Calling it now

#1BIG_C_4_LIFEPosted 4/23/2013 9:50:29 PM
The PS4 version will have bonus content. That's how Sony will get the PS4 to sell. Think about it, why would want a PS4 version of Versus when it's the same as the PS3 version? Throw in some bonus content alongside better graphics and it will sell.

The PS3 already has an established audience. Sony wants the PS4 to sell. What other sure fire way to make sure that not only does Versus sell but the PS4 as well? Exclusive content for the PS4 version of Versus.
---
(Currently thinking of a clever and original signature...... this could take a ****ing while)
#2matt091282Posted 4/23/2013 9:52:36 PM
If that happens, the bonus content better be damn good. haha If that's the only difference between the two, then I'll probably just get the PS3 version. I am waiting until a slim version of the PS4 is released before I get it. So, that probably won't happen until at least almost two years or so after launch. But, I will see how it goes.
#3GuitaristMattPosted 4/23/2013 9:53:20 PM
Remote play with Vita. Boom!
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/cheesystuff.png
i5-3250 GT640m 2GB DDR3 4GB HDD 500GB
#4theofficefan99Posted 4/23/2013 9:53:41 PM
The only thing that will do is piss people off.

And obviously, pissing people off will not be a smart thing to do.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#5BIG_C_4_LIFE(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 9:56:31 PM
theofficefan99 posted...

Like I said, it may piss some people off but at the end of the day, it's still business.
---
(Currently thinking of a clever and original signature...... this could take a ****ing while)
#6Cyber_Boy94Posted 4/23/2013 9:57:13 PM
The PS4 version will be the "Final Mix" version of the game... Then Japan will get FF Versus XIII Final Mix, which ****'s all over my theory.
---
PSN=Cyber_Boy94
Support Project Crystallis http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/project-crystallis.html
#7theofficefan99Posted 4/23/2013 10:00:43 PM
BIG_C_4_LIFE posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

Like I said, it may piss some people off but at the end of the day, it's still business.

You're going to piss off the entire portion of the fanbase that plans on buying it on the PS3, and that's a large amount of people. Not a smart way of doing business.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#8zombie_basher13Posted 4/23/2013 10:02:26 PM
Here's what I think. All this cross-gen stuff is pretty weird. I don't like it. It wasn't around when we went from PS1 to PS2 era, and I think late Gamecube with stuff like Twilight Princess set it off. I think it's stupid. Games shouldn't be cross gen. I mean we got all those HD collections on PS3, you don't see PS2 to PS3 cross gen games. It's only really starting to take off now with PS4 emerging like an unwanted canker and I say unwanted because I don't want it to affect Versus.

As much as I would unhesitantly buy Versus day one even if it ends up as PS4 exclusive, it will be a very defeated buy. All this time spent developing on PS3 just to skip gens, stupid, and doesn't seem fair. What they should do is have it on PS3, then available as PS4 digital title, the PS3 form. There you go. Everybody's happy.

In short, TLDR, cross gen is bull**** and I don't like it, and I don't want it as PS4 exclusive either. I agree with officefan. Let it be exclusive to one or the other, preferably PS3 SINCE THAT WAS WHAT IT WAS MADE ON FOR 7 YEARS.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#9PillsberyDoeManPosted 4/23/2013 10:03:10 PM
wouldn't care if the "ps4 version" has extra content. i'm still not buying a ps4 until the slim is released.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#10Cyber_Boy94Posted 4/23/2013 10:04:56 PM
zombie_basher13 posted...
Here's what I think. All this cross-gen stuff is pretty weird. I don't like it. It wasn't around when we went from PS1 to PS2 era, and I think late Gamecube with stuff like Twilight Princess set it off. I think it's stupid. Games shouldn't be cross gen. I mean we got all those HD collections on PS3, you don't see PS2 to PS3 cross gen games. It's only really starting to take off now with PS4 emerging like an unwanted canker and I say unwanted because I don't want it to affect Versus.

As much as I would unhesitantly buy Versus day one even if it ends up as PS4 exclusive, it will be a very defeated buy. All this time spent developing on PS3 just to skip gens, stupid, and doesn't seem fair. What they should do is have it on PS3, then available as PS4 digital title, the PS3 form. There you go. Everybody's happy.

In short, TLDR, cross gen is bull**** and I don't like it, and I don't want it as PS4 exclusive either. I agree with officefan. Let it be exclusive to one or the other, preferably PS3 SINCE THAT WAS WHAT IT WAS MADE ON FOR 7 YEARS.

Cross Gen has been a thing since the transition from PS2/GC/Xbox -> PS3/Wii/360

The only examples I can give though are the Smackdown vs Raw games and Twilight Princess.

With this gen leap we're getting AC IV, Watch Dogs, Destiny and Possibly Versus as Cross Gen games.
---
PSN=Cyber_Boy94
Support Project Crystallis http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/project-crystallis.html