Will cross-gen release negatively affect the game's development?

#41RasukouPosted 4/26/2013 4:59:38 PM
Some good games coming out this year. I feel excited.
#42marko7Posted 4/27/2013 5:23:51 AM(edited)
theofficefan99 posted...
Wait, what? The only topic that got locked was the Zeal one. And I only bumped it because I was questioning him.

Yes you were 'questioning' him over and over with the same question by continuously quoting yourself. There is almost a whole page in that topic of just you re-quoting yourself. And if I recall correctly both topics surrounding all that nonsense got locked, not just one.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-versus-xiii/65993422

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-versus-xiii/65961268

This was in the past 10 or so days :p

I'll be honest, Stellas clothes isn't exactly a riveting topic to me and your other topic just died because you didn't keep the discussion going, like I suggested to you earlier instead of debating in these rumour topics.

The only times I've been the "epicenter" was with Vunks and Zeal.

Really? You're gonna sit here and tell me those are the only times you've been the centre of a heated debate on this board never mind the rest of gamefaqs? Please don't say silly things.

It started with people posting Zeal's and Verendus' rumors from NeoGAF. I never started those.

Maybe not, but you sure kept them alive.

I liked thinking about the game again. So every time a rumor popped up, I posted it to have discussions.

See, this was the problem. Im not the only one to have posted in those topics and told you how annoying and pointless it was to almost take over the board with this nonsense so don't pretend like you were never aware. If I remember correctly some of your topics even had talk of some ridiculous 'war' with GAF which is probably one of the most stupid things I've ever read. Not saying you were saying those things, but your topics were home to it.

I don't crave debates at all.
...but now we have so many rumors, and people picking sides, and people arguing over insufficient evidence, and it's just not fun anymore.

So you don't crave for debates but you're clearly one of those 'people' in your comment there. I've seen you recently being very quick to be quite firm with your stance on what platform you want Versus on and lets not get into you arguing over something like 'insufficient evidence', because theres a few topics about that already.

I'm not telling people off.

Um, yes you were : /

I'm just getting frustrated with all these rumors and arguments. I've been involved in arguments and sharing rumors that have been posted

Please tell me you see whats wrong with this statement here.

(though I did not start it, nor have I been the only one)

Sure, but how does that make things any better? Doesn't mean you have permission to tell other people not to do the same things you have.
---
Ruler of the FF Agito XIII Boards 2011-2013
The Official Creator of the Noctis Orgy on the FF Versus XIII Boards
#43theofficefan99Posted 4/27/2013 9:32:14 AM
"Yes yo...."

I thought my intentions with that were clear >.> I wanted him to answer those questions. But of course, I stopped that.

Oh, I know. I was just specifically talking about me. Only one topic from me got locked, and that's it.

"I'll be honest, Stellas clothes isn't exactly a riveting topic to me and your other topic just died because you didn't keep the discussion going, like I suggested to you earlier instead of debating in these rumour topics."

I know it's not lol. The point of that topic was just to see a few opinions. And I posted that Noctis quote one on multiple boards and no one seemed to bother so I just stopped :p

I'll be making topics if it comes to me about the old trailers, though, because I like those discussions. I just have to make it more interesting.

"Really? You're...."

Obviously I'm talking about this board and recently >.>

"Maybe not, but you sure kept them alive."

Of course. They were part of the rumors and stuff. I saw their posts on NeoGAF, and I wanted to inform GameFAQs, and then other rumors popped up, I, along with some others, kept others informed, and thus this whole rumor thing started. I kept it alive, but I'm not the only one frothing at the mouth for more info. I didn't post every rumor or update, so obviously if I didn't post some, others would have. But obviously I know I kept them alive.

"See, this...."

I'm not pretending anything, dude. Everything I'm saying is straight-up. Of course, you don't have to believe me, but I'm just telling it like it is. There's no hidden agenda or anything.

Oh, I know. It's part of me wanting to "inform" everyone... but in the end it's just creating more pointless debates.

"So you don't crave for ...."

Oh, I know. I know I took part in those topics. But I know that it's better to NOT take part in those topics now, you get me? There's no point. There's insufficient evidence. So now, I'm just trying to make time pass by and occasionally discuss things we do know about, along with older trailers.

"Um, yes you were : /"

In this topic? The post telling others to "STOP?" Of course, I sounded a little hostile, but I didn't post that with the intention of attacking others, so my apologies. But I just want people to forget about this whole rumor nonsense, as everything will be cleared up at E3, and it's better to just discuss stuff like the music, story, gameplay, characters, etc. etc. since that stuff is very interesting, of course. Why else would be excited for the game if it weren't for those things? :p So, again, my apologies, but I don't have bad intentions on here. I just know now that it's best to just wait.

