Caelum Kingdom. How large will it be in scale

#11Asd202Posted 4/27/2013 4:04:13 AM
Nuck-chorris posted...
I think 2 times the amount of FF XII Rabanastre. Low expectations i have.

It will be smaller.
#12PainsPerceptionPosted 4/28/2013 5:04:07 AM
effing HUGE
---
but the only way to really learn is to get your ass beat a bunch. Such is Tekken, such is life. - Triguns Vash
Official SARDINE of ALL FF boards
#13ZendaikPosted 4/28/2013 5:10:16 AM
Asd202 posted...
Nuck-chorris posted...
I think 2 times the amount of FF XII Rabanastre. Low expectations i have.

It will be smaller.

Then it wouldn't be very big at all...

I'm pretty sure it'll be at least 2x Rabanastre.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#14theofficefan99Posted 4/28/2013 7:25:33 PM
"Nomura has said the city state home of Noctis is the largest explorable city to ever appear in a Final Fantasy game."

^^^From Wikipedia

Just saw this, thought I might include this in here :p
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#15joshakasupaPosted 4/28/2013 7:26:22 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
"Nomura has said the city state home of Noctis is the largest explorable city to ever appear in a Final Fantasy game."

^^^From Wikipedia

it doesn't have much competition :D most cities are kinda small
#16theofficefan99Posted 4/28/2013 7:59:17 PM
joshakasupa posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

^^^From Wikipedia

Well it was also said that Noctis' home country will basically be a battlefield, so any city, even if it didn't function like a traditional resting place, is a candidate. Perhaps it's even larger than the whole of Midgar? I highly doubt that, though that'd be awesome.

Reading the Wiki page also got me excited because of Ignis' katana wielding, Noctis being able to teleport to wherever his weapon is, Noctis' home state being the largest city in any FF, the story being the most serious and dark FF to date, the inclusion of cars, airships, and chocobos, 70% of cutscenes being playable with 30% being gorgeous pre-rendered CGI/FMV cinematics from Visual Works, and... a bunch of other stuff.

Basically, this game sounds ****ing incredible.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#17FFT-FanPosted 4/28/2013 10:34:36 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
joshakasupa posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

^^^From Wikipedia

Well it was also said that Noctis' home country will basically be a battlefield, so any city, even if it didn't function like a traditional resting place, is a candidate. Perhaps it's even larger than the whole of Midgar? I highly doubt that, though that'd be awesome.

Reading the Wiki page also got me excited because of Ignis' katana wielding, Noctis being able to teleport to wherever his weapon is, Noctis' home state being the largest city in any FF, the story being the most serious and dark FF to date, the inclusion of cars, airships, and chocobos, 70% of cutscenes being playable with 30% being gorgeous pre-rendered CGI/FMV cinematics from Visual Works, and... a bunch of other stuff.

Basically, this game sounds ****ing incredible.

This is why almost all of my hopes for another good FF are in this game. They've said they won't remake VII until they make a better FF, I think this may be a serious attempt to make the best FF game and perhaps one of the best JRPGs ever. I hope they succeed and this game has a kind of magic like games like VII and Chrono Trigger
#18PillsberyDoeManPosted 4/29/2013 2:49:04 AM
FFT-Fan posted...
This is why almost all of my hopes for another good FF are in this game. They've said they won't remake VII until they make a better FF, I think this may be a serious attempt to make the best FF game and perhaps one of the best JRPGs ever. I hope they succeed and this game has a kind of magic like games like VII and Chrono Trigger

honestly, after ALL THIS TIME, if the game isn't near perfect, i'm going to be disappointed. there's no excuse for not accomplishing what it originally set out to do... AND MORE.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#19theofficefan99Posted 4/29/2013 3:06:28 PM
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
FFT-Fan posted...

honestly, after ALL THIS TIME, if the game isn't near perfect, i'm going to be disappointed. there's no excuse for not accomplishing what it originally set out to do... AND MORE.

Same. I have high expectations for this game, they're not unreasonable, and they better pull it off and blow everyone away.
---
#20nfobiaPosted 4/30/2013 4:48:48 AM
I dont care about size but for actual content. XII had some big towns compared to previous FFs but they were just full of useless npcs and only several mandatory shops. Most likely it will be like Midgar, basically huge but with different smaller sections and dungeons.