How long does it take you to completely rule out SE

#1Sir_Tom_JonesPosted 5/1/2013 5:00:40 AM(edited)
I guess everyone will finally move on and take SE with a lesser grain of salt after this. Or are you guys done with SE after this? Im sure there are some, no?

Its funny how Versus is nearly making us go apes***. The gameplay trailer shows only 5% of the game but it looks so amazing. Yet we're still here, anticipating. Good job SE. You've kept us under your spell.

Really, if Versus is out. Ill never anticipate a game like this again. The 'Pls be payshun' is the thing that upsets the fans the most. NO MOAR Lightning please. Thanks SE.

Also, how much hairlocks do you think Noctis will have? Because we all care about hairlocks ahum ahum. SE isnt a game developer company! Its a graphics and CGI movie company at this point. Games being Interactive movies is not how i play ball in Philly.
---
Its not unusual for Noctis to do ballet. http://i.imgur.com/xyWTX0e.gif
#2kenff6Posted 5/1/2013 5:18:58 AM
How do you play ball in Philly?
#3Bonesy777Posted 5/1/2013 6:52:42 AM
I probably wouldn't rule out Square Enix completely but I probably would rule out Final Fantasy if Versus turns out to be a disappointment. They still publish good games at least.
#4BurdicusPosted 5/1/2013 9:39:23 AM
I'm never going to rule out SE. Just because they have proven they are capable of publishing and developing CRAP doesn't mean that they aren't still capable of striking gold.

FFXIII was definitely the last SE game I ever will wait in line for the midnight release though. From then on, I do a little more research before making a blind SE purchase.
---
Currently playing: Ni No Kuni, Dragon's Dogma
Currently replaying: FFVIII, SotC
#5PillsberyDoeManPosted 5/1/2013 2:16:37 PM
Burdicus posted...
I'm never going to rule out SE. Just because they have proven they are capable of publishing and developing CRAP doesn't mean that they aren't still capable of striking gold.

and if v13 isn't gold?
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#6DrRockso87Posted 5/1/2013 5:01:09 PM
I'll rule out Square-Enix completely if everyone but Motomu Toriyama and Yoshinori Kitase are the only ones left within the company (Tetsuya Nomura, Hiroyuki Ito, Hajime Tabata, Eidos, etc. leave)

Until then, I'm still waiting patiently to play a Final Fantasy game on consoles that doesn't suck.
#7joshakasupaPosted 5/1/2013 5:33:02 PM
if versus comes out "rushed" whatsoever i will never play a 1st team SQE title again
although after 8 years (assuming it comes out 2014) it should be an incredibly polished game ^^
#8PillsberyDoeManPosted 5/1/2013 5:54:01 PM
joshakasupa posted...
if versus comes out "rushed" whatsoever i will never play a 1st team SQE title again
although after 8 years (assuming it comes out 2014) it should be an incredibly polished game ^^

unless they did something stupid like scrap everything they worked for on the ps3 and started from scratch for the ps4 (which is actually what some people think happened).
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#9thedude3637Posted 5/1/2013 6:56:59 PM
This game is kinda make or break it for me. I was obsessed with squaresoft titles on the SNES as a kid. I'd be chillin in class and daydreaming about playing my blockbuster rental of FFIII waiting for me back home. The good times kept on rollin ps1/ps2 titles as a teen.

The company has released mostly garbage since ff10/KH1, with the only exception being TWEWY. It's hard not to hate on a company that releases classics like FFT and follows up with a kiddie snowball fight sequels.

It's like watching an awful cover band and expecting it to sound comparable to the real group. It's not the music. It's the players.
---
HEY YOU CHECK OUT MY PERSONA 3 REMIX OF "MEMORIES OF A SCHOOL" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOhMuUzgtsA
#10FFT-FanPosted 5/1/2013 7:05:25 PM
I will rule them out if they quietly convert the game back to Command Synergy Battle (CSB) and make it a series of hallways like XIII, or if they release PS3 exclusive far too late for the PS3 to have any relevance. There's almost no reason if they aren't making it for PS4, to take till 2015-2016 to release the game. Unless it's going to be an extremely large game like skyrim. They may as well make it for PS4 if they aren't yet 50% complete, too much of the install base will move on by the middle of the next console generation. I've heard of some games releasing for PS2 a while after PS3/360's release, but I think those are usually lower budget games. I'd rule them out if they include disc locked dlc, required dlc to see the original ending, game breaking bugs, or if they don't actually have much content in the game. I don't believe we should have to show much leniency given the long development time. I'd also probably hate it if they add online multiplayer (not talking about co op), especially if they try to make it ripoff CoD or other online multiplayer centered games.