[SPOILERS] It is taking so long for Versus XIII to come out ...

#1SeeD-LWPosted 5/2/2013 9:18:56 PM
... that even the Goddess of the Dead herself has died.

Corny, alright. But goddamn, would they release something about this game already?! If it flunked, so be it -- we all move to FFXV and be done with it. But this is a second Duke Nukem Forever.
#2gtaking5Posted 5/3/2013 4:49:02 PM
DNF was 15 years of development. Versus is 6 or 7 years of development, with only 2 being full development(meaning it wasn't priority until late 2011. This was announced a few weeks near the GTA V announcement)
---
Serious people are funny to me
Funny people seem so serious
#3dantes_banePosted 5/3/2013 6:57:52 PM
DNF was 15 years of development. Versus is 6 or 7 years of development, with only 2 being full development(meaning it wasn't priority until late 2011. This was announced a few weeks near the GTA V announcement)

If you were looking forward to this game back in '06, there's little difference between something being in development 6-7 years and 15 years. Once you get past like 3-4 years, it's all the same - a long-ass time.
#4gtaking5Posted 5/3/2013 7:21:03 PM

If you were looking forward to this game back in '06, there's little difference between something being in development 6-7 years and 15 years. Once you get past like 3-4 years, it's all the same - a long-ass time.

Still not as long as 15 damn years. But I get your point. Don't announce games unless you are sure the release date isn't a decade(or nearly) away.
---
It doesn’t seem as she’ll be back, there are no signs and she lost track
The fireflies are since long gone and she can’t find her way home
#5SeeD-LW(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 5:56:26 AM
I'm calling it here, that Versus XIII is gonna get rebranded - hell, it might even be a whole new game and devs will later write on the Ultimania, "hey, remember Versus XIII? Yeah, we canceled it and moved everyone on the project to this game but people were still hoping to see it, so we made up that this game is Versus XIII."

Or some such.

Really ... they're gonna develop it now for the PS4. PS4 hasn't even been launched yet; we don't even know what the console looks like, let alone the specs! (Devs are similarly in the dark, it seems so far)

And then you have that problem of consistency with FNC mythology. Lightning is already blazing through the whole thing - Time itself got obliterated, Bhunivelze wakes up (if you've seen the mythology video, you know the world is really screwed up if THIS guy emerges from crystal stasis), new world coming up soon and ... "oh wait, there was supposed to be this dark, gritty, modern fantasy in the far future of the setting. Oops."

And, really ... Etro's already dead (that means no more Door to the Afterlife). The whole premise of the Versus XIII trailer gets shot with that statement. (And if you don't want to play along with that internal consistency, well ... why would you bother using the FNC material then? Best to start from scratch, then.)

Sad, because a modern-looking RPG with L'Cie-magic was looking to be awesome.
#6RasukouPosted 5/8/2013 6:24:02 AM
SeeD-LW posted...
I'm calling it here, that Versus XIII is gonna get rebranded - hell, it might even be a whole new game and devs will later write on the Ultimania, "hey, remember Versus XIII? Yeah, we canceled it and moved everyone on the project to this game but people were still hoping to see it, so we made up that this game is Versus XIII."

Or some such.

Really ... they're gonna develop it now for the PS4. PS4 hasn't even been launched yet; we don't even know what the console looks like, let alone the specs! (Devs are similarly in the dark, it seems so far)

And then you have that problem of consistency with FNC mythology. Lightning is already blazing through the whole thing - Time itself got obliterated, Bhunivelze wakes up (if you've seen the mythology video, you know the world is really screwed up if THIS guy emerges from crystal stasis), new world coming up soon and ... "oh wait, there was supposed to be this dark, gritty, modern fantasy in the far future of the setting. Oops."

And, really ... Etro's already dead (that means no more Door to the Afterlife). The whole premise of the Versus XIII trailer gets shot with that statement. (And if you don't want to play along with that internal consistency, well ... why would you bother using the FNC material then? Best to start from scratch, then.)

I thought these FNC games have nothing to do with each other except for the mythology. Meaning, what happens in FFXIII doesn't affect the course of events in Versus and vice versa (and if you want to throw Type-0 into the mix...).

Then again, it's been so long that the information given in 2006 or around that time may not be applicable anymore.
#7DarylTheDeerPosted 5/16/2013 9:16:39 AM
I don't really think they have a connection. The only connection is that their both based on the same mythology. The FNC.. Their story's do not connect..
Even if they did, I actually think XIII is set far in the furture, while Versus is in a time like ours.
But still. The story's do not connect. Their based on the mythology and that's it. The only connection. Etro doesn't or haven't died in Versus, just because it happened in XIII-2.
It's Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Nomura said the reason for it not being a numbered title is because it was just unfitting to be a numbered Final Fantasy
"He wanted to make the game- "about man in the real world"- and thus included less fantasy elements, resulting in what he described as the darkest entry in the series. He acknowledged that a story focus on human emotions may narrow the target audience, but considered the time right to take such a risk and conceived the characters as believable humans one could meet in real life "

It's not because the stories are connected that it's called Versus XIII. It's because it's based on the same mythology and it's because it's unfitting as a numbered title. It's different, also with a more fast-paced combat system.

Even though it's different it does look like one of the best games ever already xD
We should wait for E3. I think it even might show up as a numbered title, Maybe called Final Fantasy XVersus xD
If it doesn't show up at E3, i'll give up. I'll stop waiting and looking for anything new until I one day stumble across it and hear that it's coming out.
Nah, I aint doing that xD
#8rapius002Posted 5/16/2013 10:43:08 AM
SeeD-LW posted...

Or some such.

Whoa whoa whoa. Calm.your horses. Versus XIII was only in pre-production before September of 2011. It did not get started full production until after that. Along with that, who says it has gone PS4? There has been no official announcements so quit jumping at rumors. Also, who cares if Etro is dead? These games are not linked in story, only mythology, meaning Etro can be alive in Versus XIII all they want. They do not share the same story or background or worlds or dimensions or any of that. Also, who cares how long it takes to come out? Duke Nukem Forever turned out the way it did because it changed teams a few times, was rebuilt from the ground up, changed publishing partners, changed direction and style so much. We have none of that with Versus as it has only actively been worked on for 2 years. So calm.down.