FFXIII versus Prediction Poll

#1Ikaru_Posted 4/17/2013 2:59:07 PM
The Future of Final Fantasy Versus XIII - Results (158 votes)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII: PS3 announced at E3
41.14% (65 votes)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII: PS4 announced at E3 as FFXV
21.52% (34 votes)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII: ,PS3 announced at E3 now ATB
0.63% (1 votes)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII ,PS4,ATB,E3
3.16% (5 votes)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII,PS3,Xbox360 announced at E3
4.43% (7 votes)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII,wii U watercolor look.
0.63% (1 votes)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII,canceled announced at E3
6.96% (11 votes)
Your mother.
3.16% (5 votes)
Your mother again.
8.23% (13 votes)
.....Ninjas don't comment.
10.13% (16 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Final Fantasy Versus XIII: PS4 announced at E3 as FFXV
This^ please!
A valid reason to buy a ps4,unless GTV is also out for the PS4.
#2theofficefan99Posted 4/17/2013 3:43:48 PM
I honestly think #2 now. Though, like I said, both sides have lots of good points. I can see this game staying a PS3 exclusive, but I can also see it moving to the PS4. At this point, I think the PS4 thing is much more likely.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#3VunksPosted 4/17/2013 5:08:18 PM
If you believe this is going to the ps4 you do not understand costs and risks.
#4theofficefan99Posted 4/17/2013 5:14:39 PM
Vunks posted...

As stated time and time again, aside from all of the potential hints, it's plausible and it definitely isn't a stupid decision if Sony is co-funding and if this isn't a launch PS4 title.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#5VunksPosted 4/17/2013 5:32:13 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Vunks posted...

As stated time and time again, aside from all of the potential hints, it's plausible and it definitely isn't a stupid decision if Sony is co-funding and if this isn't a launch PS4 title.

Again costs and risks
#6theofficefan99Posted 4/17/2013 5:48:12 PM
Vunks posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Vunks posted...

Again costs and risks

Costs and risks aren't a problem if Sony is co-funding and developing and if it isn't a launch title.
---
#7NewGuy1887Posted 4/17/2013 5:57:55 PM
i think most likely PS3 title and we will see info at TGS in September and not E3 in June.

TGS will then have much focus on FNC/FFXIII games: Lightning Returns and Versus. E3 will certainly have focus on XIV A realm Reborn, which will be out after E3 but long before TGS, which makes TGS good timing.

either way and whether Versus is PS3 or PS4 it would be more beneficial to announce details before the new consoles come out at the end of the year.
---
Polish, 22, i lift weights, i shoot guns, i play Final Fantasy
#8VunksPosted 4/17/2013 6:02:14 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Vunks posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Vunks posted...

Again costs and risks

Costs and risks aren't a problem if Sony is co-funding and developing and if it isn't a launch title.

Sony doesn't have the money, they are trying to go back into the black and are releasing a new system.
#9theofficefan99Posted 4/17/2013 6:07:23 PM
Vunks posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Vunks posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Vunks posted...

Again costs and risks

Sony doesn't have the money, they are trying to go back into the black and are releasing a new system.

Sony doesn't have the money??? Whaaaat????

It makes total sense; in a sense, it'd be similar to what they did with FFVII. You want to get the RPG crowd, and you want to get them early on, so what better way to do it than to fund an amazing RPG and have it massively advertised? It'll definitely help both SE and Sony in the long run. It makes sense.
---
#10NewGuy1887Posted 4/17/2013 6:10:05 PM
also i think renaming to XV is unlikely, there is too much invested in FNC and FFXIII in the game story and the gameplay design is not turn or gauge based, and if they change the story and the gameplay and use everything else all they are left with are locations and models that are made for the PS3 and not the PS4, Versus also has many years work and insane levels of anticipation from fans and media from the whole world that they would not be making best use of.

although officefan has a good point that Sony would benefit a good system seller like Versus i do not think they would help fund it, Nomura was very clear he only intends to make it for PS3 and after going multiplatform did not help XIII's sales there is little reason for Square Enix to wnt to focus on multiplatform at the cost of content and quality again, Sony does not need to pay for exclusivity for this title and the other point about PS4, like Vunks said it is a risk, Square Enix are not in the best position to take risks on a title that is so expensive already. the anticipation is for Versus on PS3 and the PS3 has a larger user base now than PS4 will have for a long time, it will be cheaper to make and make them more money on PS3 Versus must cost so much now and has been developed alongside new engines they are using, i think PS3 is still a safe bet.
---
Polish, 22, i lift weights, i shoot guns, i play Final Fantasy