What could the sensitive info possibly be????

#21Fairy_Walnut(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 7:55:45 PM
They had to announce Versus because they were introducing the series. They never should have done another MMO this gen. They had the extra packs for FF XI. This game would have been out by now and maybe Type-0 too.
#22zombie_basher13Posted 4/19/2013 8:40:58 PM
Fairy_Walnut posted...
They had to announce Versus because they were introducing the series. They never should have done another MMO this gen. They had the extra packs for FF XI. This game would have been out by now and maybe Type-0 too.

On the plus side, after this disaster XIV caused, I think it's very possible they'll never make an FF MMO again. Even Yoichi Wada admitted the standard MMO model is fading out or not working for them or something like that, and in the future they'll look back at what XIV did and be like...let's not go through that again. And I think since Matsuda will review the company completely, he'll look at the damage XIV did and say Never again. At least, I hope so. Hate FF MMOs.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#23Fairy_Walnut(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 8:55:28 PM
zombie_basher13 posted...
Fairy_Walnut posted...

On the plus side, after this disaster XIV caused, I think it's very possible they'll never make an FF MMO again. Even Yoichi Wada admitted the standard MMO model is fading out or not working for them or something like that, and in the future they'll look back at what XIV did and be like...let's not go through that again. And I think since Matsuda will review the company completely, he'll look at the damage XIV did and say Never again. At least, I hope so. Hate FF MMOs.

Still, I hope the new FF 14 does very well. It does look very cool and I might even try it but your right there is no need for them to ever do another mmo again. This one should last about a decade too.
#24ZendaikPosted 4/20/2013 12:13:32 AM
I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the next Xbox.

It's probably for one of two reasons:

1. The game moved to PS4 and they couldn't talk about it yet.

2. Issues with the development.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#25PillsberyDoeManPosted 4/20/2013 2:21:51 AM
Fairy_Walnut posted...
Still, I hope the new FF 14 does very well. It does look very cool and I might even try it but your right there is no need for them to ever do another mmo again. This one should last about a decade too.

i haven't read the previous posts, but i'm gonna jump in here. if ff14 somehow becomes profitable in the coming months/years, that'll be more than enough reason for se to develop and release another mmo.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#26peach_pwnzPosted 4/20/2013 4:27:18 AM
Who cares what the fans think, I'm a fan and I don't care. Whether or not it is exclusive for PS4 or Multiplatform 'fans' will buy it. It makes perfect sense to release it multi platform. It's good for business and they'll make a lot more money that way. It is a terrible idea, business-wise, to release it exclusively to a single console.
#27Fairy_Walnut(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 6:18:45 AM
peach_pwnz posted...
Who cares what the fans think, I'm a fan and I don't care. Whether or not it is exclusive for PS4 or Multiplatform 'fans' will buy it. It makes perfect sense to release it multi platform. It's good for business and they'll make a lot more money that way. It is a terrible idea, business-wise, to release it exclusively to a single console.

I don't have a problem with the new Xbox having it but if the 360 does then I'm very worried this game will be edited down to death like FF 13.

The PS4 was already announced so it makes no sense as to that being the factor. I just hope to god we get an update soon.
#28Uchiha_HaiPosted 4/20/2013 8:59:04 AM
I'm hoping they moved it to the PS4.

PS3 is too weak mang.
#29Pier_from_ItalyPosted 4/21/2013 6:08:53 AM
For the sensitive info, basic knowledge of onne/tatemae (we're talking of a JPN company...) points toward internal debate, perhaps related to the unseating of Wada, but at-large, I agree with the lost sabre that "Better way is to not make any announcement about any project until it's halfway done or nearing completion, then it's okay to announce the project to the public." that the thing works even for an highly-watched company as SE is. that the HD remastering of FFX will actually came out was already a surprise, but that SE manages to surprise everyone with the unexpected pendant of FFX-2 HD IS something, unquestionably.

