My new theory about this game being renamed FFXV...

#11TruthPosted 5/21/2013 6:14:23 PM(edited)
1) FFXIV ARR will be announced at E3 2013 as a PS4 launch title.

2) FFXV will be announced at E3 2013 and will actually be FF Versus XIII renamed. It will still be part of Fabula Nova Crystallis, meaning there will be two mainline FF games in the compilation (XIII and XV). FFXV will be a PS4 launch title and also release on PS3.

3) FFXVI will be announced at E3 2013 and will actually be Agni's Philosophy being turned into a full game. It will be the first game to use Luminous Studio. Hiroyuki Ito will be announced as the director. It will be for PS4 and Xbox One.

Conclusion: This E3 will have two mainline FF games announced. This will be the most epic E3 for SQEX since the Fabula Nova Crystallis series was announced at E3 2006.
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#2ZendaikPosted 5/21/2013 6:12:17 PM
I'm almost 100% sure if Versus is XV it won't be cross gen.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#31Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 6:17:12 PM
Zendaik posted...

There was a rumor from two different sources that stated a SQEX Japan employee told them it was cross gen and exclusively for PS3/PS4. I think SQEX are not wanting to disappoint the people that bought a PS3 for the game and have been waiting over 7 years for it to release.
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#4UltimaXOmegaPosted 5/21/2013 6:18:28 PM
Please be true.
I want more main Final Fantasy games.
---
The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic-Joseph Stalin
Official Black Mage Vivi of the Final Fantasy XV board
#5ZendaikPosted 5/21/2013 6:23:59 PM
1Truth posted...
Zendaik posted...

There was a rumor from two different sources that stated a SQEX Japan employee told them it was cross gen and exclusively for PS3/PS4. I think SQEX are not wanting to disappoint the people that bought a PS3 for the game and have been waiting over 7 years for it to release.

If they don't want to do that then I bet Versus will remain a PS3 exclusive game...and XV is something new.

The rumors are so over the place it's hard to believe any of them.
---
#6Lelouch71Posted 5/21/2013 6:26:15 PM
The only thing that matters to me is Versus coming out for my PS3. It can be on the PS4, Wii U, or PC for all I care. After what I learned today the Xbox1 doesn't exist as a console in my mind. Only the Wii U and PS4 exist as 8th gen systems.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#7ExentrykPosted 5/21/2013 6:36:34 PM
Versus won't be cross gen, regardless of what it gets called. Sony exclusive still.
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#8theofficefan99Posted 5/21/2013 6:39:20 PM
That sounds too good to be true.

Minus Agni's Philosophy being FFXVI.

And I doubt Versus XIII/XV will be a launch title, but we'll see!
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#9theofficefan99Posted 5/21/2013 6:42:38 PM
Exentryk posted...
Versus won't be cross gen, regardless of what it gets called. Sony exclusive still.

Yeah, I think if Sony is truly helping with funding, then making it a PS4 exclusive and re-branding it as XV is the best thing to do at this point.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#10ZendaikPosted 5/21/2013 6:54:44 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Exentryk posted...

Yeah, I think if Sony is truly helping with funding, then making it a PS4 exclusive and re-branding it as XV is the best thing to do at this point.

If Zeal wasn't lying about "leaking" stuff to VGLeaks then that Sony funding part of the rumor is BS...
---