Anyone else think the story sounds really interesting?

#11RasukouPosted 4/29/2013 6:45:40 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
I think the story sounds really interesting and I think it'll be very well-presented.

What about you guys?

Story sounds mildly interesting. Execution is another topic . . .

a story told through a novel is different from that told through a film, which, in turn, is different from one told through a video game.

We'll see what Nomura & Co. will do. There's not enough footage to conclude anything.
#12casperwhatPosted 4/30/2013 12:54:44 AM
Rasukou posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
I think the story sounds really interesting and I think it'll be very well-presented.

What about you guys?

Story sounds mildly interesting. Execution is another topic . . .

a story told through a novel is different from that told through a film, which, in turn, is different from one told through a video game.

We'll see what Nomura & Co. will do. There's not enough footage to conclude anything.

This. Partially because I don't want to get my hopes up.
---
Wurd..
Killin' time with: Tomb Raider, Pokemon: Emerald, DotA 2, MGR:R
#13The_Lost_SabrePosted 5/2/2013 1:08:58 AM(edited)
I hear the word realistic and believable from developers' mouth so many times at this point. I'm going to withhold my judgement on the characters' overall person but I really wonder if devs are throwing words like "realistic" and "believable" in the same vein as "dark" to appear more impressive then it really is.

Really hope they prove me wrong but I wouldn't be surprise if that is the case.
---
"You shall find no such tasty diversions in the afterlife!" ~ The Void
In the Void, you shall find your eternal paradise... of everyday randomness...
#14Sir_Tom_JonesPosted 5/2/2013 1:59:40 AM
I will not get hyped again.
---
Its not unusual for Noctis to do ballet. http://i.imgur.com/xyWTX0e.gif
#15IakunPosted 5/3/2013 11:18:26 AM
I get wary when I hear a story is going to be "realistic" and/or believable. Realistic to who? Often times that quality of realism in story and character is just portrayed as dark, which ends up making characters totally unlike how most people in real life would act or think.

I can't believe I'm gonna say this but I'd almost prefer the characters in FF13 if versus is just gonna turn into another "dark and gritty" experience.
#16Ecclesiastes273Posted 5/3/2013 2:23:26 PM
Realism is the new dark and edgy.

Y'all been warned so many times. How people still hype this is beyond me.
---
Ecclesiastes basically made everything you've had to say on EVERY RPG BOARD moot with that point. -Fehlany
#17CranberryTacoPosted 5/4/2013 2:04:56 AM(edited)
It is suppose to be based on real world conflicts. I sure hope Nomura and his crew will deliver.
---
Slick Musician /DJ/ [>R&B> NU Jack Swing >House>UK Music> Dubstep is where it went wrong
#18RasukouPosted 5/4/2013 9:08:26 PM
Sir_Tom_Jones posted...

You will get hyped again. But it's just a video game. Remember that.
#19theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 9:19:29 PM
Rasukou posted...
Sir_Tom_Jones posted...

You will get hyped again. But it's just a video game. Remember that.

Eh. I really don't like that expression.

Video games, in my opinion, are becoming an art form. I personally take video games just as seriously as books and movies. They're able to move and enthrall me. And, as humans, we always seek to escape the troubles of our daily lives, so entertainment is crucial. So I really don't think there's nothing wrong with getting hyped over "just a video game."
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#20faris_ruhiPosted 5/4/2013 10:19:50 PM
I don't know about how it sounds, but from the trailers it's always looked interesting to me.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Going through backlog by release date (almost), Current game: X-men Origins Wolverine, Next up: Red Faction Guerrilla