Caelum Kingdom. How large will it be in scale

#1Nuck-chorrisPosted 4/26/2013 5:46:22 PM
I think 2 times the amount of FF XII Rabanastre. Low expectations i have.
---
Im about to tell you story about my signature.
#2theofficefan99Posted 4/26/2013 6:04:09 PM(edited)
Probably around that size. I don't know if it'll be a place Noctis and co. will keep coming back to, since it seems like the first few hours is them protecting the city and crystal and them getting the crystal taken away by the Niflheim kingdom.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#3RasukouPosted 4/26/2013 6:02:17 PM
Probably pretty big but it's difficult to know the actual size for obvious reasons--mainly, the dearth of information. Isn't Noctis's kingdom the most developed in this world?

If I remember correctly, Noctis will be driven out of his own kingdom because he's a wanted man by the Niflheim authorities. If that's the case, then I doubt we can explore much of the Caelum Kingdom before the latter part of the game or somewhere close to that.
#4theofficefan99Posted 4/26/2013 6:06:23 PM
Rasukou posted...
Probably pretty big but it's difficult to know the actual size for obvious reasons--mainly, the dearth of information. Isn't Noctis's kingdom the most developed in this world?

If I remember correctly, Noctis will be driven out of his own kingdom because he's a wanted man by the Niflheim authorities. If that's the case, then I doubt we can explore much of the Caelum Kingdom before the latter part of the game or somewhere close to that.

IIRC, there are other kingdoms/parts of the world that are as advanced or even more advanced, but the majority of the world is pretty behind, apparently. I'm not sure how correct that is.

The Niflheim kingdom want him, but we don't know why. This was said in the trailer.

And yeah, I'm thinking that we're in Noctis' kingdom for the first few hours and then we don't go back there for storyline purposes until near the end of the game.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#5PillsberyDoeManPosted 4/26/2013 7:07:10 PM
Nuck-chorris posted...

wait.. rabanastre was small as crap! even with its' upstairs/downstairs layout. twice the size of that won't cut it for me. the "main" city should be big with plenty of things to do.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#6theofficefan99Posted 4/26/2013 8:29:46 PM
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
Nuck-chorris posted...

wait.. rabanastre was small as crap! even with its' upstairs/downstairs layout. twice the size of that won't cut it for me. the "main" city should be big with plenty of things to do.

Yeah, I never understood the people praising Rabanastre as if it was some amazing city. It was small, underwhelming, and boring in pretty much every way >.>

I also loved that time when a developer claimed that it takes 20 minutes to go through Rabanastre lol it only takes around 45 seconds to run through the entirety of the city.
---
#7PillsberyDoeManPosted 4/26/2013 8:37:00 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
Nuck-chorris posted...

Yeah, I never understood the people praising Rabanastre as if it was some amazing city. It was small, underwhelming, and boring in pretty much every way >.>
I also loved that time when a developer claimed that it takes 20 minutes to go through Rabanastre lol it only takes around 45 seconds to run through the entirety of the city.

that's cuz you're not counting the load times man! gotta count those load times.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#8ZendaikPosted 4/26/2013 8:44:31 PM
It probably takes 20 mins to go through Rabanastre if you're an explorer like me and like to find and go into every corner.

But once you've gone through the whole thing once already, it's not that big. Including the Lowtown it starts to get big though.

I think the biggest town I've seen in an RPG is Alcamoth from Xenoblade. My god it takes a while to run around it.

Anyway, I know Noctis' city is based off of Tokyo IIRC and they even said they modeled, like, bike parking spaces in the same exact areas and the same way from the real Tokyo in the game. I don't know quite how big it'll be, but just modeling a chunk of the real Tokyo and putting it in the game could be cool, and could be sizeable.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#9theofficefan99Posted 4/26/2013 8:51:16 PM
I wanted to buy Xenoblade for my birthday, but a new copy is $160+ now. I said "**** this" and bought around 10 cheap games in like new/new condition instead.
---
#10ExentrykPosted 4/26/2013 11:39:53 PM
As per Aryllies:
It's an open world. You can move around with your party members who are always visible.

That much hasn't changed from the original idea, however it is far from being as expansive as FFXII's world but is a breath of fresh air compared to XIII.

---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.