"Please tell me you see whats wrong with this statement here."

Oh, I'm fully aware that I'm being hypocritical because I've done it before. But, like I said, I had a realization, which is why I've stopped.

"Sure, but how does that make things any better? Doesn't mean you have permission to tell other people not to do the same things you have."

I'm just asking others to stop because it's just pointless debating, you know? And it's best to just wait. I guess you can say it's "from experience." I know it's hypocritical, but, like I said, I realized that through my experiences on this board for the past few months, that this debating and rumor **** is pointless.

Again, of course I apologize if that initial message sounded hostile, but I just want the best for this board. No more rumors, no more pointless debates, just nice discussions and a little more patience until E3.

Sorry for cutting off some of your posts, I needed space :p
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#44okamhunitePosted 4/27/2013 7:59:04 PM(edited)
yeah_93 posted...
okamhunite posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Cyber_Boy94 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Yes. I sincerely believe that cross-gen development will not be a good idea whatsoever.

Stick to the PS3 or PS4. Not both.

From what I heard, Twilight Princess worked out just fine, and that was a cross gen game.

You're forgetting that the Wii and the Gamecube had pretty much no difference in graphical quality, plus the Zelda series isn't as popular as Final Fantasy and the games have much, much, much smaller budgets.

Zelda... Isn't as popular as Final Fantasy?! Pull your head out of your a** in the late 90'a Ocarina of Time was the best selling game ever made... Most Final Fantasy games suck. And the reason Zelda games have a smaller budget is because Nintendo knows they will sell well and they know what yet can do with less mint instead of blowing it on crap like SE.

What an ignorant post. I'm not a FF fan, but I certainly do know that they are more popular than Zelda games, and I'd never say most of them suck. So I don't think officefan is the one who needs to pull his head out.

Okay lets see, how many people do I know that like Final Fantasy, let's see, uhhh hmmm, 3 and one more who only like Final Fantasy XIII, how many friends do I know that like Zelda, all of them. I know more people that own or have played at least one Zelda game than people who have played Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy is an okay series considering I like two games in it but every person who I have met that plays video games owns at least one Zelda game, but a whole lot of them have never played a single Final Fantasy game, or at least own one...

I guarantee you if you were to look at sales charts Zelda sells more games compared to Final Fantasy. How often do you hear people celebrate a new FF game compared to people who celebrate a new Zelda? I tend to hear excitement for Zelda, not FF.
---
Paper Demons fighting a endless war for a rich and proud king who stands tall in his Castle of Jade and Emerald, today mighty Lord, I will end your life...
#45okamhunitePosted 4/27/2013 8:32:51 PM(edited)
yeah_93 posted...
okamhunite posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Cyber_Boy94 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Yes. I sincerely believe that cross-gen development will not be a good idea whatsoever.

Stick to the PS3 or PS4. Not both.

From what I heard, Twilight Princess worked out just fine, and that was a cross gen game.

You're forgetting that the Wii and the Gamecube had pretty much no difference in graphical quality, plus the Zelda series isn't as popular as Final Fantasy and the games have much, much, much smaller budgets.

Zelda... Isn't as popular as Final Fantasy?! Pull your head out of your a** in the late 90'a Ocarina of Time was the best selling game ever made... Most Final Fantasy games suck. And the reason Zelda games have a smaller budget is because Nintendo knows they will sell well and they know what yet can do with less mint instead of blowing it on crap like SE.

What an ignorant post. I'm not a FF fan, but I certainly do know that they are more popular than Zelda games, and I'd never say most of them suck. So I don't think officefan is the one who needs to pull his head out.

Here, look at this, it's sales stats for Final Fantasy and Zelda, honestly it looks like the fan base is fairly equal, but Zelda tended to sell more copies in the long run compared to FF, the first Zelda sold around 6.5 million where as the origonal Final Fantasy sold around .4 million. Fast forward to now and compare the most recent Zelda with the most recent FF.

Zelda Sold around 3.5 million while Final Fantasy sold around .5 million, now that is for FFXII-2, if you look at XIII it sold over 6 million, but lets look at the best selling games in the series. Ocarina of Time sold almost 8 million units while Final Fantasy VII sold almost ten million units. Now it may appear Final Fantasy games tend to sell more but think about this, in the long run Final Fantasy games are kind of all over the place with how they sell and are all over the place, not to mention the used market.

