FFXIII versus Prediction Poll

#81theofficefan99Posted 4/18/2013 4:24:13 PM(edited)
lol, what a fail attempt at an insult. "Loosely" is not even a big word. And by that, they meant that it's slated for 2013, but a quarter hasn't been set. If it's 70% complete, and it's an HD remaster, what in the world makes you think that it won't come out in 2013? Grasping at straws to try and prove a point?

What do you mean "I don't know what the hell you're talking about?" It's getting a Summer release, but that doesn't mean that they won't stop promoting it. They need to ensure the game's success.

Uh... it's the way Square Enix has been doing things forever, along with most companies. Aside from the company that makes the Atelier games and other companies that churn out things very quickly, companies announce and reveal things at least 9 months ahead of the game's release. Of course, a majority of sales are impulse buyers and the interest peaks when the game is close to release, but there's also long-term marketing that's necessary in order to build excitement and hype. SE has never revealed a mainline title and released it less than 6 months later. And Versus XIII obviously need a re-reveal since the last trailer had completely unfinished footage from early-on in the game and it was using an old build.

Please, please give me an example of a mainline FF from VII and onwards that had 6 months or less of marketing before its release.

Uh... they still need to market it, smart one. It doesn't matter if some are HD remasters. If they show way too many games at once, the interest will dissolve and they might be shooting themselves in the foot. Add Versus XIII into the mix and you're pretty much screwed. These games need to be marketed. Built up hype is obviously important, otherwise games wouldn't even need to be announced a week before its release, right? Genius.

So freaking what? They made these games and they want them to sell as well as possible. Are you now seriously trying to push that SE knows that these games won't sell too well so they won't bother and they'll just focus on Versus XIII? Why even release the other games in the first place, then? Hm?

Yes, and you're forgetting the fact that there are 3 other games coming out near the same time frame already, along with promoting ARR after its release in order to draw in more players.

LOL @ "beat down." What are you, 12? I owned your ass, dude! Just cry and run to mommy!!!!111!!!! Am I doing it right? Protip: essentially saying "I won" does not mean that you won, no matter how many times you say it.

This whole thing started because you're being obnoxious towards those who support the notion of this moving to the PS4, when we have explained time and time again that there are certain scenarios, where, if actually true, can be a very smart decision from SE. The best part of this is that I have said time and time again that I never said that this will happen, only that it's possible, and personally, I think it's the most likely outcome. And yet, you have a problem with that, for some reason.

And now you're trying to argue that releasing Versus XIII on the PS3 this year while 5 other games are being released (and two of them are major releases) is the best and most likely outcome? lol, okay.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#82theofficefan99Posted 4/18/2013 3:58:18 PM
CokaineCowboy77 posted...
Has officefan thrown in the towel!?

Right now it's looking like Vunks is the winner, but can officefan make a comeback!? Stay tuned.

...I'm sorry that I'm not on here 24/7?

And LOL, considering the fact that he completely ignored the two posts directed towards him preceding the one he responded to actually shows that he's the one that threw in the towel.

And this whole thing is ridiculous, anyways. The thing that pisses me off is that he is so adamant about not letting anyone even think that it moving to the PS4 is a good idea, when we have shown him potential scenarios that could work out, and he just ignores them or uses the most pessimistic form of logic or outcome in order to prove his point, which is just flat-out ridiculous.

And he could at least be arguing with someone who is a firm believer that it's going to the PS4. I'm not. As I have stated many times before, I think both sides have great arguments. I wouldn't be surprised if it stays on the PS3, and I wouldn't be surprised if it moved on to the PS4.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#83theofficefan99Posted 4/18/2013 4:07:54 PM
Zendaik posted...
Drakengard 3 was confirmed for 2013 when it was announced. At least for Japan.

Anyway, I think Versus has good chances for PS3 or PS4. Just a few things that would be a bit odd about a PS4 release though:

SE is still heavily supporting the PS3 with FF X/X-2 HD, KH 1.5 (and the eventual 2.5 next year), Lightning Returns, FF XIV (which they said they promised it on the PS3 and want to deliver it on it), Lightning Returns, Drakengard 3 etc. Although they said they're revealing a FF at E3, it doesn't mean they're shying away from the PS3 yet.

Like FF XIV, it was promised on the PS3. Now, the FF XIV statement could be just one developer's philosophy, but Nomura focuses on one console for his game so making the game for the PS3 then moving it to the PS4 would be a bit odd, which again is considering that SE is still supporting the PS3 and that it's not like Nomura's going to stop his involvement with the PS3 since 2.5 Remix is sure to come.

