Would you still buy Versus if...

#1nfobiaPosted 4/26/2013 4:33:19 AM
It had mandatory social network login, online features and monthly fees?
#2marko7Posted 4/26/2013 4:35:32 AM
No.
---
Ruler of the FF Agito XIII Boards 2011-2013
The Official Creator of the Noctis Orgy on the FF Versus XIII Boards
#3ZeroCalsPosted 4/26/2013 4:51:05 AM
Nooooooooooope.
---
Official Wisest Person on the Final Fantasy Versus XIII Board
#4Dark_Mage_XelinPosted 4/26/2013 4:51:52 AM
Nope
---
The Official Dragoon Chick of the Final Fantasy Versus XIII Board
#5R1nPosted 4/26/2013 5:09:10 AM
Nawp.
---
Mega Man is my hero.
#6NoctionusPosted 4/26/2013 6:03:36 AM
Yes.
---
http://i.imgur.com/CxdWY.gif
#7RasukouPosted 4/26/2013 6:19:34 AM
Why the monthly fees?
Social network login is a highly improbable outcome.
Online features - they might appear, but in a non-MMORPG?

Nah, I think I'll pass. Just watch people play it on YouTube.
#8omeganova13Posted 4/26/2013 6:31:19 AM
nfobia posted...
It had mandatory social network login, online features and monthly fees?

thats a no on 1 & 3

online features really depends on what that means, if its a full blown multiplayer mode whether competitive or co-op then no

HOWEVER, ive thought for some time that modern ARPGs should really take a lesson from secret/legend of mana. in those games ( for those of you who have not played ) it was normal single player experience for the most part. however if a friend was over they could plug in a 2nd control and take command of 1 of your 2 AI party members. if they did something like this where it is a friend joining your gaming experience rather than true multiplayer where you each have your own save i would be okay with it provided it was implemented properly ( invite only )

having said all that, i doubt any of these will actually happen
#9CranberryTacoPosted 4/26/2013 6:54:12 AM
Its not made to be played online. Haha, if that scenario were to happen and Versus XIII did change it into a online game i suspect that Square Enix's image will continue to fall.
---
Slick Musician /DJ/ [>R&B> NU Jack Swing >House>UK Music> Dubstep is where it went wrong
#10BurdicusPosted 4/26/2013 7:25:11 AM
CranberryTaco posted...
Its not made to be played online. Haha, if that scenario were to happen and Versus XIII did change it into a online game i suspect that Square Enix's image will continue to fall.

Along with what is being said here,

Why would SE reveal an online game right after their attempt to fix 14? 14 already lost them millions, jeopordizing it's potential now by creating self compition would literally be company suicide.

Until we see if 14 is able to grow or completely fail alltogether, SE will avoid any online based FF titles.
---
Currently playing: Ni No Kuni, Dragon's Dogma
Currently replaying: FFVIII, SotC