BOOM! Just a rumor, but it seems a strong one

#1Remiel89Posted 4/22/2013 4:34:48 AM
http://www.gameblog.fr/news/35171-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-sortira-sur-ps4-et-ps3

It says:
-E3 reveal
-PS3 and PS4; cross gen
-Sony paid
#2Asd202Posted 4/22/2013 4:54:29 AM
Another rumor? Wonder when it will stop lol :P.
#3KaibatenPosted 4/22/2013 5:15:36 AM
Never trust the French.
#4Rose_of_MayPosted 4/22/2013 5:21:25 AM
Sounds like an extension of that VGLeaks rumor. Believability =10%
#5abnergoinbigPosted 4/22/2013 5:31:15 AM
Here is the translation, guys.

http://projectcrystallis.org/rumor-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-coming-to-ps3-and-ps4/
#6nfobiaPosted 4/22/2013 7:12:10 AM
This is no rumor. Why would they NOT release it on both consoles when PS4 is coming soon? Many new games are doing that, Dark Souls 2, Diablo 3 and some other I cant remember right now.
#7Graham_ChapmanPosted 4/22/2013 7:28:34 AM
nfobia posted...
This is no rumor. Why would they NOT release it on both consoles when PS4 is coming soon? Many new games are doing that, Dark Souls 2, Diablo 3 and some other I cant remember right now.

Doesn't explain/justify/back up your initial assertion that it's "no rumor", tough.
---
I'M IN DESPAIR!!! THE SEVEN YEARS FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII HAS BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT HAVE LEFT ME IN DESPAIR!!!
#8ThamauturgePosted 4/22/2013 7:31:10 AM

Dark Souls II is not doing that.
---
Official Wiegraf Folles of the FFXV board
Playing: SH2 HD, Dark Souls, Uncharted 2, Crisis Core: FF7, Ratchet Collection, REmake ------- PSN: Thamauturge
#9Jecths_FaythPosted 4/22/2013 8:08:09 AM
Meh.
---
The official Snow Villiers of the FFXV boards.
#10NewGuy1887Posted 4/22/2013 8:55:18 AM
nfobia posted...

only action games and shooters have been cross gen in the past. also those two games you mentioned: Dark Souls II is not coming to ps4 and Diablo III is coming to ps3 first, then eventually to ps4.

there are good reasons why they would not release on ps4 as well. the game is made for the ps3 so far, up until we last heard and saw it in 2011, the PS4 would require them probably to remake a lot of graphics for higher quality, the whole game would also be subject to two different sets of QA testing for both consoles, porting may not be so simple and cheap and it is a huge game compared to the usual shooters and action games that are released cross gen which would not help. they would be creating a lot more work for themselves, some of the staff working on things like graphics and QA would probably have their workload doubled. if Versus is very successful then maybe it could get an International or Final Mix rerelease and that could come to ps4 but like i said in the other thread, a huge RPG like this being cross gen, i'll believe it when i see it, especially when considering its cost and long time in development (FFXII spent 5 years in development with huge costs and came out close to the ps3, and it was still released only on ps2, as was its 2007 International Zodiac Job System edition).

this is just another rumor contradicting multiple other rumors, they are all bull ****, at best one could be proven right, but whose to say if even a right one would be anyting more than a guess paraded as a leak for attention or htis.
---
Polish, 22, i lift weights, i shoot guns, i play Final Fantasy