But I can definitely understand if SE feels that Versus is mainline quality, and that moving it to the PS4 as their first game on it would be a good idea. Would also save them some face, so they're not pressured to get a FF game out early but they have to wait like 3 years to do it like FF XIII. Also makes sense if Sony asked them and is helping them move it to the PS4, though honestly I still believe Zeal is full of ****.

However, the game has to be retooled entirely with Luminous. They showcased Luminous at the Sony conference and they'll want to show off their tech, which means that if Versus is on the PS4 it's unlikely that it'll look only marginally better than a PS3 game. Will they put in that much effort in retooling a game that was made specifically for the PS3, over a brand new FF that will have been in development alongside Luminous' development? I don't really know. We'll find out at E3.

I agree. I've said plenty of times before that both sides have great arguments. I'm personally leaning towards PS4, but that doesn't mean that I don't expect it to stay on the PS3, either. I'll be thrilled as long as this game comes out and ends up being absolutely phenomenal.

Yeah, but that's only because they're all coming out in 2013, and some are just remasters. The chances of Versus XIII coming out in 2013 are slim to none, PS4 or not.

Yes, I expect 2.5 HD and maybe XII HD to be released next year, but that doesn't mean that they'll support a mainline title after the PS4's release. They want to gain their fans' trust back. They want to make sure the game succeeds. If the game is being co-funded by Sony, and it's not a launch release, it can be a huge success, which is why I can see it being a PS4 title.

And about Nomura: the thing is that this project is super ambitious. They want it to do well. If they don't release it as a launch title and it's co-funded/developed by Sony, that can be an extremely smart move. And it'll be an exclusive title. It'll just have transitioned from the PS3 to PS4. I don't see anything breaking Nomura's exclusivity rule.

Yes, I agree. And again, Zeal didn't even come up with this stuff. He got some stuff from Verendus and then made **** up for some fame. And the fact of the matter is that VGLeaks didn't get their info from Zeal, no matter what he claims. He claims that Versus XIII is now "XVersus," while VGLeaks states that it is now "Final Fantasy XV." Zeal also never mentioned it now being co-funded/developed by Sony. He's a troll, and not a good one, at that.

Well, the 2011 trailer was an old build. And we don't know when stuff was scrapped (if it was). We don't know the details of the development. Personally, though, the scenario I have stated time and time again seems realistic and potentially very smart.
---
#84Ikaru_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 4:18:41 PM
Dude ^
Don't even waste your time arguing with Vunks,
Most of the responses are starting to sound Kinda immature leading towards the trolish path
with that being said,you are too gullible and cant seem to understand that your falling,over and over for his semi-disguised trolish remarks.

Let's start thinking about games that have gone this route before.
I know for sure metal gear solid 4 was exclusive to the ps3 and sony probably paid them more than
what they made in sells. Same thing happen to GTA4 "exclusive" content being paid by Microsoft.

the idea of a big company funding a third party game to sell consoles it's indeed a fact.
#85theofficefan99Posted 4/18/2013 4:23:01 PM(edited)
Ikaru_ posted...
Dude ^
Don't even waste your time arguing with Vunks,
Most of the responses are starting to sound Kinda immature leading towards the trolish path
with that being said,you are too gullible and cant seem to understand that your falling,over and over for his semi-disguised trolish remarks.

Let's start thinking about games that have gone this route before.
I know for sure metal gear solid 4 was exclusive to the ps3 and sony probably paid them more than
what they made in sells. Same thing happen to GTA4 "exclusive" content being paid by Microsoft.

the idea of a big company funding a third party game to sell consoles it's indeed a fact.

I don't think he's trolling. He's just being a douche. I don't care, either way. This whole thing started because he has a problem with people who just think that the transition is likely. I don't like to come on here to argue, either, so whatever. If his next response is too douchey, I won't respond.

Yeah, like I said, I think it's very possible and it could be quite the smart move by SE and Sony, and it'll also make a whole lot of sense, IMO. Though, like I said, both sides have great arguments. I don't know what to expect at E3, or whenever this game is re-re-revealed.
---
#86Ikaru_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 10:04:09 AM
Rise from yer grave!
#87nfobiaPosted 4/26/2013 5:29:31 AM
I'd like to see Nomura during Sony conference, talking about Versus and showing really cool trailer. During the end of trailer there would be Verus logo with majestic background FF theme music and then out of nowhere the word: "Cancelled". People's reaction would be worth to see.