Sidequests and exploration.

#11AshleyRiot223(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 5:19:06 AM
zombie_basher13 posted...
I would like to see some awesome environmental dungeons in all honesty, whether optional or not doesn't matter. Stuff like in FF 1, an underwater temple or temple in the sky, and the last dungeon (if Versus even has one since it's such a unique FF, for all we know the last level will be a modern city setting like Tokyo or something, seen in trailers) has gotta be awesome. I actually really liked Orphan's Cradle in XIII, it was the best area in that entire game imo. Versus should up the ante.

You had me glued untill the statement about Orphan's Cradle.
That area was bland and generic, no tension and the worst music.
---
Should you meet them, repent, Ashley, repent!
#12kilaudePosted 4/12/2013 3:23:07 AM
I just want a frickin' Gold Saucer
#13ClawsPosted 4/13/2013 3:34:34 AM
Exentryk posted...
Lelouch71 posted...
Sidequest: Like a combination of KH and how previous FF handle it. I want some badass optional bosses that are powerful like in KH along with some interesting mini-games. I want optional dungeons and ultimate weapons (found not forge). Plus I want side quest that help provide even more backstory to the story or charactes.

Exploration: Give me a combination of KH3D and Xenoblade. I want a huge world to explore while the story itself is linear. At the same time I want to be able to climb high buildings to be find all sorts of items.

Pretty much this.

I'd also wouldn't mind seeing something like this while exploring -- say you're near a lake and you use the blizzard magic on it, in turn freezing it and allowing you to walk over it. Then somewhere in the middle of that frozen lake, you see a treasure chest underneath, and you use Fire magic to go inside and get it. Something like that.

You know, more interactive environments, that fit with FF elements. Like use Aero while running around to float over volcanic areas etc. So much potential.

^I love this idea. For one we'd actually have to earn our way into places, and another, it allows us get to use magic outside of just combat and think about how to use it. That would be fantastic.
#14ZendaikPosted 4/13/2013 5:03:10 AM
The idea of taking on things like Marks with huge monsters combined with KH combat in a huge world is making me **** in my pants.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#15Cyber_Boy94Posted 4/13/2013 5:37:37 AM
Since this is an open world game, I'm pretty sure the developers will put in mind that people might want to explore the map, so I don't think that will be much of a problem.

Side quests however, I have no idea how I'd want them handled. I'd like to see them in the game, but I'm not sure how I'd like them implemented.

I'd want to either see optional quests where if you pick it, you're locked into doing that mission, or optional ones like in KH... maybe a mix of both would be cool.
---
PSN=Cyber_Boy94
Support Project Crystallis http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/project-crystallis.html
#16CranberryTacoPosted 4/13/2013 5:58:02 AM
I'd like it if they program sidequests that contains extra summons, backstory on the players and racing. Wasnt there a photo mini-game?

As for the exploration, i expect the same amount of it compared to FF XII.
---
Slick Musician /DJ/ [>R&B> NU Jack Swing >House>UK Music> Dubstep is where it went wrong
#17theofficefan99Posted 4/13/2013 6:58:13 AM
AshleyRiot223 posted...
zombie_basher13 posted...
I would like to see some awesome environmental dungeons in all honesty, whether optional or not doesn't matter. Stuff like in FF 1, an underwater temple or temple in the sky, and the last dungeon (if Versus even has one since it's such a unique FF, for all we know the last level will be a modern city setting like Tokyo or something, seen in trailers) has gotta be awesome. I actually really liked Orphan's Cradle in XIII, it was the best area in that entire game imo. Versus should up the ante.

You had me glued untill the statement about Orphan's Cradle.
That area was bland and generic, no tension and the worst music.

The music for Orphan's Cradle was pretty underwhelming, but visually, the location was flipping amazing. I can see myself being impressed by it even 5-10 years from now.

And I'm pretty sure that Versus XIII will have a final dungeon, just inside of a city, most likely.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#18theofficefan99Posted 4/13/2013 7:02:19 AM
CranberryTaco posted...
I'd like it if they program sidequests that contains extra summons, backstory on the players and racing. Wasnt there a photo mini-game?

I don't know. I actually think Versus XIII will be bigger than XII, or, at least, have environments that are much more fun to explore, since you'll have chocobos, you can steal and control mechs, you'll have situations to discover such as the Bahamut hiding on top of a skyscraper, cars, airships, etc. etc.

And yes, I'd love for optional summons and dungeons to return.

And I also want something like the Seraphic Gate in tri-Ace games, except I want more of a reason to complete such a daunting post-game dungeon other than bragging rights. Perhaps award me with some more background to the world, and some extra cutscenes? I dunno.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#19CranberryTacoPosted 4/13/2013 12:39:39 PM(edited)
theofficefan99 posted...
CranberryTaco posted...

I don't know. I actually think Versus XIII will be bigger than XII, or, at least, have environments that are much more fun to explore, since you'll have chocobos, you can steal and control mechs, you'll have situations to discover such as the Bahamut hiding on top of a skyscraper, cars, airships, etc. etc.

And yes, I'd love for optional summons and dungeons to return.

And I also want something like the Seraphic Gate in tri-Ace games, except I want more of a reason to complete such a daunting post-game dungeon other than bragging rights. Perhaps award me with some more background to the world, and some extra cutscenes? I dunno.

Well said. There has to be more content than Final Fantasy XII, i do not see the point of a long development cycle otherwise. By the way, how are things at the dysfunctional Lamething board?
---
Slick Musician /DJ/ [>R&B> NU Jack Swing >House>UK Music> Dubstep is where it went wrong