Is Kaiji Tang voice acting a Final Fantasy game, Versus maybe?

#1Rose_of_MayPosted 5/15/2013 1:37:48 PM(edited)
English voice actor, Kaiji Tang, ( he does Sima Zhoa in Dynasty Warriors and Jann Lee in DOA ) mentioned that he's doing voice work for a "JRPG he can't talk about". He's under NDA so he couldn't go into details BUT here's what he did say:

All he knows is that the JRPG is for the PS3, ( not multiplatform, so that scratches out Lightning's Third)
It's out this year
He's voicing a new character in this series
He wears a tattoo on his wrist of the character but it's "tribalized" so he's waiting for someone to reckonize it
When asked if the game is "cool" he responded by saying that it is and that it's one of his favorite JRPG series.

Now listen carefully at his response @ 55:18/19. He began saying it's "my favorite F"...before hesitating and saying he doesn't know if that will be saying too much.

The secret JRPG conversation begins around 54 minutes in and ends around 57. Listen to it here: http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13222031/Podcast/Episode%2056%20Kaiji%20Tangisode.mp3#_=_
#2SkyrimDawnguardPosted 5/15/2013 1:55:29 PM
All these speculations is making my poor little head hurt. =(
#3Kouuta-KunPosted 5/15/2013 1:56:35 PM
Begins with F. Well, surely there are other JRPGS that begins with F?
---
"...Once again, this isn't alcohol. Are you a pack of imbeciles!?"
The Official 'Ichiban no Shiritsu Tantei' Of Every Board
#4ValorZraykPosted 5/15/2013 1:58:24 PM
I don't think he was about to say "It's my favorite Final Fantasy," because I doubt that he has actually played the game yet. He was probably going to say "fighting" "first person" or something else that describes the game more specifically than jrpg.
---
Kingdom Hearts: 3D>BbS>1>Days>Coded>ReCOM>2 >CoM
Final Fantasy: 10>13>7>12>6>4>1>2>10-2
#5Kouuta-KunPosted 5/15/2013 1:58:49 PM
Anyhow, we're jumping to conclusions again. Like always.
---
"...Once again, this isn't alcohol. Are you a pack of imbeciles!?"
The Official 'Ichiban no Shiritsu Tantei' Of Every Board
#6Rose_of_May(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 2:44:44 PM(edited)
ValorZrayk posted...
I don't think he was about to say "It's my favorite Final Fantasy," because I doubt that he has actually played the game yet. He was probably going to say "fighting" "first person" or something else that describes the game more specifically than jrpg.

He said he's working on a JRPG, not a fighting game, not a fps. The reporter asked him if it was a cool game and Tang first replied "the jrpg that i can't talk about?" then agreed that it is a cool game. It's a game that's part of one of his favorite jrpg series.

You guys could at least listen to it before posting. It's only three minutes.
#7PillsberyDoeManPosted 5/15/2013 3:08:59 PM
Rose_of_May posted...
It's out this year

automatically discounts versus. =/
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#8ValorZraykPosted 5/15/2013 3:09:32 PM
Rose_of_May posted...
ValorZrayk posted...

He said he's working on a JRPG, not a fighting game, not a fps. The reporter asked him if it was a cool game and Tang first replied "the jrpg that i can't talk about?" then agreed that it is a cool game. It's a game that's part of one of his favorite jrpg series.

You guys could at least listen to it before posting. It's only three minutes.

I did listen to it.

Do you think he has played the specific game (not the series in geneal) he is working on? If this is v13 he would only have said "It's my favorite Final Fantasy," if he has already played the game, and voice actors don't normally play the game until it comes out.

I never said fps, I said first person. There are first person rpgs out there, so it is certainly possible that he was about to say "It's my favorite first person rpg". Although the term action-rpg is more common, I have heard people say fighting-rpg. I'm not of a fan of the Tales series, but if one might be coming out this year, he could be talking about that. Tales could be referred to as a fighting-rpg. I'm not saying he was about to say fighting or first person, but he probably wasn't about to say final fantasy, because he probably hasn't yet played the game he is working on, only the series.
---
Kingdom Hearts: 3D>BbS>1>Days>Coded>ReCOM>2 >CoM
Final Fantasy: 10>13>7>12>6>4>1>2>10-2
#9ZendaikPosted 5/15/2013 3:19:15 PM
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
Rose_of_May posted...
It's out this year

automatically discounts versus. =/

Pretty much, unless that's just what he thinks.

Doubt it's Versus though.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#10ExentrykPosted 5/15/2013 5:19:41 PM
Damn! Can't listen to it for another 10 hours or so. Anyone have those 3 mins transcribed?
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.