Action RPG? Can someone explain to me?

#1m100t1sPosted 5/25/2013 6:27:13 AM
I think this is the first time I see a FF game being considered as an Action RPG, And the only RPG games I played are the action RPG ones like Demon's/Dark Souls,Dragon's Dogma and Skyrim.
So how does this Versus 13 exactly plays like? I don't like JRPG games like Ni no Kuni, Pokemon.. etc.
And why everyone is very excited about this game? and why it hasn't been released yet?
#2CokaineCowboy77Posted 5/25/2013 6:47:15 AM(edited)
The battle system will be like KH with older FF elements and summons, 3rd person shooting. It's what modern FF's should be like. It has all the things the older FF's had like world map, summons, etc. Looks good.

People are excited because we know almost nothing about it. It's dark and mesterious, so our minds make up the perfect image of the game we always wanted. People are hoping this game will "revive" the Final Fantasy series. Look up the trailer.
---
The Official Carbuncle of the FFXV Board.
FFVII>FFVI>FFVIII>FFIX>FFXII>FFX
#3CokaineCowboy77Posted 5/25/2013 6:43:40 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4StormBlitzPosted 5/25/2013 7:01:40 AM
Watch the 2011 trailer, that should give you a good idea. It's Kingdom Hearts with more stuff.
Darker story
Modern setting, something that looks nothing like the older FF. I'm getting a FFVII vibe from it.
#5KaibatenPosted 5/25/2013 7:02:04 AM
I could try to explain the gameplay to you, but I think it'd be easier if you just watched this trailer:

http://youtu.be/YiIx9VJWSl8?t=2m39s

As for why people are excited? Well, FF fans are pretty burnt out on the FF13 series at this point (to which this game is not actually related despite the "XIII" at the end), and this is the only other game in development as far as we know. Kingdom Hearts fans are interested because it's the next game by the same team that did KH1 and 2 and will have similar gameplay. Even if they don't care about this game in particular, it's what's preventing KH3 from being developed, so it's in everyone's best interest that it gets released. Also, because it looks cool.

Why it's taken so long to develop? We may never truly know because it's unlike Japanese devs to divulge such information.
#6CokaineCowboy77Posted 5/25/2013 7:25:52 AM
I don't see why people are even intrested in KH3 anymore. KH1 was good I suppose, then the series went downhill. I don't see how any of the kids can still be intrested in the series. All the kids have grown up now and aren't intrested in them, and all the new kids don't even know what it is.
---
The Official Carbuncle of the FFXV Board.
FFVII>FFVI>FFVIII>FFIX>FFXII>FFX
#7ZendaikPosted 5/25/2013 9:54:53 AM
CokaineCowboy77 posted...
I don't see why people are even intrested in KH3 anymore. KH1 was good I suppose, then the series went downhill. I don't see how any of the kids can still be intrested in the series. All the kids have grown up now and aren't intrested in them, and all the new kids don't even know what it is.

I'm part of the old kids group and still like it...and so do many others. Not just kids play KH anyway.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#8ValorZraykPosted 5/25/2013 2:16:46 PM

Kingdom Hearts wasn't made for kids.
---
Kingdom Hearts: 3D>BbS>1>Days>Coded>ReCOM>2 >CoM
Final Fantasy: 10>13>7>12>6>4>1>2>10-2
#9Asd202Posted 5/25/2013 2:30:37 PM
ValorZrayk posted...

Yeah, no. KH games clearly targets early teens.
#10xseshPosted 5/26/2013 4:44:03 AM
Asd202 posted...
ValorZrayk posted...

Yeah, no. KH games clearly targets early teens.

even if it dose its still a good game beside there is some dark elements in the story
---
Z.O.E 3, Console 2D Castlevania, Chrono Break, 2D \ Console 2D Metroid
Where are They?