Sooooo

#11heartlesshero17(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 3:26:14 PM
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
yea, it does feel like it's been forever. it's gonna be weird when the game finally comes out. i won't be on here, as to avoid spoilers, but when i'm finished i'll most likely come back. i guess it all depends on whether or not v13 ends with the possibility of there being a sequel.

and whenever kh3 is officially announced, i'll be over on those boards.

Not sure if I'd be here still once they start showing this game off again honestly. Depending on what users are still around
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#12PillsberyDoeManPosted 4/10/2013 3:43:13 PM
so, you're saying that you want to avoid all media for this game when they finally start releasing it ?_?
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#13JVIIPosted 4/10/2013 3:49:57 PM
heartlesshero17 posted...

Hated the rumor stuff. Cause I like this place better when its nothing but off topic discussion

The regulars should return and turn those topics into something worth discussing, like what happened briefly in the past in the "relation to XIII" topics.
#14heartlesshero17(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 3:58:08 PM
so, you're saying that you want to avoid all media for this game when they finally start releasing it ?_?

Hell yeah. I don't actually give a crap about the game. At least not yet. I just like this board. Last time info came this place was horrible
---
-PainsPerception
#15heartlesshero17(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 3:59:08 PM
JVII posted...

Hated the rumor stuff. Cause I like this place better when its nothing but off topic discussion

The regulars should return and turn those topics into something worth discussing, like what happened briefly in the past in the "relation to XIII" topics.

After years of nothing, we probably have run out of things to discuss
---
-PainsPerception
#16PillsberyDoeManPosted 4/10/2013 4:15:05 PM

Hell yeah. I don't actually give a crap about the game. At least not yet. I just like this board. Last time info came this place was horrible

hmm, i don't quite remember what it was like. well, aside from some people complaining about the battle speed not being as fast as nomura claimed it to be. but that was easily countered with, "the footage is from an old build. the next time we see it, it'll be the real deal".

my only problem is going to be controlling myself with the amount of times i watch the trailer(s). i'm going to try and keep it at a minimum of 5 times. i overdid it with 13 and it ruined the story for me.
---
#17heartlesshero17(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 4:41:30 PM

hmm, i don't quite remember what it was like. well, aside from some people complaining about the battle speed not being as fast as nomura claimed it to be. but that was easily countered with, "the footage is from an old build. the next time we see it, it'll be the real deal".

my only problem is going to be controlling myself with the amount of times i watch the trailer(s). i'm going to try and keep it at a minimum of 5 times. i overdid it with 13 and it ruined the story for me.

I got flamed horribly by new people just for saying it looked sort of clunky. Even though I wasn't trolling and pointed out how it would likely be better in later footage since this was early work on the game. Anything less then saying its perfect was frowned upon I guess

I didn't watch much of the XIII trailers actually. I think only type 0 trailers had me coming back multiple times.
---
-PainsPerception
#18PillsberyDoeManPosted 4/10/2013 5:07:10 PM
v13 DOES look clunky in that footage. plus, it's slowed down. in the end, i think it's gonna be really similar to kh. unless of course that stupid rumor about the battle system changing is true. i don't believe it for a second.
---
#19heartlesshero17(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 5:32:29 PM
Back then though, people would not admit that. I believe the final product would be a lot more better as well. They had a lot of time to polish this

I didn't really read any of the rumors though so not sure what that is all about
---
-PainsPerception
#20shadowSEXilPosted 4/10/2013 7:54:15 PM
I actually went back and looked at some of our older posts here from '08/'09, and it was funny seeing people predict that this game would be renamed to Final Fantasy XIV to be released in '11.

I've been doing some theorizing though on the PS4 and XV issues. I've always been firm in believing that we would be handed Final Fantasy Versus XIII on the PS3, but there are a few things which are beginning to make me doubt that.

Outdated Hardware: Look. Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII have very similar graphical quality, but there is one massive difference between the games: Open World Map. In fact, I read an early interview (06) with Nomura stating that he was afraid to make the world too big. Also note that this is the final numbered Final Fantasy game Nomura said he'll be working on in major role, so this is his big farewell project in that aspect.

Anyways, Final Fantasy XIII-2 had to have its graphical prowess cut down due to larger maps, and framerate lag even occurred on the PS3 in this state. I have seen other games do more impressive things graphically without slowdown (Most PS3 exclusives) than XIII-2. This makes me question Crystal Tools more than anything; perhaps it places an unnecessarily high burden on consoles when compared to its graphical output. I imagine some of this inefficiency could have been wiped away with how Nomura's team optimized the engine for ARPG combat, but that is a lot of ground to cover, especially without even considering the addition of Luminous lighting.

I doubt the PS3 can handle this game very well. I just don't see it with their engine's track record.

These next two points are just speculation on my part and are not strong at all:

Fabula Nova Crystallis was supposed to be a 3 Game Compilation: Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2, and Lightning Returns. Type-0 does not have a XIII. Perhaps Versus shall follow suit.

The End of the Lightning Returns Trailer...: It may have contained a cryptic quote. "These are the final XIII days." Perhaps the end of all things XIII?

Not a lot, but just some thoughts.
---
I eat cereal for breakfast with 1% milk.