Square Enix has an announcement to make next week.

#1Rose_of_MayPosted 5/18/2013 4:28:52 AM
That timing.

SE is teasing a new announcement next week which could tie in with Microsoft's Next Xbox reveal.

I know. I've been such a tease. But next week...the smoke will clear.
The sheet is lifted.
The windows will be.... squeegeed.
You get it.

https://twitter.com/SQEX_EVENTS/statuses/335584030827364353
#2HeyItsZantPosted 5/18/2013 4:51:39 AM
All The Bravest 2
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYkmn347wsY
#3marko7Posted 5/18/2013 5:32:38 AM
Remake of FFIV
---
Ruler of the FF Agito XIII Boards 2011-2013
The Official Creator of the Noctis Orgy on the FF Versus XIII Boards
#4Asd202Posted 5/18/2013 6:36:23 AM
FF XIV trailer with release date.
#5Panda_KunPosted 5/18/2013 7:35:15 AM
"The windows..."

>Microsoft. Windows.

Yup.
---
The Official Yancham Of Every Board
"You who taste like s*** can keep eating s*** until you turn to s*** yourself."
#6KaibatenPosted 5/18/2013 8:21:25 AM
Thief 4
That new Hitman game by Square Enix Montreal
Rumored Legacy of Kain reboot by Crystal Dynamics

Whatever it is, it's not gonna be Japanese if it's at the Xbox reveal.

That said, I'm sure Sony has some sort of ace up their sleeves to steal Microsoft's thunder after the reveal, and Versus XIII would be a pretty big ace. But that's just wishful thinking.
#761degreesPosted 5/18/2013 9:43:44 AM
This is getting really interesting. I just hope it's not an xbox exclusive.. cos i dont plan to buy a 360 or even get the next xbox. If it's on both, i dont care. as long as it comes to PS..
#8MagnaderAlphaPosted 5/18/2013 6:19:22 PM
Kaibaten posted...
Thief 4
That new Hitman game by Square Enix Montreal
Rumored Legacy of Kain reboot by Crystal Dynamics

Whatever it is, it's not gonna be Japanese if it's at the Xbox reveal.

That said, I'm sure Sony has some sort of ace up their sleeves to steal Microsoft's thunder after the reveal, and Versus XIII would be a pretty big ace. But that's just wishful thinking.

From that list, the only one that I'd love(KILL FOR) would be a Legacy of Kain reboot. As long as it's kept in a similar tone as the original series(dark fantasy, medieval-like world) and not "rebooted to fit modern audiences", bringing LoK to the MTV-gen with badass rebels, heroes with leather pants, one-liners and dubstep.

On NeoGAF, they had a thread asking why there aren't that many good vampire games anymore. I agree, I'd love more vampire themed games. I think the only real biggies now are the Castlevania: Lord of Shadows games. LoK making a come back would be much welcomed(though seeing a new Vampire: The Masquerade game in the vein of Bloodlines could be killer too. Hell, a brand new vampire IP, just for the hell of it. Start up something new, like the Bloodrayne did a generation ago. An awesome vampire hero(anti-hero), lots of blood and monsters. After what Twilight and modern depictions have done to the vampire mythos, let gaming turn the tides and bring the badass, horrific and gory aspects of vampires back to pop culture.

That aside, I'm with the guy who said it's going to be another remake of FFIV! LOL!
#9FFT-FanPosted 5/18/2013 10:12:02 PM
Asd202 posted...
FF XIV trailer with release date.

PS4 launch version of FFXIV:ARR planned, and first expansion for FFXIV:ARR announced, with possible trailer/screenshot/teaser please be excited