they better not do this...

#11PillsberyDoeManPosted 5/1/2013 2:04:25 PM
Rasukou posted...
FFXIII-2 had DLC, LR probably will have DLC. The trend in the video games industry seems to be toward some type of DLC.
Will Versus have DLC? Maybe. Am I or others gonna buy it? Maybe, maybe not. Two separate questions.

Although “Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII” will have costume DLC, it won’t feature an expansion that will add more plot points to the story like in “Final Fantasy XIII-2.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-story-and-costume-dlc-discussed
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#12ManaYukaPosted 5/1/2013 7:33:10 PM
Dark Souls had an awesome DLC

4 new bosses, and 3 new dungeons I think...that was damn worth it

**** FFXIII-2's DLC :/

I dont trust SE with DLC, but it might just be Toriyama's team, I hope Nomura is better in this department
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
Favorite People- Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson
#13ExentrykPosted 5/1/2013 7:58:36 PM
There'll definitely be DLC.
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#14akira_hisyamPosted 5/1/2013 11:30:40 PM
i hate ff13-2 dlc, that game have outfit option but you need to buy dlc costume, that game have colliseum but it useless,you need to buy colliseum boss battle dlc in order to access the colliseum
---
i wont let the last heaven honor die with it champion-war
#15PillsberyDoeManPosted 5/2/2013 12:12:35 AM
ManaYuka posted...
**** FFXIII-2's DLC :/
I dont trust SE with DLC, but it might just be Toriyama's team, I hope Nomura is better in this department

i wonder what kind and how much dlc kh3 will have? HMMMMMM....
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#16gamersince1993(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 1:02:11 AM
what the issue is with dlc for me is that some people beg for dlc BEFORE the game comes out. wouldn't it be practical to ask the developers to actually put the content in the game first? people are just asking to get hustled.
#17omeganova13Posted 5/2/2013 7:10:50 AM
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
i HATE dlc. learned my lesson with borderlands 2. last time i ever get suckered into that. i'm never satisfied with the amount of content i get for what i pay and the experience usually takes a back seat to the actual game. some of the prices these aholes charge is absurd too. 15 friggen dollars for a 2 hour experience? gtfo here. and then some companies try to justify the length of their dlc with lots of repetition and backtracking. gtfo here.

yea, i've learned my lesson. i'm sticking with whatever comes on the disc. if at some point in time there is a discounted bundle on all the dlc, then maybe i'll make the purchase. i'm pretty sure borderlands 1 did something like that during the holiday season. all the dlc for like $15.

i actually think the BL2 DLC averages out to be, well, average, not bad. scarlet was of fair length though i like it less than the others, tourge was awesome, 0 complaints there. hamerlock is where things went wrong, what it tried to do it actually did well ( a monster hunt with loads of new loot, most of which was strong ) the problem is that combined with a story that take less than 2 hours makes this a $5 dlc at best, they are charging $10. the other main problem is that BL1 had 2-3 epic dlc (depending on who you ask) BL2 has only had 1 (again, who you ask) , and therefore looks bad by comparison

as far as SE goes, they don't really have a long history of doing dlc so who knows if they will with versus. whether i want it or not? im with some of the other posters, depends on the what, when and why. some companies do dlc right, most don't
#18omeganova13Posted 5/2/2013 7:25:28 AM
gamersince1993 posted...
what the issue is with dlc for me is that some people beg for dlc BEFORE the game comes out. wouldn't it be practical to ask the developers to actually put the content in the game first? people are just asking to get hustled.

agreed 100%

i don't mind dlc if it is an actual addition to a game, like "hey our game sold well, lets make a new area with new quests". when you go into designing a game with dlc in mind the result will be mixed, my above post is a good example, i think gearbox did this and of the 3 dlc, 1 was good, 1 bad & 1 average. asking for dlc before hand encourages this, and as long as demand is there quality will drop because you already said you would pay for it.

again, it depends on the what, when and why. the what should be something sizeable, the when should be several months AFTER release, and the why should be because the game was well received and you want to reward your fans WHILE making yourself a profit
#19gamersince1993(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 2:24:42 PM
omeganova13 posted...
gamersince1993 posted...

agreed 100%

i don't mind dlc if it is an actual addition to a game, like "hey our game sold well, lets make a new area with new quests". when you go into designing a game with dlc in mind the result will be mixed, my above post is a good example, i think gearbox did this and of the 3 dlc, 1 was good, 1 bad & 1 average. asking for dlc before hand encourages this, and as long as demand is there quality will drop because you already said you would pay for it.

again, it depends on the what, when and why. the what should be something sizeable, the when should be several months AFTER release, and the why should be because the game was well received and you want to reward your fans WHILE making yourself a profit

this is exactly how i see it. as for this game ffv13,with a extremely long development time of over 7 years, all content should be in the game from the start,what im saying is if there is dlc a couple months after the release you know its bull#$@%.they had so much time to finish this game and left so many fans suffering dlc will be a slap to the face.there should be no excuse for an incomplete game,even if it turns out to be bad.
#20Lelouch71Posted 5/2/2013 4:23:31 PM
Oh they will. If they don't then they will just do a Final Fantasy Versus XIII International with 20 extra bosses, a new dungeon, new moves, and cutsecnes just like they (team Nomura) did for KH2FM.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"