How many people here bought their PS3 largely on the promise of Versus XIII?

#11Kouuta-KunPosted 4/20/2013 3:33:55 PM
Versus was but only one of the many reasons I purchased a PS3.
---
"...Once again, this isn't alcohol. Are you a pack of imbeciles?"
#12qwertyMrJINXPosted 4/20/2013 3:43:40 PM
No, I bought a PS3 for Monster Hunter. Capcom really trolled me on that one. :/

Still, I wouldn't like it at all if Versus moved to PS4.
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros
#13Cyber_Boy94Posted 4/20/2013 4:24:33 PM
I didn't. I got a PS3 because of Console loyalty, which I've practically gotten rid of now.

Yeah, I wanted Versus, but it was never my primary reason for owning a PS3, so I'm ok with it jumping to the next gen (if it does), mainly cause I'll be getting a PS4 as well, so it won't really affect me too much.
---
PSN=Cyber_Boy94
Support Project Crystallis http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/project-crystallis.html
#14Uchiha_HaiPosted 4/20/2013 8:18:06 PM
Don't care what system it's on, just release it.

Although I'd refer it to be on the PS4.
#15ZeroCalsPosted 4/20/2013 8:35:18 PM
I remember Nomura saying he wanted to use the PS3's specs to the fullest... or something along those lines. So, depending on when this game is released on the PS4 (IF that is the case), I highly doubt that Nomura, and his team, could fully utilize the PS4 to give us some end-all be-all game when they got the PS4 dev kits back in 2011 (if I'm not mistaken). Being able to put out some masterpiece in that time-frame just doesn't seem realistic.

Also, Versus was one of the games that swayed my console-purchasing decision. So, if this game is shifts/shifted to the PS4, I'd feel a bit cheated by SE. Especially since I don't plan on buying a PS4 at launch... if at all.
---
Official Wisest Person on the Final Fantasy Versus XIII Board
#16Uchiha_HaiPosted 4/20/2013 9:52:43 PM
ZeroCals posted...
I remember Nomura saying he wanted to use the PS3's specs to the fullest... or something along those lines. So, depending on when this game is released on the PS4 (IF that is the case), I highly doubt that Nomura, and his team, could fully utilize the PS4 to give us some end-all be-all game when they got the PS4 dev kits back in 2011 (if I'm not mistaken). Being able to put out some masterpiece in that time-frame just doesn't seem realistic.

Also, Versus was one of the games that swayed my console-purchasing decision. So, if this game is shifts/shifted to the PS4, I'd feel a bit cheated by SE. Especially since I don't plan on buying a PS4 at launch... if at all.

Guess you're not playing it then.
#17IshramTheWrathPosted 4/20/2013 10:03:51 PM
I will likely never get to play Versus if it releases for PS4, since I have no interest in getting a PS4. The only "selling points" I've seen regarding the PS4 are increased RAM, more internet/digital bull****, and maybe some sort of touch panel controller. RAM is good, but **** touch panels and internet connectivity. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I remember buying games and playing them without DLC, DRM, patches, fixes, and other assorted lunacy. So, yes I will be very upset if Versus moves to PS4. 7+ years of waiting for nothing = one hell of a good insult.
---
Toriyama Motomu is the Uwe Boll of video games.
#18theofficefan99Posted 4/20/2013 10:18:14 PM
IshramTheWrath posted...
I will likely never get to play Versus if it releases for PS4, since I have no interest in getting a PS4. The only "selling points" I've seen regarding the PS4 are increased RAM, more internet/digital bull****, and maybe some sort of touch panel controller. RAM is good, but **** touch panels and internet connectivity. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I remember buying games and playing them without DLC, DRM, patches, fixes, and other assorted lunacy. So, yes I will be very upset if Versus moves to PS4. 7+ years of waiting for nothing = one hell of a good insult.

That's funny because all of those things you're associating with the PS4 are already present with the PS3.

I dunno. I think the best course of action would be for Versus XIII to move to the PS4. It's way too late for a PS3 release at this point. If it's not a launch title, and it's funded by Sony, then it won't really be a risk to sell it as a PS4 exclusive, as there'll be a massive advertising campaign for it, and it'll be a huge system seller.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#19IshramTheWrathPosted 4/20/2013 10:47:37 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
IshramTheWrath posted...
The only "selling points" I've seen regarding the PS4 are increased RAM, more internet/digital bull****, and maybe some sort of touch panel controller. RAM is good, but **** touch panels and internet connectivity. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I remember buying games and playing them without DLC, DRM, patches, fixes, and other assorted lunacy. So, yes I will be very upset if Versus moves to PS4. 7+ years of waiting for nothing = one hell of a good insult.

That's funny because all of those things you're associating with the PS4 are already present with the PS3.

Exactly, and Sony is bragging about making the things I hate a cornerstone of the new system. If they can't make a system appealing without connecting it to their network, I don't want it. I bit the proverbial bullet with the PS3. Never again.
---
Toriyama Motomu is the Uwe Boll of video games.
#20theofficefan99Posted 4/20/2013 10:55:32 PM
IshramTheWrath posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
IshramTheWrath posted...
The only "selling points" I've seen regarding the PS4 are increased RAM, more internet/digital bull****, and maybe some sort of touch panel controller. RAM is good, but **** touch panels and internet connectivity. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I remember buying games and playing them without DLC, DRM, patches, fixes, and other assorted lunacy. So, yes I will be very upset if Versus moves to PS4. 7+ years of waiting for nothing = one hell of a good insult.

Exactly, and Sony is bragging about making the things I hate a cornerstone of the new system. If they can't make a system appealing without connecting it to their network, I don't want it. I bit the proverbial bullet with the PS3. Never again.

Well those "features" you mentioned are unfortunately just part of gaming in general now.

And just wait. As long as the games are good, the system is worth owning. And I'm willing to bet if there's 5 or so games you're very interested in that are exclusive to the PS4, you'll go ahead and buy it.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin