If this game is set in the same universe as FF13

#1JM_14_GOWPosted 5/20/2013 8:24:01 AM
then does that mean that the characters will have some sort of crystarium system? seeing as this is fabulla nova cristallis.
---
Psn: Jigsaw1621
Looking Forward To: The Last of Us, GTAV & MGSV
#2rapius002Posted 5/20/2013 8:46:21 AM
The FNC just states a common mythology with different interpretations. It does not mean a crystarium for all the games. Type-0 did not have a crystarium (from what I know).
#3JM_14_GOW(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 10:40:11 AM
Obviously not the same crystarium system, but wouldn't being in the same universe mean that the characters are l'cie? They gain their powers from fal'cie?
---
Psn: Jigsaw1621
Looking Forward To: The Last of Us, GTAV & MGSV
#4shadowSEXilPosted 5/20/2013 11:10:08 AM
These characters gain their powers from crystals iirc.
---
I eat cereal for breakfast with 1% milk.
#5MagnaderAlphaPosted 5/20/2013 11:12:54 AM
L'Cie are different in each FNC game. L'Cie in FFXIII are not defined the SAME, with the same attributes and powers as the ones in Type-0, and Versus will likely do the same thing. I mean, each game is an alternate interpretation of the mythology. In FFXIII, l'Cie were branded by fal'Cie, given a focus and can use Eidolons, but their life span is limited due to the ticking timer that l'Cies must complete a focus in a said amount of time or turn into a Cieth. Type-0, l'Cie are branded by crystals(basically, they are like the old FF crystals) and become immortal(they stop aging). The can wield great powers, but don't have the handicap as the FFXIII l'Cie, and if they don't complete their focus, they just continue living as immortals(until they complete it). Versus, from what I've heard, l'Cies aren't branded by a fal'Cie nor Crystal, but are those who see the light that comes through from the "World of the Dead"(people who pass through Etro's Gate, I assume), and those who see this light are granted special powers(considered "blessed").

Also, Eidolons, in FFXIII, have some deep connection to each l'Cie and are Etro's minions. Type-0, they are called Wargods, and they have no connection to any specific l'Cie, nor Etro.

I mean, hell, Versus could very much turn the concept on it's head. If fal'Cies appear, maybe they will be flesh beings and not robots. They COULD do that because that's a similar route they've did with Type-0(a few gods and fal'Cies appear in that game, and they are basically non-robotic humanoid magical beings).
#6StormBlitzPosted 5/20/2013 8:44:03 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7heartlesshero17Posted 5/20/2013 8:59:46 PM
rapius002 posted...
The FNC just states a common mythology with different interpretations. It does not mean a crystarium for all the games. Type-0 did not have a crystarium (from what I know).

Type 0 had the alto crystarium
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception