Please Mr. Nomura, just a little information...

#11RasukouPosted 5/7/2013 4:54:13 PM
Graham_Chapman posted...
Rasukou posted...
Just completely forget that Versus was announced in 2006, recognize that its "legitimate" reveal was in 2011, and there you have it. Just a little over 2 years of waiting. Now that isn't so bad, is it? I'm pretty sure SE didn't do much from 2006-2010 regarding Versus, so that's why I point this out.

I feel the need to point out that the first in-game footage was shown at TGS 2010 and the game's development allegedly began in November 2005, half-a-year before its initial unveiling. (It was announced that the game had entered full-development in September 2011, though, maybe that's what you're talking about?)

About the TGS 2010 event, yes, I remember that, but if nothing else, it was simply a prelude to the 2011 trailer, I think.

I didn't say that Square Enix hasn't done anything with Versus between 2006 (or 2005) to 2010 but rather I suspect that nothing much had been done, not only because nothing substantial was shown but because FFXIII and FFXIV seemed to be bigger priorities that may have overshadowed Versus in many aspects. I'm not blatantly trying to lie or feed people "feel-good" statements grounded on baseless claims, and I'm not claiming that my conjectures are entirely accurate, either. That would be a foolish claim to make and a fruitless endeavor at that.

I was referring to the 1st Production Department event as the "legitimate" reveal and thus the "starting point" of the 2-year wait. And I was only slightly kidding when I said to forget about the fact that Versus was announced in 2006. I apologize for not explaining my comment more clearly.
#12steepcirclePosted 5/7/2013 5:15:42 PM(edited)
While I don't hate SE, versus XIII has been the FF I've looked most forward too. I know the game has only been in fully development for around 2 years, but in that time, they could have at least shown a few screen shots :/. Trailers and CMVs take time and money and effort to put together, but it's not so hard to put a couple pictures up on facebook or something.

The lack of information is what bothers me the most, not necessarily the long wait for the game v.v
---
Conrad Verner: "My wife was really supportive. She even paid for my shuttle fare off-world."
Matriarch Aethyta: *facepalm*
#13Nextgengamer666Posted 5/7/2013 5:22:31 PM
"Please be excited for E3."
---
CP: Ni no Kuni, KH HD 1.5 Remix, Catherine
Awaiting: The Last of Us, GTA V, FFX/X-2 Remaster, Batman: Arkham Origins, Final Fantasy Versus XIII
#14squall9126(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 6:32:51 PM
I took the development time right off the wikipedia page and unless someone has been actively messing with the page (like i do with Casey Hudson's page cause he's a douche) it's pretty damn accurate. Yes squeenix said versus didn't go into full development till 2011 but what the hell were they doing for the 5 years since they announced it, sitting in their office with their fingers up their butts. I really don't think they're using their time wisely because 90% of video games aren't announced 7+ years before their release date.

Versus is really the only thing i'm still waiting on from SE and if it tanks i'll be sad. I've played every final fantasy except 11 and 14 because MMO's are just time sinks and i use enough time with the games i already play. i wasn't too happy with 12 and 13 and haven't even tried 13-2 and that really bothers me because growing up i was always excited when a new ff was coming out. I just wish we'd get more info because i'm starting to get an ulcer every time this game is even mentioned in passing.
---
PSN : Squall9126, XBL GAMERTAG : Squall9126
"By the power of all that is evil, i command you to awaken, and make me a sandwich!"
#15RasukouPosted 5/9/2013 6:52:54 PM
Well, Hashimoto-san did tell us to be excited for E3. Last time I checked the dictionary, excited means excited. So, I'll feel excited for E3. It's the least we can do: give SQEX the benefit of the doubt.
#16Graham_ChapmanPosted 5/10/2013 4:47:10 AM
Rasukou posted...
Graham_Chapman posted...
Rasukou posted...
Just completely forget that Versus was announced in 2006, recognize that its "legitimate" reveal was in 2011, and there you have it. Just a little over 2 years of waiting. Now that isn't so bad, is it? I'm pretty sure SE didn't do much from 2006-2010 regarding Versus, so that's why I point this out.

I feel the need to point out that the first in-game footage was shown at TGS 2010 and the game's development allegedly began in November 2005, half-a-year before its initial unveiling. (It was announced that the game had entered full-development in September 2011, though, maybe that's what you're talking about?)

About the TGS 2010 event, yes, I remember that, but if nothing else, it was simply a prelude to the 2011 trailer, I think.

I didn't say that Square Enix hasn't done anything with Versus between 2006 (or 2005) to 2010 but rather I suspect that nothing much had been done, not only because nothing substantial was shown but because FFXIII and FFXIV seemed to be bigger priorities that may have overshadowed Versus in many aspects. I'm not blatantly trying to lie or feed people "feel-good" statements grounded on baseless claims, and I'm not claiming that my conjectures are entirely accurate, either. That would be a foolish claim to make and a fruitless endeavor at that.

I was referring to the 1st Production Department event as the "legitimate" reveal and thus the "starting point" of the 2-year wait. And I was only slightly kidding when I said to forget about the fact that Versus was announced in 2006. I apologize for not explaining my comment more clearly.

Well, it pretty much was, so...

Gooood. Just making sure the hopes of this board have no chance of going out of hand... Bwahahahahahahahahaaah!

It's fine... I kinda wish I could do it your way and just, I dunno... "ignore" the 5 other development years... *sigh*
---
I'M IN DESPAIR!!! THE SEVEN YEARS FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII HAS BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT HAVE LEFT ME IN DESPAIR!!!
#17CranberryTacoPosted 5/10/2013 5:18:31 AM
Square Enix just will not listen if they're being asked for updates. People have been trying it for years. Square Enix is a JOKE! They may be a development company but they are still a blatant JOKE.
---
Slick Musician /DJ/ [>R&B> NU Jack Swing >House>UK Music> Dubstep is where it went wrong
#18squall9126(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 11:01:49 PM
a representative from squeenix saying be excited for e3 is like someone telling you to be excited for monday, my weekend is over and i have to go back to work. more secretive bullcrap.
---
PSN : Squall9126, XBL GAMERTAG : Squall9126
"By the power of all that is evil, i command you to awaken, and make me a sandwich!"
#19SteelCurtain17Posted 5/11/2013 7:19:33 AM
I'm on my last leg with SE........if they keep up their practices I will definitely be spending my money elsewhere
---
Born a Steelers, Reds, and Hoosiers Fan!!!!!! PSN- Cotner84