Anyone else think the story sounds really interesting?

#31Orange00Posted 5/6/2013 10:57:47 PM
story sounds like a promising start, FFVII and FFX got IMO strongest characters and overall story and FFVIII has gained my respect afterwards with many theories it has sprung with it's cryptic story.

about Versus, it sounds weird that all neighbouring countries are "medieval", sounds a bit bizarre. I'd expect them to be more FFVII-style steampunkish..
---
Devil May Cry: The Order --Devil May Cry reboot prequel choose your own adventure with RPG elements. Or something-- Join the resistance on a DmC-board near you!
#32matt091282Posted 5/7/2013 12:37:45 AM
Orange00 posted...
story sounds like a promising start, FFVII and FFX got IMO strongest characters and overall story and FFVIII has gained my respect afterwards with many theories it has sprung with it's cryptic story.

about Versus, it sounds weird that all neighbouring countries are "medieval", sounds a bit bizarre. I'd expect them to be more FFVII-style steampunkish..

The world kind of sounds like it could be a tribute to all past FF games. Meaning that FF games in the past have either had a modern/futuristic setting or a medieval one. Whether or not the combination of the two works well in this game....we'll have to wait and see.

I'm with you on the FFVII comment. It's one reason I am excited for Versus. I have been longing for a RPG with a more darker setting and tone. Hopefully they nail it with this game. I also loved VII's dark, industrial setting. I really dug Midgar.
#33CranberryTacoPosted 5/7/2013 2:59:41 AM
theofficefan99 posted...

He's just trying to say that people shouldn't devote their lives to this game, especially since SE has been toying us for the past 2 1/2 years.

And as for me, yeah, I'm not worried at all about what I do. I'm healthy, I have a ton of friends (hell, I'm my class' Prom King), and I'm doing very well in school, so I don't feel bad at all for having a nerdy side that just freaking loves video games (and movies to a lesser extent).

Spot on. Too much gaming can get boring aswell after you sit down for 2 days on a game that got your attention. Just balance out your obligations with your spare time.

On topic. Im still rather sceptic in terms of Versus. The silence has to be broken someday. This is getting ridiculous. Also.... Prom king? nice one, tho i was too coool ;) Lol high school, those were fun times but im glad im an adult now. I was co-president of my class back in the day. It wasnt that hard since im good in negotiating, i managed to kept everyone happy.
---
Slick Musician /DJ/ [>R&B> NU Jack Swing >House>UK Music> Dubstep is where it went wrong
#34theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 5:41:18 PM
matt091282 posted...
Orange00 posted...

The world kind of sounds like it could be a tribute to all past FF games. Meaning that FF games in the past have either had a modern/futuristic setting or a medieval one. Whether or not the combination of the two works well in this game....we'll have to wait and see.

I'm with you on the FFVII comment. It's one reason I am excited for Versus. I have been longing for a RPG with a more darker setting and tone. Hopefully they nail it with this game. I also loved VII's dark, industrial setting. I really dug Midgar.

Same. Noctis' kingdom seems like a revamped, cooler version of Midgar.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#35theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 5:42:54 PM
CranberryTaco posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

He's just trying to say that people shouldn't devote their lives to this game, especially since SE has been toying us for the past 2 1/2 years.

And as for me, yeah, I'm not worried at all about what I do. I'm healthy, I have a ton of friends (hell, I'm my class' Prom King), and I'm doing very well in school, so I don't feel bad at all for having a nerdy side that just freaking loves video games (and movies to a lesser extent).

Spot on. Too much gaming can get boring aswell after you sit down for 2 days on a game that got your attention. Just balance out your obligations with your spare time.

On topic. Im still rather sceptic in terms of Versus. The silence has to be broken someday. This is getting ridiculous. Also.... Prom king? nice one, tho i was too coool ;) Lol high school, those were fun times but im glad im an adult now. I was co-president of my class back in the day. It wasnt that hard since im good in negotiating, i managed to kept everyone happy.

Well too much of anything can get boring :p moderation is key, after all.

Yes, that's the thing. And I think E3 will be the perfect time.

And yup, I was shocked haha. Kind of a nice thing.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#36nfobiaPosted 5/10/2013 12:01:50 AM
No, story doesn't sound really interesting but it is part of FNC mythology so thats good. Nomura is famous for creating overly complex and nonsense stories so I dont have any high hopes for now.
#37zombie_basher13Posted 5/10/2013 12:55:58 AM
nfobia posted...
No, story doesn't sound really interesting but it is part of FNC mythology so thats good. Nomura is famous for creating overly complex and nonsense stories so I dont have any high hopes for now.

Am I the only one that thinks the mythology is stupid?

A god (Bhunivelze) hates his mother so he banishes her. Then he creates another god but "accidentally" makes her look like his mother. He freaks out and takes all her power away. Instead of just banishing her like he did with his mother. Then the powerless goddess cries for even more powerless and pitiful human race, giving them pieces of her heart called chaos.

I dunno it's just lame and pointless. How is this uninspired drivel worthy of having multiple FFs based around it?
---
Look alive, you fools.
#38theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 7:51:47 AM
zombie_basher13 posted...
nfobia posted...

A god (Bhunivelze) hates his mother so he banishes her. Then he creates another god but "accidentally" makes her look like his mother. He freaks out and takes all her power away. Instead of just banishing her like he did with his mother. Then the powerless goddess cries for even more powerless and pitiful human race, giving them pieces of her heart called chaos.

I dunno it's just lame and pointless. How is this uninspired drivel worthy of having multiple FFs based around it?

I'm not too much of a fan of the extended mythology that was revealed in 2011. I'm a fan of the stuff that was there before this conference. I don't even think Type-0 included stuff like Bhunivelze and whatnot; it just had Etro, Pulse, fal'Cie, l'Cie and stuff.
---
#39roxas9001Posted 5/11/2013 10:16:25 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
nfobia posted...

I'm not too much of a fan of the extended mythology that was revealed in 2011. I'm a fan of the stuff that was there before this conference. I don't even think Type-0 included stuff like Bhunivelze and whatnot; it just had Etro, Pulse, fal'Cie, l'Cie and stuff.

There is no "extended mythology"
---
Nanomachines, Son
Official Zidane Tribal of the FFXV Board
#40theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 11:46:08 AM(edited)
roxas9001 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
nfobia posted...

There is no "extended mythology"

I'm talking about the portion of the mythology that was revealed in 2011. Yeah, it's not extended in the sense that it's not part of the backstory, but, so far, only the Lightning Saga has used that portion of the mythology. IIRC Type-0 didn't.

---