board
#6heartlesshero17Posted 4/10/2013 3:50:11 PM
I hope sidequests give extra dialogue that is hilarious like Nier. That game had horrible sidequests but I enjoyed the characters talking about whatever task they got stuck with
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#7Lelouch71Posted 4/10/2013 5:38:04 PM
Sidequest: Like a combination of KH and how previous FF handle it. I want some badass optional bosses that are powerful like in KH along with some interesting mini-games. I want optional dungeons and ultimate weapons (found not forge). Plus I want side quest that help provide even more backstory to the story or charactes.

Exploration: Give me a combination of KH3D and Xenoblade. I want a huge world to explore while the story itself is linear. At the same time I want to be able to climb high buildings to be find all sorts of items.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#8ExentrykPosted 4/10/2013 6:04:13 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
Sidequest: Like a combination of KH and how previous FF handle it. I want some badass optional bosses that are powerful like in KH along with some interesting mini-games. I want optional dungeons and ultimate weapons (found not forge). Plus I want side quest that help provide even more backstory to the story or charactes.

Exploration: Give me a combination of KH3D and Xenoblade. I want a huge world to explore while the story itself is linear. At the same time I want to be able to climb high buildings to be find all sorts of items.

Pretty much this.

I'd also wouldn't mind seeing something like this while exploring -- say you're near a lake and you use the blizzard magic on it, in turn freezing it and allowing you to walk over it. Then somewhere in the middle of that frozen lake, you see a treasure chest underneath, and you use Fire magic to go inside and get it. Something like that.

You know, more interactive environments, that fit with FF elements. Like use Aero while running around to float over volcanic areas etc. So much potential.
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#9zombie_basher13Posted 4/10/2013 9:02:53 PM
I would like to see some awesome environmental dungeons in all honesty, whether optional or not doesn't matter. Stuff like in FF 1, an underwater temple or temple in the sky, and the last dungeon (if Versus even has one since it's such a unique FF, for all we know the last level will be a modern city setting like Tokyo or something, seen in trailers) has gotta be awesome. I actually really liked Orphan's Cradle in XIII, it was the best area in that entire game imo. Versus should up the ante.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#10AshleyRiot223(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 5:16:35 AM
Lelouch71 posted...

Yesyes that is also good. i really jope theyll do it.
---
Should you meet them, repent, Ashley, repent!