What is this game?

#1REMercsChampPosted 5/20/2013 5:07:07 PM
I'm a little late to the PS3 Final Fantasy party. I actually just finished 13 a month or so ago (got a PS3 back in January) and am about to start 13-2. Where does this game fit in? I read the synopsis, but I don't get it. What are they trying to accomplish with this game exactly?
---
Official ByrggSlayer of the Random Insanity cartel family
#2yeah_93Posted 5/20/2013 5:12:18 PM
It is a separate entity that belongs to the 'Fabula Nova Crystallis' series of FF and will supposedly use the same mythology as FF13, but they bear no relation outside that. The game is an Action RPG in the line of Kingdom Hearts, and it's made by the same studio. The name Versus may imply it's a fighter, and 13 might imply it's a spin off to the actual 13, but it's not.
#3theofficefan99Posted 5/20/2013 5:15:39 PM
And this is why this game needs to be rebranded as XV.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#4yeah_93Posted 5/20/2013 5:17:09 PM
theofficefan99 posted...

Exactly. Always has been the better argument.
#5theofficefan99Posted 5/20/2013 5:21:09 PM
yeah_93 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

I'm almost certain at this point.

Game has become Final Fantasy XV.
It's at the very least a cross-gen title. It's for sure going to have a PS4 version.
Going to show up at E3.

I think all of what I'm saying is very, very likely.

And this is smart thinking from SE. I really think changing it to FFXV and making it a PS4 game would be smart. It's undoubtedly the most expensive FF to date in terms of development costs and for it to be regarded as a spin-off because of the title would be flat-out stupid and SE would be shooting themselves in the foot. And all of the FF's that sell near a next gen console's release are always the worst-selling FF's of the gen... so this is all smart thinking from SE's side. Especially if it's true that Sony is helping with funding.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#6REMercsChamp(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 6:12:26 PM
Ah I see. That is a weird name considering what the game actually is. I looked up Fabula Nova Crystallis, and I don't really even understand the grouping of these games in the first place...I mean you've got Final Fantasy 13, 13-2, and the sequel (Lightning Returns) which is coming soon, then you've got this and type 0. Don't know anything about type 0, but might as well just have made this ff15, or change it into 13-3, or 13-4, or some sort of 13 spinoff.
---
Official ByrggSlayer of the Random Insanity cartel family
#7Panda_KunPosted 5/20/2013 6:42:35 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
yeah_93 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

It's at the very least a cross-gen title. It's for sure going to have a PS4 version.
Going to show up at E3.

And this is smart thinking from SE. I really think changing it to FFXV and making it a PS4 game would be smart. It's undoubtedly the most expensive FF to date in terms of development costs and for it to be regarded as a spin-off because of the title would be flat-out stupid and SE would be shooting themselves in the foot. And all of the FF's that sell near a next gen console's release are always the worst-selling FF's of the gen... so this is all smart thinking from SE's side. Especially if it's true that Sony is helping with funding.

Smart and SE don't go together well.
---
The Official Yancham Of Every Board
"You who taste like s*** can keep eating s*** until you turn to s*** yourself."
#8FFT-FanPosted 5/20/2013 7:24:41 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
yeah_93 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

Going to show up at E3.

This is the best move for SE and Sony and how they could become the top JRPG series again; it could be a selling point for PS4. It seems more likely now that there's rumors that EA has a partnership deal with Microsoft.
#9ZendaikPosted 5/20/2013 7:25:01 PM
REMercsChamp posted...
Ah I see. That is a weird name considering what the game actually is. I looked up Fabula Nova Crystallis, and I don't really even understand the grouping of these games in the first place...I mean you've got Final Fantasy 13, 13-2, and the sequel (Lightning Returns) which is coming soon, then you've got this and type 0. Don't know anything about type 0, but might as well just have made this ff15, or change it into 13-3, or 13-4, or some sort of 13 spinoff.

The Fabula Nova Crystallis games all take place in the same universe and share the same mythology, themes, etc. but are wholly independent games outside of FF XIII and its two sequels.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#10EventualDeclinePosted 5/21/2013 5:36:21 AM
OP, don't listen to yeah_93 and others on this thread who have no idea what they're talking about. Versus 13 is a fighting game set in the FF13 universe, featuring such favorites as Sazh and Lightning doing kick ass chain-combos, finishing movies, taunts, and extra special mega-moves, with awesome scrolling parallax backgrounds and lots of skins and color schemes! There are some out there who say that this MAY VERY WELL BE the absolute best Final Fantasy fighting game ever released. It's sad that these poseurs on this thread can't even figure out what this game is.'

theofficefan99 posted...
And this is smart thinking from SE. I really think changing it to FFXV and making it a PS4 game would be smart.

First of all, considering that this is a FF themed fighting game, it would be silly to call it "Final Fantasy 15" when a numbered series should never be a fighting game. All true Square Enix fanboys like me know that a main series Final Fantasy can never be two things: A fighting game, or an action-RPG. And since Versus 13 is a fighting game, it obviously can't be Final Fantasy 15. LOL you people don't really know anything, do you? Use your brains!
---
"High speed progress, step by step, into a trap....."