Calling it now

#21matt091282Posted 4/24/2013 1:29:39 AM
zombie_basher13 posted...
matt091282 posted...
The PS3 is still going to be popular for another couple of years easily. The first year or so of the PS4 might be kind of slow anyway. Personally, I'm waiting for a slim model and by that time there will be more games to choose from anyway.

Assuming Versus is still a PS3 title, that, along with current games and future releases, I am going to be busy on my PS3 for quite awhile.

Just thought of something. FF XIV will probably be supported for 5-10 years, right? So XIV still on PS3 ten years later? Chew on that. If XIV can last that long, surely Versus can still release this gen without making the jump.

Yeah, that's a great point. A game like that is going to be supported for awhile, tech-wise, DLC, crap like that. I don't think they'd put the work into re-doing it if they thought the shelf life might not be that long. I don't know if it'd be supported for more than five years, but it's going to be awhile you would think.
#22ZendaikPosted 4/24/2013 1:30:02 AM
matt091282 posted...
The PS3 is still going to be popular for another couple of years easily. The first year or so of the PS4 might be kind of slow anyway. Personally, I'm waiting for a slim model and by that time there will be more games to choose from anyway.

Assuming Versus is still a PS3 title, that, along with current games and future releases, I am going to be busy on my PS3 for quite awhile.

Just thought of something. FF XIV will probably be supported for 5-10 years, right? So XIV still on PS3 ten years later? Chew on that. If XIV can last that long, surely Versus can still release this gen without making the jump.

Granted they still support FF XI on the PS2 lol. In Japan at least, another expansion just came out.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#23Sorrow_EnderPosted 4/24/2013 7:58:31 AM
wait this is coming out for ps4 too? and wait, this game is coming out?
---
The Dawn of Sorrow is Approaching
#24RasukouPosted 4/24/2013 8:16:56 AM
http://m.wisegeek.com/what-is-hindsight-bias.htm
#25CranberryTacoPosted 4/24/2013 8:28:33 AM
matt091282 posted...
If that happens, the bonus content better be damn good. haha If that's the only difference between the two, then I'll probably just get the PS3 version. I am waiting until a slim version of the PS4 is released before I get it. So, that probably won't happen until at least almost two years or so after launch. But, I will see how it goes.

I wouldnt mind. Albeit we dont know if the PS4 will be a large or small box tho knowing Sony, the console will go from bigger to slim just like their previous ones.
---
Slick Musician /DJ/ [>R&B> NU Jack Swing >House>UK Music> Dubstep is where it went wrong
#26theofficefan99Posted 4/24/2013 9:08:00 AM
matt091282 posted...

That's an MMO. XI released another expansion on the PC and PS2 this year, I believe, and there was an ultimate collection released last year as well, IIRC. That doesn't mean anything. They're MMO's.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#27Lelouch71Posted 4/24/2013 10:47:24 AM
matt091282 posted...

Of course it will be popular for a few more years. It took awhile until the PS2's popularity to slow down. The PS2 dominated for a little while. I suspect the same will be true for the PS3 and 360. They will be the PS4, Wii U, and 720 biggest rival outside of themselves. The big name developers didn't truly start to move on until 2007. SE still release games for the PS2 while making FFXIII for the PS3.

SE also had Drakengard 3 (localization), KH2.5 HD, FFXII HD, and this game to release next year. I believe Versus will be the swan song to the PS4 at least for SE. If they do go through with cross gen release for Versus then yeah the PS4 version will likely be Versus International with extra content. PS3 owners might get those extras through DLC if they are nice enough of course.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#28phillymo887Posted 4/25/2013 9:18:04 PM
Cyber_Boy94 posted...
Here's what I think. All this cross-gen stuff is pretty weird. I don't like it. It wasn't around when we went from PS1 to PS2 era, and I think late Gamecube with stuff like Twilight Princess set it off. I think it's stupid. Games shouldn't be cross gen. I mean we got all those HD collections on PS3, you don't see PS2 to PS3 cross gen games. It's only really starting to take off now with PS4 emerging like an unwanted canker and I say unwanted because I don't want it to affect Versus.

As much as I would unhesitantly buy Versus day one even if it ends up as PS4 exclusive, it will be a very defeated buy. All this time spent developing on PS3 just to skip gens, stupid, and doesn't seem fair. What they should do is have it on PS3, then available as PS4 digital title, the PS3 form. There you go. Everybody's happy.

In short, TLDR, cross gen is bull**** and I don't like it, and I don't want it as PS4 exclusive either. I agree with officefan. Let it be exclusive to one or the other, preferably PS3 SINCE THAT WAS WHAT IT WAS MADE ON FOR 7 YEARS.

Cross Gen has been a thing since the transition from PS2/GC/Xbox -> PS3/Wii/360

The only examples I can give though are the Smackdown vs Raw games and Twilight Princess.

With this gen leap we're getting AC IV, Watch Dogs, Destiny and Possibly Versus as Cross Gen games.

cross gen has been around since ps1 to ps2 era. look at Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3. The ps2 version was a better version. I had both, ps1 first. when i got my hands on the ps2 i never touched the ps1 edition again.

it just happens sometimes, its not a huge deal. for all you know you will get the same game you were going to get anyway, on both systems. maybe the ps4 will be a digital title only. maybe nothing will be compramised and everyone will be happy. don't jump the gun til you know the facts anyway.

it just seems like some people are using this as a reason to feel abused as fans. like you are entitled to something because you had to wait to wait for it. you feel betrayed but its just business. it doesn't always go the way the customer wants it, but they are giving you the product yo want in the end and they are giving you multiple ways to get your hands on it (if all this is even true).

i'm not attacking anybody but its not as big as a letdown as some are making it. IF the game is watered down in the end then sure that sucks but if it isn't then i don't see a problem with this.