How long does it take you to completely rule out SE

#11reno385Posted 5/4/2013 4:31:30 PM
I don't know if I'll ever completely abandon SE. I feel like the FF franchise has made too big of an impact on me for me to just forget about it completely. That being said, at this point I don't expect SE to impress me anymore, and I've moved on enough that I just don't care anymore and there are other things I worry about. So I guess you could say I've put my hope in SE on the back burner.
#12RasukouPosted 5/4/2013 10:05:56 PM
Well, I've never liked Square Enix (or Squaresoft for that matter since I'm a newbie to the FF franchise), so in the first place, I can't really rule the company out completely.

I can begin to understand, though, the frustration that some of Squaresoft's veteran supporters feel when they see their favorite games being churned out (in inferior fashion) for eternity.
#13phillymo887Posted 5/5/2013 9:28:58 AM
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
joshakasupa posted...
if versus comes out "rushed" whatsoever i will never play a 1st team SQE title again
although after 8 years (assuming it comes out 2014) it should be an incredibly polished game ^^

unless they did something stupid like scrap everything they worked for on the ps3 and started from scratch for the ps4 (which is actually what some people think happened).

who actually thinks they would have started from scratch to make a ps4 version if that's really even what they are doing?
#14Lelouch71Posted 5/5/2013 11:40:20 AM
Sir_Tom_Jones posted...
I guess everyone will finally move on and take SE with a lesser grain of salt after this. Or are you guys done with SE after this? Im sure there are some, no?

Its funny how Versus is nearly making us go apes***. The gameplay trailer shows only 5% of the game but it looks so amazing. Yet we're still here, anticipating. Good job SE. You've kept us under your spell.

Really, if Versus is out. Ill never anticipate a game like this again. The 'Pls be payshun' is the thing that upsets the fans the most. NO MOAR Lightning please. Thanks SE.

Also, how much hairlocks do you think Noctis will have? Because we all care about hairlocks ahum ahum. SE isnt a game developer company! Its a graphics and CGI movie company at this point. Games being Interactive movies is not how i play ball in Philly.

Versus isn't making me go ape ****. I don't go crazy over any video game. So you can only speak for yourself and a few others. Also SE always been about graphics. It's funny you would even say that when I've been hearing that complaint since FFX in its prime.

I would "rule" out SE only if they stop making games that interest me. So far they haven't. So they will continue to get my attention. If they ever do stop making games that appeal to me then I will stop. Fortunately, I'm a far bigger fan of some other jrpgs than I am of FF. I always believe FF isn't the pinnacle of jrpgs. In fact, I think the series overrated by the fans despite being one of my favorite jrpgs series.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#15JiggsMasterPosted 5/5/2013 12:41:06 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
Sir_Tom_Jones posted...
I guess everyone will finally move on and take SE with a lesser grain of salt after this. Or are you guys done with SE after this? Im sure there are some, no?

Its funny how Versus is nearly making us go apes***. The gameplay trailer shows only 5% of the game but it looks so amazing. Yet we're still here, anticipating. Good job SE. You've kept us under your spell.

Really, if Versus is out. Ill never anticipate a game like this again. The 'Pls be payshun' is the thing that upsets the fans the most. NO MOAR Lightning please. Thanks SE.

Also, how much hairlocks do you think Noctis will have? Because we all care about hairlocks ahum ahum. SE isnt a game developer company! Its a graphics and CGI movie company at this point. Games being Interactive movies is not how i play ball in Philly.

Versus isn't making me go ape ****. I don't go crazy over any video game. So you can only speak for yourself and a few others. Also SE always been about graphics. It's funny you would even say that when I've been hearing that complaint since FFX in its prime.

I would "rule" out SE only if they stop making games that interest me. So far they haven't. So they will continue to get my attention. If they ever do stop making games that appeal to me then I will stop. Fortunately, I'm a far bigger fan of some other jrpgs than I am of FF. I always believe FF isn't the pinnacle of jrpgs. In fact, I think the series overrated by the fans despite being one of my favorite jrpgs series.

This
---
When Rice gives you lemons, you squirt them in her eyes
Official JiggsMaster of the Series Ruining Pokemon X Board
#16BurdicusPosted 5/6/2013 10:29:58 AM
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
Burdicus posted...
I'm never going to rule out SE. Just because they have proven they are capable of publishing and developing CRAP doesn't mean that they aren't still capable of striking gold.

and if v13 isn't gold?

I'm not saying it will be. I'm just saying they are still a big game developer and publishing company, they are capable of great things.

For example, I'm thankful they published Nier, Deus Ex, and Tomb Raider. Capcom is perfectly capable of making garbage as well, but I recently picked up Dragon's Dogma and I'm loving it. Most people argue that Level 5's White Knight Chronicals franchise was a bust, but Ni No Kuni is great...

My point is that I will judge an individual title by it's contents, not by it's publisher or developer.
---
Currently playing: Ni No Kuni, Dragon's Dogma
Currently replaying: FFVIII, SotC
#17RagirothPosted 5/6/2013 10:50:42 AM
I think the one that'll kinda make me ignore SE, is if Nomura leaves it. He probably makes most of my favorite things from it.
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#18Seiko_NurashimaPosted 5/10/2013 2:22:07 AM
FFT-Fan posted...
I will rule them out if they quietly convert the game back to Command Synergy Battle (CSB) and make it a series of hallways like XIII, or if they release PS3 exclusive far too late for the PS3 to have any relevance. There's almost no reason if they aren't making it for PS4, to take till 2015-2016 to release the game. Unless it's going to be an extremely large game like skyrim. They may as well make it for PS4 if they aren't yet 50% complete, too much of the install base will move on by the middle of the next console generation. I've heard of some games releasing for PS2 a while after PS3/360's release, but I think those are usually lower budget games. I'd rule them out if they include disc locked dlc, required dlc to see the original ending, game breaking bugs, or if they don't actually have much content in the game. I don't believe we should have to show much leniency given the long development time. I'd also probably hate it if they add online multiplayer (not talking about co op), especially if they try to make it ripoff CoD or other online multiplayer centered games.

Vs will hopefully be released this year or next year in which case it will still have relevance the ps4 is gonna be expensive on release and the ps3 will have a much larger base for a couple years so ps3 will be relevanf at least till 2015 probably depending how long it takes technology to advance to make the ps4 cheaper. That and if Sony continues with their current plans everyome will need their ps3s to play their ps3 games >.>