My new theory about this game being renamed FFXV...

#11theofficefan99Posted 5/21/2013 8:00:17 PM
Zendaik posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Exentryk posted...
Versus won't be cross gen, regardless of what it gets called. Sony exclusive still.

Yeah, I think if Sony is truly helping with funding, then making it a PS4 exclusive and re-branding it as XV is the best thing to do at this point.

If Zeal wasn't lying about "leaking" stuff to VGLeaks then that Sony funding part of the rumor is BS...

He was lying.

His info contradicted what was stated at VGLeaks.

He told us it's going to be Final Fantasy XVersus.

VGLeaks said it's going to be Final Fantasy XV.

Zeal also mentioned nothing about Sony co-funding.

So it's safe to say he was lying to get attention again.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#12ZendaikPosted 5/21/2013 8:12:32 PM
IIRC he said it was XV then backtracked and called it XVersus. But even if the rumor didn't originate from him it seems like too much of a coincidence for Versus rumors to stir up again thanks to him then info "leaked" to VGLeaks at the same time.

Even if Versus ends up XV and on the PS4 I feel like the Sony funding part is shoddy. When was the last time they co-funded a FF game or third party game for that matter? At best I know their Japan Studios helped develop certain games like Soul Sacrifice but I don't know about just funding. They didn't even try to keep FF XIII as an exclusive. Yes I know getting an exclusive FF would help the PS4 but I don't think there's much precedence to believe that Sony is funding it.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#13zombie_basher13Posted 5/21/2013 8:58:49 PM
So, FF X/X-2 HD, LR XIII, XIV, XV, and XVI all at E3? No way man, that's way too much.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#14PillsberyDoeManPosted 5/21/2013 9:11:49 PM
zombie_basher13 posted...
So, FF X/X-2 HD, LR XIII, XIV, XV, and XVI all at E3? No way man, that's way too much.

10/10-2, kh1.5, LR and 14.2 are pretty much given to be at the show. we've also been guaranteed a next gen ff. what IF v13 became 15? the next gen ff would have to be 16. it's very possible for all these games to show up. it's a stronger line-up for square.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#15ThamauturgePosted 5/25/2013 8:42:59 PM
What happened 1Truth? Weren't you one of the biggest people that were vocal about it not being FFXV 0:
---
Official Wiegraf Folles of the FFXV board
Playing: SH2 HD, RE2, Uncharted 2, Metal Gear Rising, Ratchet Collection------- PSN: Thamauturge
#16ZendaikPosted 5/25/2013 9:04:45 PM
Thamauturge posted...
What happened 1Truth? Weren't you one of the biggest people that were vocal about it not being FFXV 0:

People are so flip floppy with this game.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos