BOOM! Just a rumor, but it seems a strong one

#31theofficefan99Posted 4/22/2013 8:14:24 PM
Just 50 more days, just 50 more days!!!
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#32zombie_basher13Posted 4/22/2013 8:32:27 PM
theofficefan99 posted...

Just? that's still kind of a long time imo.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#33RasukouPosted 4/23/2013 4:46:26 AM
zombie_basher13 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

In comparison to the number of days people have been waiting for Versus to be released, a period of 50 days is nothing.
#34Rose_of_MayPosted 4/23/2013 5:28:11 AM
SoulMikeY posted...
NewGuy1887 posted...
nfobia posted...
This is no rumor. Why would they NOT release it on both consoles when PS4 is coming soon? Many new games are doing that, Dark Souls 2, Diablo 3 and some other I cant remember right now.

only action games and shooters have been cross gen in the past. also those two games you mentioned: Dark Souls II is not coming to ps4 and Diablo III is coming to ps3 first, then eventually to ps4.

there are good reasons why they would not release on ps4 as well. the game is made for the ps3 so far, up until we last heard and saw it in 2011, the PS4 would require them probably to remake a lot of graphics for higher quality, the whole game would also be subject to two different sets of QA testing for both consoles, porting may not be so simple and cheap and it is a huge game compared to the usual shooters and action games that are released cross gen which would not help. they would be creating a lot more work for themselves, some of the staff working on things like graphics and QA would probably have their workload doubled. if Versus is very successful then maybe it could get an International or Final Mix rerelease and that could come to ps4 but like i said in the other thread, a huge RPG like this being cross gen, i'll believe it when i see it, especially when considering its cost and long time in development (FFXII spent 5 years in development with huge costs and came out close to the ps3, and it was still released only on ps2, as was its 2007 International Zodiac Job System edition).

this is just another rumor contradicting multiple other rumors, they are all bull ****, at best one could be proven right, but whose to say if even a right one would be anyting more than a guess paraded as a leak for attention or htis.

You are one of the only smart people on this board. Now if only arylles and officefan would quit making crap up every time they post....

You do realize that Aryllies has said nothing of the game being moved to the PS4, right? From what he's told us it's still a PS3 game only, contrary to all of these rumors which seem to be echoing one another.
#35Darth_HavokPosted 4/23/2013 5:44:53 AM
In regards to Sony financially backing SQEX for Versus 13, people saying it's unlikely for a number of reasons - most of which make sense, but what if it's more like this:

- Both SQ & Sony have had better years financially.
- Sony is known to get exclusive things even on multi-platform games.
- They've been with SQEX for a while now. (since FF7?)
- Consider that VersusXIII is arguably SQEX's most anticipated (announced) release ever.
- If they were to release it on PS4/PS3 it would make a lot of money for both Sony and SQEX and if it was on PS4 (even as an exclusive) it would pretty much guarantee that some die-hard fans would buy the new console, even if only to play this game. (I'm not talking about kids who rely on their parents, allowances, or bday/xmas money to get their games/consoles, but rather consumers who will drop an entire paycheck on a console like they did with PS3.)

Imagine a PS4 Limited Edition Versus 13 console bundled with the game & a custom control or whatever. You're telling me that the fans who've been waiting for this game for 6 - 8 years or whatever wouldn't line up for it? Or order it from Japan? Just saying, I certainly wouldn't be surprised.

Microsoft is already upsetting fans with the Nextbox rumors and Nintendo's Wii-U is flopping 3rd party wise, so if Sony (who is already the most hyped next gen release by far) were to throw in some extra money to see this game come to life and that would certainly earn them exclusivity - then I think that would get them and SQEX right back where they'd both like to be,
---
The Official Maverick Hunter Zero of the MvC3 board!
PSN: Darth-Griever
#36shadowSEXilPosted 4/23/2013 8:14:06 AM
SoulMikeY posted...
You are one of the only smart people on this board. Now if only arylles and officefan would quit making crap up every time they post....

officefan has some of the most informed posts out of everyone here.
---
I eat cereal for breakfast with 1% milk.
#37Graham_ChapmanPosted 4/23/2013 10:35:21 AM
Rasukou posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

In comparison to the number of days people have been waiting for Versus to be released, a period of 50 days is nothing.

With an average of 265 days per year spread out over a time span of 7 years for a total of approximately 2555 + 1 or 2 days, 50 days is equal to roughly 2% of that time. In my opinion, that's still pretty long... But, as you said, nothing compared to the time that has already passed.
---
I'M IN DESPAIR!!! THE SEVEN YEARS FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII HAS BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT HAVE LEFT ME IN DESPAIR!!!
#38mrklarrydPosted 4/23/2013 10:56:13 AM
If Versus is going to be released at all (and it's a big if)

I'll buy the rest of this article.

To avoid a multiplat release, you need to make up the lost sales revenue somewhere. If you can keep a big chunk of sales by sticking with a big existing install base (PS3), while getting Sony to make up the difference because they want to use it in their marketing as a PS4 launch title...

This is sound enough business for everyone involved to make me think there's some smoke here.
#39RasukouPosted 4/23/2013 10:57:26 AM
Graham_Chapman posted...
Rasukou posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

With an average of 365 days per year spread out over a time span of 7 years for a total of approximately 2555 + 1 or 2 days, 50 days is equal to roughly 2% of that time. In my opinion, that's still pretty long... But, as you said, nothing compared to the time that has already passed.

2 is still a significant digit, so actually, I do agree with you, 2% is "still pretty long." Now all we need is a pep talk from peonus. Well, some of us do.
#40mrklarrydPosted 4/23/2013 10:58:52 AM
Thamauturge posted...
This is no rumor. Why would they NOT release it on both consoles when PS4 is coming soon? Many new games are doing that, Dark Souls 2, Diablo 3 and some other I cant remember right now.

Dark Souls II is not doing that.

Dark Souls isn't high enough profile to launch your system with it and make up what you lose with the smaller install base. It's not a system mover.

The Souls games have sold, what, 3 million?

The Final Fantasy ones have collectively sold thirty times that, and even it's worst seller in the post-PS1 era exceeded that number. That Dark Souls is better than any recent final fantasy is inconsequential in this particular instance.