#1peonusPosted 5/5/2013 4:09:51 PM
Because I want to read that light novel if it is. :<
#2adnancool13Posted 5/5/2013 4:29:14 PM
pls I would have already read it.
---
The Official Chauffeur of the Versus XIII Board
#3RasukouPosted 5/5/2013 4:34:58 PM
Not to my knowledge.

If you want a coming-of-age story (which I think Versus will be, to some extent), try Great Expectations by Charles Dickens if you haven't read it already. It's great.

And for that matter, why not read (or re-read) Hamlet?
#4PillsberyDoeManPosted 5/6/2013 2:03:41 AM
Rasukou posted...
And for that matter, why not read (or re-read) Hamlet?

lol, i was gonna say something like that. if there's anywhere you wanna start, it's probably with Shakespearean stories.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#5CranberryTacoPosted 5/6/2013 2:41:51 AM
Suppose to be influenced by Shakespeare so yeah.

Im more worried about if it will actually be as mature as the game seems and not as kiddy as the Lightning games.
---
Slick Musician /DJ/ [>R&B> NU Jack Swing >House>UK Music> Dubstep is where it went wrong
#6Graham_ChapmanPosted 5/6/2013 9:52:31 AM
Rasukou posted...
If you want a coming-of-age story (which I think Versus will be, to some extent), try Great Expectations by Charles Dickens if you haven't read it already. It's great.

A friend of mine said that it wasn't as great as he expected it to be. Me, I expect it'll be bad, so I won't read it.

As for FFvsXIII as a coming-of-age story... Maybe. I mean, it's possible, (but then again everything is possible,) though likely not probable. If it IS a coming-of-age story, it better be as jaw dropping as FLCL. At least.
---
I'M IN DESPAIR!!! THE SEVEN YEARS FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII HAS BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT HAVE LEFT ME IN DESPAIR!!!
#7RasukouPosted 5/6/2013 11:25:44 AM
Graham_Chapman posted...
Rasukou posted...

A friend of mine said that it wasn't as great as he expected it to be. Me, I expect it'll be bad, so I won't read it.

As for FFvsXIII as a coming-of-age story... Maybe. I mean, it's possible, (but then again everything is possible,) though likely not probable. If it IS a coming-of-age story, it better be as jaw dropping as FLCL. At least.

He probably thought it's incredibly boring, which I admit, it can be, frequently. XD And the ending, depending on the person you ask, is either weird or unsatisfying... but the novel is written so well, so I forgive Dickens and Pip.

I have only heard of FLCL in passing, so I don't know much about it.
#8firegod69Posted 5/7/2013 8:13:17 AM
FLCL is a OVA
Its famous for being an incomprehensible mind**** your first watch and then when you have the intelligence to understand whats going on in it you realize its just a crappy show
#9Graham_ChapmanPosted 5/7/2013 3:16:00 PM
Rasukou posted...
He probably thought it's incredibly boring, which I admit, it can be, frequently. XD And the ending, depending on the person you ask, is either weird or unsatisfying... but the novel is written so well, so I forgive Dickens and Pip.

I have only heard of FLCL in passing, so I don't know much about it.

Yup, sounds like something he'd think. Considering the fact that he did have great expectations of the read, I think it's safe to assume it simply didn't live up to his expectations.

/watch?v=gl14LjKysW0 ...Give it until about 3:30 and then just lean back and enjoy the trip. Most of it has been removed from that channel, only the first episode is complete, but it's not too difficult to find the rest of it elsewhere if you just look around. Also, it's just 6 episodes long, so you don't waste away all too much of your life watching it.

firegod69 posted...
FLCL is a OVA
Its famous for being an incomprehensible mind**** your first watch and then when you have the intelligence to understand whats going on in it you realize its just a crappy show

To each his own, I think it's an extraordinarily entertaining show even with all the mindscrews and Freudian imagery and symbolism deconstructed. If nothing else it's as much a feast for the eyes as an art student's orgasm.
---
I'M IN DESPAIR!!! THE SEVEN YEARS FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII HAS BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT HAVE LEFT ME IN DESPAIR!!!
#10gtaking5Posted 5/7/2013 5:44:17 PM
So if Versus was based on an LN, what would the title be? I'm not witty enough to think up a proper name. And I don't even think we have enough info about the story to create an LN name just yet. Anyone wanna try though?
---
Let the blind lead the blind,
'Cause it's eye for an eye, we all fall down