Is it possible...

#11Lelouch71Posted 4/20/2013 11:14:02 AM(edited)
SoulMikeY posted...
<This game will not do well on ps4. Ps4 won't even gain relevancy till 2015. Especially since it probably won't even be out til 2014 q1 at the earliest.

I agree except with the last part. The PS4 will be out this fall just in time for Christmas. That already been stated at the PS4 conference.

Nomura team had no hand in FFXIII-2 and most likely LR. The only thing Nomura did is help design some characters. Other than his main focus has been on KH3D and now the HD enhanced ports of the previous KH games when he's not working on Versus. He's also helping with FFX HD.

Anyway it wouldn't do that well on the PS4 at least within the first year or two. The economy isn't too friendly like it was with the PS2 or even during the PS3's launch. Outside of early adopters and tech geeks the vast majority won't start jumping on board until probably 2016-2017ish when the system is cheaper and the games library pick up.

Given how SE is struggling right now I doubt they want to risk making Versus exclusively for the PS4. HD games themselves aren't exactly cheap. Take Tomb Raider for instance. It sold 3 million copies which sounds good to us. However, to them it underperformed. Thus, they were disappointed. Unless I'm giving them too much credit, I doubt they are that stupid and suicidal to make it PS4 exclusive.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#12zombie_basher13Posted 4/20/2013 12:59:45 PM
I'm glad there's still a few people who have some sense about this stupid PS4 exclusive business.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#13theofficefan99Posted 4/20/2013 1:12:13 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
SoulMikeY posted...
<This game will not do well on ps4. Ps4 won't even gain relevancy till 2015. Especially since it probably won't even be out til 2014 q1 at the earliest.

I agree except with the last part. The PS4 will be out this fall just in time for Christmas. That already been stated at the PS4 conference.

Nomura team had no hand in FFXIII-2 and most likely LR. The only thing Nomura did is help design some characters. Other than his main focus has been on KH3D and now the HD enhanced ports of the previous KH games when he's not working on Versus. He's also helping with FFX HD.

Anyway it wouldn't do that well on the PS4 at least within the first year or two. The economy isn't too friendly like it was with the PS2 or even during the PS3's launch. Outside of early adopters and tech geeks the vast majority won't start jumping on board until probably 2016-2017ish when the system is cheaper and the games library pick up.

Given how SE is struggling right now I doubt they want to risk making Versus exclusively for the PS4. HD games themselves aren't exactly cheap. Take Tomb Raider for instance. It sold 3 million copies which sounds good to us. However, to them it underperformed. Thus, they were disappointed. Unless I'm giving them too much credit, I doubt they are that stupid and suicidal to make it PS4 exclusive.

Well part of the rumor is that Sony is funding/co-developing, which can be a huge help. And we don't know when Versus XIII is coming out. If it comes out in 2014/2015, the install base will be reasonable, and the game will be a system seller, anyways.

Personally, I can see things going either way.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin