Y'know, I really think this game will show up at E3...

#1theofficefan99Posted 5/5/2013 6:36:41 PM
I really think Versus XIII will show up at E3 this year. Finally.

Think about it.

Remember the Noctis cologne? It's slated for a summer release.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48169794&postcount=566

"Hi! We are still working on it! All I can tell you that it will be available for purchase around this summer perhaps!"

Why release merchandise for a game that hasn't had new footage released for it in 2 1/2 years? The only way that'd make sense is if there was a big reveal at E3 to put it back in the spotlight, and thus, the merchandise will sell.

Plus, we just had Nomura state that the game has a set date for the next reveal, so I think E3 is very, very likely.

Anyone else agree?

****Only 36 days until Sony's Press Conference!****
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2Panda_KunPosted 5/5/2013 6:42:57 PM
Disagree.
---
J-fielding95- Guurrl, you so racist.
You, who taste worse than s***, can keep eating s*** until you turn to s*** yourself."
#3theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 6:46:42 PM
Panda_Kun posted...
Disagree.

And why is that? Is it just because of being burned a million times in the past? :p

Well, I'm with ya there, buddy, but I really have high hopes this time.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#4kenff6Posted 5/5/2013 7:00:33 PM
Can you please explain how the cologne is slated for a summer release when the quote says "perhaps"? It sounds like there's no set release date for the cologne which is exactly what's going on with Versus itself.

And even if the cologne were to be released soon, it means nothing. You can try to logically speculate but SE hasn't been very logical for years now.
#5RasukouPosted 5/5/2013 7:11:11 PM
kenff6 posted...
Can you please explain how the cologne is slated for a summer release when the quote says "perhaps"? It sounds like there's no set release date for the cologne which is exactly what's going on with Versus itself.

I agree. Except for the latter part of the last sentence. ;P

Also, maybe SE will shut all of us up by presenting tons of new information at the Sony Press Conference and then staying silent about Versus during E3. That'd be cool and better than no information at either Sony or E3.
#6RasukouPosted 5/5/2013 7:11:39 PM
Panda_Kun posted...
Disagree.

You could at least defend your post . . .
#7ExentrykPosted 5/5/2013 7:15:51 PM
Who knows. If Nomura feels that E3 is not the right time to show off Versus, they'll just hold off on the perfume release. No big deal.

But Aryllies did say that some activity has started within the SE camp, and it may be related to Versus. So, we may end up getting something at E3 afterall.
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#8VersusXIIIonPS4Posted 5/5/2013 7:18:41 PM
I WISH I had your optimism, bedpan99.
#9Kumori_no_YoruPosted 5/5/2013 7:22:05 PM
They've released products for games not yet released before. I remember they released tumblers for FFXIII and Versus long before XIII itself was out, amongst a few other products.
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Tomb Raider
#10theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 7:24:25 PM
kenff6 posted...

And even if the cologne were to be released soon, it means nothing. You can try to logically speculate but SE hasn't been very logical for years now.

Well because maybe they don't want to give it away? >.> I'm not sure. But it heavily implies a summer release.

And yeah, that's the biggest argument anyone can have against my OP: SE, or logic. Pick one.

Fortunately with Wada out of the picture, though, perhaps SE will be less stupid.
---