Has there been any recent/unused Final Fantasy trademarks?

#1theofficefan99Posted 5/22/2013 10:10:24 PM
At this point, it's kind of incredibly obvious that this game will be getting a name change.

The thing is, if it did receive a name change, it should have been trademarked. And, as always, the trademarks get figured out. IIRC it happened with Dimensions, Type-0, and quite a few others. Basically all trademarks are figured out.

So if this game isn't XV, it should obviously have a different title...

so are there any new/unused Final Fantasy trademarks if it's not Final Fantasy XV?
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 10:42:10 PM
Anyone??

I thought I brought up a good point of discussion here lol
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#3FFT-FanPosted 5/22/2013 10:45:20 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Anyone??

Good idea, although when Bethesda trademarked "Redguard" everyone thought they'd do a Redguard DLC, which turned out to not be true.
#4theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 10:46:53 PM
FFT-Fan posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Anyone??

Good idea, although when Bethesda trademarked "Redguard" everyone thought they'd do a Redguard DLC, which turned out to not be true.

Well we know this game is happening and it's basically confirmed that it's getting a name change, so >.>...
---
#5grand_kaizerPosted 5/22/2013 10:48:07 PM
If nobody can find it, it's probably because they didn't change the name or in fact do anything new with the game in the last two years.
---
"I am the Truest Repairman!"
#6theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 10:49:12 PM
grand_kaizer posted...
If nobody can find it, it's probably because they didn't change the name or in fact do anything new with the game in the last two years.

Or, you know, it became Final Fantasy XV, a registered trademark? >.>
---
#7FFT-FanPosted 5/22/2013 10:59:02 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
grand_kaizer posted...

Or, you know, it became Final Fantasy XV, a registered trademark? >.>

That's the most likely scenario I think, or no name change, or they may trademark the new name right before the rereveal. Also wondering is there a no necro rule? I'd like to make a post in the "Anyone else think the story sounds really interesting?" thread. I read on http://www.finalfantasy-fxn.net/boards/showthread.php?12125-Everything-We-Know-About-Final-Fantasy-Versus-XIII-%28Covers-2006-Present%29
"Final Fantasy Versus XIII shares many similarities with the story of Hamlet. "
#8ExentrykPosted 5/22/2013 11:15:22 PM
Haven't looked them up before. I'll search for them later today.
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#9PillsberyDoeManPosted 5/23/2013 12:24:43 AM
all i know is that versus xiii was refiled on aug 31, 2011.
http://www.novacrystallis.com/2011/09/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-trademark-refiled/
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#10ZendaikPosted 5/23/2013 1:33:31 AM(edited)
http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=searchss&state=4803:jony12.1.1

Type in Final Fantasy here.

FF XV not here. Just Versus XIII.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos