they better not do this...

#1gamersince1993Posted 4/30/2013 11:50:09 PM
add DLC. better not add that $@#% for a game thats taking 7+ years. this game better be packed with content or im gona go super saiyan.
#2Graham_ChapmanPosted 5/1/2013 3:24:14 AM
Then go super saiyan. Personally, I don't have anything against DLC. That said, I also don't have anything against "no DLC", so...
---
I'M IN DESPAIR!!! THE SEVEN YEARS FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII HAS BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT HAVE LEFT ME IN DESPAIR!!!
#3ManaYukaPosted 5/1/2013 6:49:05 AM(edited)
DLC is actually a good thing I think, when used effectively.

On-disc locked content isnt good and is treating the customers like crap

DLC boss fights or costumes are really stupid. One boss fight for 5 dollars? No thanks

DLC should only be something thats reasonable. Couple new Boss fights and 2 dungeons? Sure I'll pay 10 dollars for that.
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
Favorite People- Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson
#4marko7Posted 5/1/2013 7:20:19 AM
The GTA, Dark Souls and Far Cry DLC's are pretty good examples of well done DLC that I would gladly pay for.

So if its something like those I'd be happy enough.
---
Ruler of the FF Agito XIII Boards 2011-2013
The Official Creator of the Noctis Orgy on the FF Versus XIII Boards
#5BurdicusPosted 5/1/2013 8:36:16 AM
I'm okay with DLC being purely aesthetic.

$5 for a matching outfit set for all the playable characters? sure, why not.

It doesn't ruin the game, it doesn't make the game any easier or unbalanced, it isn't something that is necessary to enjoy/understand the plot etc...
---
Currently playing: Ni No Kuni, Dragon's Dogma
Currently replaying: FFVIII, SotC
#6Asd202Posted 5/1/2013 9:04:08 AM(edited)
Worthwhile DLC for an RPG is hard to do IMO either you have to cut some part of the game which will make people rage or you have to do a mini expansion which is much better ala Bethesda with Skyrim but are hard to do with story driven games like JRPGs, not to mention it requires a lot of and time and effort.
#7largerockPosted 5/1/2013 11:32:57 AM
Agreed.

I shall form an army with you if this happens.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#8matt091282Posted 5/1/2013 11:47:38 AM
It's a game being released in 2014. It's going to have DLC. lol
#9PillsberyDoeManPosted 5/1/2013 12:50:08 PM
i HATE dlc. learned my lesson with borderlands 2. last time i ever get suckered into that. i'm never satisfied with the amount of content i get for what i pay and the experience usually takes a back seat to the actual game. some of the prices these aholes charge is absurd too. 15 friggen dollars for a 2 hour experience? gtfo here. and then some companies try to justify the length of their dlc with lots of repetition and backtracking. gtfo here.

yea, i've learned my lesson. i'm sticking with whatever comes on the disc. if at some point in time there is a discounted bundle on all the dlc, then maybe i'll make the purchase. i'm pretty sure borderlands 1 did something like that during the holiday season. all the dlc for like $15.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#10RasukouPosted 5/1/2013 12:56:09 PM
FFXIII-2 had DLC, LR probably will have DLC. The trend in the video games industry seems to be toward some type of DLC.

Will Versus have DLC? Maybe. Am I or others gonna buy it? Maybe, maybe not. Two separate questions.