What could the sensitive info possibly be????

#1Fairy_WalnutPosted 4/19/2013 12:18:11 PM
The situation that has been holding up Versus info release for over a year. It can't be the PS4 because that has been announced. Could it be they are waiting on the new Xbox to be announced so they can announce it for both systems? I can't think of any other situation apart from the usual waiting for FF 13-3 and FF 14 ARR to be released first.
#2GuitaristMattPosted 4/19/2013 12:29:15 PM
2 years ago we had a funny theory that Wada and a gun and he was hiding in an alley near Nomura's interviews. I need to try to find that topic, it was hilarious.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/cheesystuff.png
i5-3250 GT640m 2GB DDR3 4GB HDD 500GB
#3FFT-FanPosted 4/19/2013 12:57:27 PM
I was thinking the same thing, Based on rumored specs for the Xbox 720 it will have similar specs to the PS4, and it might not be difficult for SE to make the game work on both consoles. At least not like PS3/360. Maybe Nomura was ordered to make the game for PS4 and Xbox 720, and has to wait for the xbox 720 reveal. It seems like they're going to rely heavily rely on versus to help cover their losses and may try to further increase sales by going multiplatform. If it's still planned for PS3, why not release occasionally release screenshots so fans would at least know it hasn't been cancelled(rather then a very long silence). Even random views of the game world would have been great. I would love to see around Noctis' palace, his city, random monsters, etc.
#4joshakasupaPosted 4/19/2013 2:09:13 PM
i posted something similar yesterday ^^
but i think it's def possible, it would for sure help regain some of the money used making the game
#5Eddie___DeanPosted 4/19/2013 2:22:53 PM
That is possible, I hadn't thought of that yet. If that is the case though- I say they STILL could've given updates on it and shown screenshots at least. A lot of XBOX 720 games have already been shown- for instance we're pretty sure Watch Dogs will be on 720, and they've shown it a lot but just haven't said that it will be on 720 yet since the system hasnt been announced yet.

Just because its on an unannounced system doesnt mean you cant talk about it, but who knows what SE is thinking these days.
#6Eddie___DeanPosted 4/19/2013 2:25:51 PM
I think my money is more on the fact that the game has been completely overhauled and will look dramatically different from what we've seen 2+ years ago. Thats the only thing I can think of to justify such a long media blackout.
#7TaticalWarriorPosted 4/19/2013 3:16:25 PM
Maybe due to Wada's politics, SE had a focus on gathering budget with small games, hence why XIII was expanded, with an already done engine.
They may have been out of money to build Versus, and it was halted to wait for XIV and LR. Now that Wada is gone, LR is almost done, and XIV is close to release, maybe the project finally got green light to happen.
---
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
http://tinyurl.com/3r6wb4u
#8GuitaristMattPosted 4/19/2013 4:07:35 PM
FFT-Fan posted...
Maybe Nomura was ordered to make the game for PS4 and Xbox 720, and has to wait for the xbox 720 reveal. It seems like they're going to rely heavily rely on versus to help cover their losses and may try to further increase sales by going multiplatform

That's actually incredibly plausible, but I think Microsoft was surprised by the PS4 after they said "we will continue PS3 support until at least 2014" so I think they are scrambling to put it together and won't have a good starting lineup.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/cheesystuff.png
i5-3250 GT640m 2GB DDR3 4GB HDD 500GB
#9Fairy_Walnut(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 5:23:04 PM
TaticalWarrior posted...
Maybe due to Wada's politics, SE had a focus on gathering budget with small games, hence why XIII was expanded, with an already done engine.
They may have been out of money to build Versus, and it was halted to wait for XIV and LR. Now that Wada is gone, LR is almost done, and XIV is close to release, maybe the project finally got green light to happen.

You just gave me a thought, maybe it is because Wada will be gone at the end of June and the new guy has told Nomura the ban will be over then. The ban could have been Wada's policy on not talking about this game to overshadow the others about to be released.
#10ExtremeLightPosted 4/19/2013 5:28:07 PM
Fairy_Walnut posted...
The situation that has been holding up Versus info release for over a year. It can't be the PS4 because that has been announced. Could it be they are waiting on the new Xbox to be announced so they can announce it for both systems? I can't think of any other situation apart from the usual waiting for FF 13-3 and FF 14 ARR to be released first.

Starting especially with 13 they have been going multiplatform for each major FF titles. It might upset those people who like prefer FF remain PS exclusive. A next-gen release on BOTH consoles would allow Versus to close the sales they would had earn if they remained on PS3 which of course would build up and eventually gain more sales than on PS3 because of the "new life of PS4".
I like this saying:
If they are doing it for the fans, they would do it for PS4. If they are doing it for the money they would do it for PS3.
---
Coming 2014 calling it I'll be reverend on the internet by my predictions. Haters can doubt all they want but they can't deny that Versus' arrival is imminent.