LOOK Mom! NO HANDS!!!

#21NewGuy1887Posted 4/21/2013 1:14:41 PM
what was wrong with XIII-2 Lightning? i liked her more in XIII-2, it helped that she had less screen time as i don't really like her but her battle early on and her DLC was cool, i thought
---
Polish, 22, i lift weights, i shoot guns, i play Final Fantasy
#22AshleyRiot223Posted 4/21/2013 3:12:07 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
GuitaristMatt posted...
Maybe he has one of those gravity things that Final Fantasy XIII completely forgot about after the first 10 minutes.

It wasn't forgotten, Sazh kind of messed it up. Though they were able to use it again in Eden.

After completely forgotten about it for like the whole frickin game.
---
Should you meet them, repent, Ashley, repent!
#23seafoamwinterPosted 4/21/2013 7:43:08 PM
ALL DAT ASS IN THOSE JEANS
---
You don't get enough credit
#24theofficefan99Posted 4/21/2013 9:57:41 PM
NewGuy1887 posted...
what was wrong with XIII-2 Lightning? i liked her more in XIII-2, it helped that she had less screen time as i don't really like her but her battle early on and her DLC was cool, i thought

Because she didn't even have a personality. All she did was spew out laughably corny monologues that failed at trying to sound poetic. And whenever she wasn't spewing out corny lines/monologues, she was just doing AC-esque flips and whatnot. They really ruined her character.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#25theofficefan99Posted 4/21/2013 9:58:26 PM
AshleyRiot223 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
GuitaristMatt posted...
Maybe he has one of those gravity things that Final Fantasy XIII completely forgot about after the first 10 minutes.

It wasn't forgotten, Sazh kind of messed it up. Though they were able to use it again in Eden.

It wasn't needed. And clearly it wasn't forgotten, as it was used again in Chapter 12. Stop nitpicking on something so insignificant.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#26PillsberyDoeManPosted 4/21/2013 11:40:56 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
AshleyRiot223 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
GuitaristMatt posted...

It wasn't needed. And clearly it wasn't forgotten, as it was used again in Chapter 12. Stop nitpicking on something so insignificant.

you guys should watch spoony's review on ff13.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#27theofficefan99Posted 4/21/2013 11:50:42 PM
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
AshleyRiot223 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
GuitaristMatt posted...

you guys should watch spoony's review on ff13.

I shouldn't. I heard it's terrible.
---
#28PillsberyDoeManPosted 4/22/2013 12:25:45 AM
WHAT!?
all hail spoony!
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#29IcyFlamez96Posted 4/22/2013 6:34:26 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
NewGuy1887 posted...

Because she didn't even have a personality. All she did was spew out laughably corny monologues that failed at trying to sound poetic. And whenever she wasn't spewing out corny lines/monologues, she was just doing AC-esque flips and whatnot. They really ruined her character.

This.

And people thought FFXIII Lighting had no personality.... Heh
#30NewGuy1887Posted 4/22/2013 6:51:11 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
NewGuy1887 posted...

but in XIII she had a terrible personality, so having no personality would be a step up. it seems a part of her development anyway, she's transcended being a l'Cie and is something more, which will lead to her being more philosophical. i don't get how the flips ruined her but that is probably because i do not remember XIII-2 so well. i never liked her anyway, so i was glad to see much less of her and for what we saw to at least be more interesting. i know AC ruined Cloud because he was likable in FFVII, but Lightning was never likable, she was always monotonous and a bore so i think it would be hard to ruin a bad character.
---
Polish, 22, i lift weights, i shoot guns, i play Final Fantasy