Is it possible...

#1AshleyRiot223Posted 4/19/2013 1:10:09 PM
that SQ EX , if developing this game for PS4 ofcourse ,would have gotten the devkit for PS4 long enough to deliver a decent next-gen game?
From the news i read third party developers got their hands on it by the end of 2011.
Is this the time required, 1 year and a half, to develop a triple AAA title with the next-gen Playstation?
---
Should you meet them, repent, Ashley, repent!
#2FFT-FanPosted 4/19/2013 1:52:10 PM
I really hope this is what they're doing, it won't really be nearly as relevant on PS3 and it has potential as a system seller for PS4. I might get a PS4 and it possibly being moved to PS4 with Sony helping would be the best way to get me to buy it. If they give us a versus PS4 release date I will plan to buy a PS4 in time for it. I would be surprised if it does come out this year, I think 2014 is possibly more likely if they've had the PS4 dev kit since 2011. At the very latest Q1 2015. 1 and a half years would be very short unless it's a pretty small game like Lightning returns, unless Sony is helping. Nomura's team has also had to deal with helping with XIII-2 and maybe LR
#3SoulMikeYPosted 4/19/2013 4:20:55 PM
FFT-Fan posted...
I really hope this is what they're doing, it won't really be nearly as relevant on PS3 and it has potential as a system seller for PS4. I might get a PS4 and it possibly being moved to PS4 with Sony helping would be the best way to get me to buy it. If they give us a versus PS4 release date I will plan to buy a PS4 in time for it. I would be surprised if it does come out this year, I think 2014 is possibly more likely if they've had the PS4 dev kit since 2011. At the very latest Q1 2015. 1 and a half years would be very short unless it's a pretty small game like Lightning returns, unless Sony is helping. Nomura's team has also had to deal with helping with XIII-2 and maybe LR

This game will not do well on ps4. Ps4 won't even gain relevancy till 2015. Especially since it probably won't even be out til 2014 q1 at the earliest.
#4irishonionPosted 4/19/2013 4:37:40 PM
May not even be released until 2015. Never know with this thing any more.
#5NewGuy1887Posted 4/19/2013 5:08:20 PM
FFT-Fan posted...

i respect that view but personally i hope for the opposite. this is the point in the ps3's life where it will hve the most users, meaning it can make the biggest amount of sales and see much more success. i hope Square Enix realize they are in a position where they should focus on their sales, and not Sony's hardware sales, besides Sony wil do well with the PS4 anyway.

we do not know the truth of just how the team has operated and how many staff they need at one time to develop Versus. the design has been happening for many years but the time consuming part is things like developing all of the graphics, so we will have to wait and see what they have to say about its development but i do think 2014 is very likely, simply because it is already the prime opportunity for ps3 release, later would not be a good idea unless it is ps4. we know there is a reason for the info ban, that reason is probably to do with another game holding everything up like XIV, though it could be Sony's announcement of ps4.

it could go either way but i hope for ps3 because
a) we have waited long enough
b) it would see more success, more sales are possible on system with more users (i will have a ps4 when it comes out but i still want ps3 because i want it to have more success)
c) development focus would be on quality of the game using the hardware they know very well now and would not be slowed down by focus on higher quality graphics and porting all of their work up until 2011/2012 to new hardware
d) we were told it was ps3 and many of us bought ps3s for it, like XIV i think they should honor that

on ps4 there would be much less people to purchase it, i want this game to get good sales so they make money back on it and realize this is the kind of game we want from them.
---
Polish, 22, i lift weights, i shoot guns, i play Final Fantasy
#6ExtremeLightPosted 4/19/2013 5:16:40 PM
AshleyRiot223 posted...
that SQ EX , if developing this game for PS4 ofcourse ,would have gotten the devkit for PS4 long enough to deliver a decent next-gen game?
From the news i read third party developers got their hands on it by the end of 2011.
Is this the time required, 1 year and a half, to develop a triple AAA title with the next-gen Playstation?

I would like to note that Versus entered full development in 2011 before it was even on a console... just saying.

And the only negative is that it won't have a decent fanbase it would have if it was one PS3. It may be possible that a move to PS4 may mean for stuffs for Versus.
---
Coming 2014 calling it I'll be reverend on the internet by my predictions. Haters can doubt all they want but they can't deny that Versus' arrival is imminent.
#7Fairy_WalnutPosted 4/19/2013 5:25:38 PM
It would be on both. There is no way they would deny this PS3 fanbase. Look at Japan, they could get over 4.5 million sales just there if this game is great. FF 13 sold almost half of the PS3 buyers so this could do the same over there. PS3 has not been maxed out yet and this game could come close to doing that.
#8ExtremeLightPosted 4/19/2013 5:31:46 PM
Fairy_Walnut posted...
It would be on both. There is no way they would deny this PS3 fanbase. Look at Japan, they could get over 4.5 million sales just there if this game is great. FF 13 sold almost half of the PS3 buyers so this could do the same over there. PS3 has not been maxed out yet and this game could come close to doing that.

Actually PS3 is being max out as we speak. Versus would have done this earlier but already games are reaching the full potential of the PS3. Versus is just a little late to the party. But a dual release would also be interesting. Whether or not the game is worsen from PS3 to PS4 remain to be seen. AC4 and BF4 look to do this. I suspect that CoD would do the same ( they are a little late this time around...) GTA5 may have hidden plans as well.
---
Coming 2014 calling it I'll be reverend on the internet by my predictions. Haters can doubt all they want but they can't deny that Versus' arrival is imminent.
#9Asd202Posted 4/20/2013 5:09:16 AM(edited)
If SE was really planing to release this game late this year or early next year they should go for cross-gen like every smart company would do but they won't release Versus so soon and it won't be a cross gen title :P.
I personally think that Versus high sales ship sailed long ago if the game was released around the time FF 13-2 came out and instead of that game it could reach FF 13 numbers right now I'm confident that no future FF title will be able reach that sales number ever again.
#10NewGuy1887Posted 4/20/2013 6:35:42 AM
Asd202 posted...
If SE was really planing to release this game late this year or early next year they should go for cross-gen like every smart company would do but they won't release Versus so soon and it won't be a cross gen title :P.
I personally think that Versus high sales ship sailed long ago if the game was released around the time FF 13-2 came out and instead of that game it could reach FF 13 numbers right now I'm confident that no future FF title will be able reach that sales number ever again.

i do not think this year also, it is too soon, but instead of cross-gen i would like ps3 first, then a year or so down the line Final Fantasy Versus XIII International Edition for ps4, like a director's cut with all the DLC and some tweaks. but maybe i am getting ahead of myself and should worry about when it will actually release first!
---
Polish, 22, i lift weights, i shoot guns, i play Final Fantasy