Here is an example, Final Fantasy VII, 10 million, Final Fantasy IIIV sold around 9 million, but Final Fantasy IX sold 3 million, continue on and you will see Tactics sold around 2.3 mil and FFX sold around 6 million. Now look at Zelda, Links Awakening sold 6 million, Ocarina sold 7.5, Majoras sold 3.4 mil and the oracles games combined sold around 8 mil, the way I look at it it seems the series is fairly tied.

Here are links for reference, I will admit I think I could maybe be wrong, but I think Zelda does just a tiny bit better than Final Fantasy.

Zelda: http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda

Final Fantasy: http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy

Edit: Sorry for the rude comment BTW officefan...
---
Paper Demons fighting a endless war for a rich and proud king who stands tall in his Castle of Jade and Emerald, today mighty Lord, I will end your life...
#46yeah_93Posted 4/27/2013 9:17:09 PM
okamhunite posted...

Okay lets see, how many people do I know that like Final Fantasy, let's see, uhhh hmmm, 3 and one more who only like Final Fantasy XIII, how many friends do I know that like Zelda, all of them. I know more people that own or have played at least one Zelda game than people who have played Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy is an okay series considering I like two games in it but every person who I have met that plays video games owns at least one Zelda game, but a whole lot of them have never played a single Final Fantasy game, or at least own one...

I guarantee you if you were to look at sales charts Zelda sells more games compared to Final Fantasy. How often do you hear people celebrate a new FF game compared to people who celebrate a new Zelda? I tend to hear excitement for Zelda, not FF.

Let's see, how in the world are you going to put the people you know in front of world sales? The people I know play certain games and wouldn't dare to play a Final Fantasy, yet that's not an indicator of the sales. Zelda has sold 68 million copies of the games, while Final Fantasy has sold over 100 million. The fact that you (or your friends) don't like/care about the series doesn't make it less popular. Here have this before you start saying other things as absolutes when they are simply your opinions: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises
#47okamhunitePosted 4/28/2013 6:31:43 AM
yeah_93 posted...
okamhunite posted...

Let's see, how in the world are you going to put the people you know in front of world sales? The people I know play certain games and wouldn't dare to play a Final Fantasy, yet that's not an indicator of the sales. Zelda has sold 68 million copies of the games, while Final Fantasy has sold over 100 million. The fact that you (or your friends) don't like/care about the series doesn't make it less popular. Here have this before you start saying other things as absolutes when they are simply your opinions: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

I'm not just using friends as an example, I'm also using everyone who I have met actually games, everyone I know or have met likes Zelda, but not FF, I said I was wrong, sorry, but just because sales are higher doesn't mean it's fanbase is. A lot of people don't like FF games, me included, I only like 6 and 7. But okay, I'm wrong and FF has a larger fanbase, i'm sorry I stepped out of line. FF never seemed as big of a deal to me compared to Zelda, whenever I ask a friend they even say they think Zelda is larger. It seemed like common knowledge.
---
#48theofficefan99Posted 4/28/2013 9:16:26 AM

Uhhh do you seriously think your friends IRL are a valid argument?

The Final Fantasy games have sold over 100 million copies worldwide total.

Zelda games have sold around 68 million copies worldwide total.

The highest selling Zelda game is Ocarina of Time and it sold 7.6 million. Final Fantasy VII is the highest selling Final Fantasy title and it sold 9.72 million.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#49okamhunitePosted 4/28/2013 9:33:30 AM
theofficefan99 posted...

Uhhh do you seriously think your friends IRL are a valid argument?

The Final Fantasy games have sold over 100 million copies worldwide total.

Zelda games have sold around 68 million copies worldwide total.

The highest selling Zelda game is Ocarina of Time and it sold 7.6 million. Final Fantasy VII is the highest selling Final Fantasy title and it sold 9.72 million.

Look, I said I was wrong, with how many people talk about Zelda to Final Fantasy, Zelda seemed like the obvious choice. I was wrong, and I accept that.
---
#50TrueBURPPosted 4/28/2013 11:37:17 AM
I'm kind worry about what there might be as a PS4 exclusive, other than the enhanced graphics. Since I got my PS3 only in 2011 and it probable that I'll only get a PS4 a few years after its release...

So I just hope the PS4 version will be the PS3 one enhanced, and not the PS3 version the PS4 toned down. That'd just frustrate me.
---
SCREAM POETRY...