FFDream confirm Gameblog rumor!

#21theofficefan99Posted 4/23/2013 6:41:12 PM
matt091282 posted...
If this does come out for both platforms, what will the differences be? I mean obviously graphic-wise, the PS4 will look a lot better (although I'm sure the PS3 version will still look fantastic), but I wonder what some of the other differences will be.

Maybe the only difference will be the resolution or something. Square Enix isn't the kind of company to release a game that has a superior version. Even with Echoes In Time, they made the Wii and DS versions look exactly the same. They didn't make the Wii version look better or anything.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#22theofficefan99Posted 4/23/2013 6:41:57 PM
paragonjm posted...
Lelouch71 posted...
So are these FFDream people legit and never gave bad information?

yes the are, I followed them for many years (since I speak in french) and FFworld too

Can you translate the article? Google Translate sucks.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#23matt091282Posted 4/23/2013 6:43:07 PM
Theoffcefan is a Versus for PS4 only follower!!
#24matt091282Posted 4/23/2013 6:44:09 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
matt091282 posted...
If this does come out for both platforms, what will the differences be? I mean obviously graphic-wise, the PS4 will look a lot better (although I'm sure the PS3 version will still look fantastic), but I wonder what some of the other differences will be.

Maybe the only difference will be the resolution or something. Square Enix isn't the kind of company to release a game that has a superior version. Even with Echoes In Time, they made the Wii and DS versions look exactly the same. They didn't make the Wii version look better or anything.

That's what I figured. It's still going to be a fantastic looking game anyway. I'm sure the effort they put into it will bring the PS3 to its limit (or close to it).
#25theofficefan99Posted 4/23/2013 7:07:39 PM
matt091282 posted...
Theoffcefan is a Versus for PS4 only follower!!

Not necessarily; I think it has a big chance of remaining on the PS3 as well. However, do I want it to go to the PS4? Yeah. It will not come out this year, and it'll probably come out Q2-Q4 2014, and by that time, a PS3-only release won't be too smart. If it's planning on releasing in Q3/Q4, I don't think SE would even bother with a PS3 version. If Sony is helping with funding, that makes it even less of a risk, and it'll be pretty successful.

We'll see, though. 49 days until E3.
---
#26theofficefan99Posted 4/23/2013 7:09:17 PM
matt091282 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
matt091282 posted...

That's what I figured. It's still going to be a fantastic looking game anyway. I'm sure the effort they put into it will bring the PS3 to its limit (or close to it).

If it is indeed a cross-gen title, I'll pick up the PS4 version. The PS3 version will most likely suffer from very long load times and horrible technical issues if they really achieved what they wanted to do with the game, which is also why I don't think it'll stay on the PS3... but there are too many potential factors since we basically don't know anything about this game. Like I said, let's just wait until E3. Only 49 days left.
---
#27matt091282Posted 4/23/2013 7:11:50 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
matt091282 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
matt091282 posted...

If it is indeed a cross-gen title, I'll pick up the PS4 version. The PS3 version will most likely suffer from very long load times and horrible technical issues if they really achieved what they wanted to do with the game, which is also why I don't think it'll stay on the PS3... but there are too many potential factors since we basically don't know anything about this game. Like I said, let's just wait until E3. Only 49 days left.

Indeed. That's a good point about the game not running as well on the PS3 because of it. It also wouldn't make sense for a PS3 release because didn't SONY say they were going to stop supporting the PS3 by 2014? If that's the case, then releasing it for a system they won't support anymore (despite the big userbase), doesn't make sense either.

Well, I think we'll be getting some answers fairly soon. It'll be nice once we at least know the details of that.
#28Exentryk(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 7:14:01 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
I really don't think so. It's late in the PS3's cycle and a cross gen title won't convince anyone to buy a PS4 for it. It won't be a system seller.

Square Enix don't sell PS4 consoles. So it doesn't matter if it is a system seller or not. As long as people on both consoles have access to the game, that's all SE care about.
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#29yeah_93Posted 4/23/2013 7:21:33 PM
Exentryk posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
I really don't think so. It's late in the PS3's cycle and a cross gen title won't convince anyone to buy a PS4 for it. It won't be a system seller.

Square Enix don't sell PS4 consoles. So it doesn't matter if it is a system seller or not. As long as people on both consoles have access to the game, that's all SE care about.

Well they have reason to care if the game is a system seller, considering the console would be new and not many people would have it. SE cares about sales, not that both consoles have access to the game.
#30Exentryk(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 7:27:52 PM
yeah_93 posted...
Well they have reason to care if the game is a system seller, considering the console would be new and not many people would have it. SE cares about sales, not that both consoles have access to the game.

So you're saying having the game on PS4 only would get SE more sales than having it on both PS3 and PS4? What?
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.