SE is a company *really* sensitive on budget issues, every FF fan known why our favorite franchise is named "Final"; so after the XIII fiasco, whose is rooted in a string of management, development and marketing blunders, related to the decision of dev it also for the X360 is obvious that some damage-control was needed; one is putting more nearby the going gold point the formal announcement and the start of the marketing work. we have seen this in the long tale of FFX HD, whose is definitively a major success. recouping the XIII's fiasco with XIII-2 in which practically every major critique was addresses, is a minor success; now, another method of keeping pressures out the dev process is the use of internal codenames. Hence the debate "Versus XIII is to be renamed XV ?" whose can be also declined in "Versus XIII is actually the codename for XV ?" whose I don't hide is my preferred hypothesis.

Also, after the XIII's fiasco and related financial woes. I'm sure that much more caution is used in handling the next-gen transition; so, my guess is that if Versus ends being XV, will be for PS3 (not that precludes a PS4 release, anyway) and the PS4/next gen release being actually numbered XVI.

Hope that my contribution helps towards a constructive debate, and

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.
#30NewGuy1887Posted 4/21/2013 12:29:20 PM
Pier_from_Italy posted...
For the sensitive info, basic knowledge of onne/tatemae (we're talking of a JPN company...) points toward internal debate, perhaps related to the unseating of Wada, but at-large, I agree with the lost sabre that "Better way is to not make any announcement about any project until it's halfway done or nearing completion, then it's okay to announce the project to the public." that the thing works even for an highly-watched company as SE is. that the HD remastering of FFX will actually came out was already a surprise, but that SE manages to surprise everyone with the unexpected pendant of FFX-2 HD IS something, unquestionably.

SE is a company *really* sensitive on budget issues, every FF fan known why our favorite franchise is named "Final"; so after the XIII fiasco, whose is rooted in a string of management, development and marketing blunders, related to the decision of dev it also for the X360 is obvious that some damage-control was needed; one is putting more nearby the going gold point the formal announcement and the start of the marketing work. we have seen this in the long tale of FFX HD, whose is definitively a major success. recouping the XIII's fiasco with XIII-2 in which practically every major critique was addresses, is a minor success; now, another method of keeping pressures out the dev process is the use of internal codenames. Hence the debate "Versus XIII is to be renamed XV ?" whose can be also declined in "Versus XIII is actually the codename for XV ?" whose I don't hide is my preferred hypothesis.

Also, after the XIII's fiasco and related financial woes. I'm sure that much more caution is used in handling the next-gen transition; so, my guess is that if Versus ends being XV, will be for PS3 (not that precludes a PS4 release, anyway) and the PS4/next gen release being actually numbered XVI.

Hope that my contribution helps towards a constructive debate, and

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

Versus XIII being XV and working on XVI is very unlikely. don't forget XIV ARR also crippled their current developments. Versus uses story from the FNC series, it uses soe enemy designs from XIII and it is an action RPG without time or gauge combat, it is unlikely they would change it to be XV as they would be changing the gameplay and the story, all the would be left then is graphics and some story details and characters, and the graphics were designed for the PS3 and not PS4 quality so that is still a lot of work. at the ps4 reveal SE said they had a new FF in development for PS4 they would show at E3, as it is new that means it's not Versus and it's not Versus changed to XV, so it must be XV or a spin off kind of title for ps4.

the idea Versus is XV now is unlikely, the leak from VGLeaks gave no source and SE have stated Versus is still in development and referred to it as Versus. it's likely someone made up the Versus becoming XV rumor for VGLeaks just because of the Roen mistake which makes it sound believable to people who believe rumors that come with no source (which there have been many of for Versus, and they always are proven wrong, the internet is full of liars who like attention and sites that only care about getting visitors).

At this point if there is internal debate about Versus it would probably be less about people like Wada and more about its budget and when it will release i think. XIV certainly damaged the company and all of Final Fantasy as well as holding up games in development, so Versus development and when it will release is very sensitive as the franchise is in desperate need of a title that will win back the many fans lost with XIII and XIV.
---
Polish, 22, i lift weights, i shoot guns, i play Final Fantasy