so final fantasy 14 comes out this summer...

#1Ikaru_Posted 5/1/2013 3:23:39 PM(edited)
why would the average consumer
even consider buying part 13?

I am just imagining a scenario ,where a regular kid or person
it's going to make a decision and sees ff14 next to ff13v...why on earth would he get an "outdated" version of that game?

especially if ff13 comes out a year later
the dad would be like "look son this is ff14 for 13.99" at (game stop) why pay 60.00 for part 13?

sorry I am board.
#2Asd202Posted 5/1/2013 3:38:27 PM
I would ask who is stupid enough to buy a subscription MMO on a console on which it will run like crap.
#3Xillia26Posted 5/1/2013 3:49:34 PM
FYI, this is an MMORPG. That's MMORPG to the RPG-challenged

Versus XIII is an offline RPG. Why would I buy FFXIV? I'd rather play an offline RPG.
#4FFT-FanPosted 5/1/2013 6:42:51 PM
I think the box should indicate that it's a MMO, also I think lately it's becoming more and more neccesary even for the average consumer to research every game before you buy. Too much stuff like SWTOR, Dragon Age 2, original FFXIV, FFXIII, Diablo 3 which I don't think provide the level of quality they would have you expect. I don't think it releases this summer, looks like beta still. http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/05/01/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-launches-this-summer
Hoping they get done soon, aren't they using some of Nomura's versus dev team for XIV now to help with the relaunch?
#5ExentrykPosted 5/1/2013 8:20:54 PM
Might release in late August or early September. Yoshi P said that the release will be before October.
Release date will be announced after 20th of May.

They are showing the Arcanist video around E3, and may even announce a PS4 version then. Let's just hope this isn't the PS4 FF Hashimoto was talking about :P
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#6PillsberyDoeManPosted 5/2/2013 12:20:39 AM
FFT-Fan posted...
also I think lately it's becoming more and more neccesary even for the average consumer to research every game before you buy. Too much stuff like SWTOR, Dragon Age 2, original FFXIV, FFXIII, Diablo 3 which I don't think provide the level of quality they would have you expect.

amen to that. i stopped buying games that aren't a "must purchase" for me sometime in 2011. i support the games that i really look forward too, but for everything else, i wait for a price drop. IF that "price dropped game" exceeds my expectations and has a sequel, i will buy it on day one.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#7zombie_basher13Posted 5/2/2013 1:05:47 AM
It says "FF XIV ONLINE" right there on the box.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#8IppynPosted 5/2/2013 9:32:50 AM
You need to work on your spelling mate.
#9CranberryTacoPosted 5/2/2013 10:14:54 AM
Asd202 posted...
I would ask who is stupid enough to buy a subscription MMO on a console on which it will run like crap.

Im positive they're testing it more than once on the console so it will run better. These beta tests arent there for nothing. I will subscribe in the first month to try it out. The only thing im sceptical about is the battle mechanics. It looks too monotonic like your regular MMO.
---
Slick Musician /DJ/ [>R&B> NU Jack Swing >House>UK Music> Dubstep is where it went wrong
#10Rose_of_MayPosted 5/2/2013 11:48:09 AM
I applaud the new director/producer for how he's keeping fans updated on FFXIV. I'd love to show my support for his efforts but I don't have that kind of time anymore. FFXI was the last MMORPG that I could dedicate my waking hours to.