Action RPG? Can someone explain to me?

#11CokaineCowboy77Posted 5/26/2013 5:05:24 AM
ValorZrayk posted...
CokaineCowboy77 posted...
I don't see why people are even intrested in KH3 anymore. KH1 was good I suppose, then the series went downhill. I don't see how any of the kids can still be intrested in the series. All the kids have grown up now and aren't intrested in them, and all the new kids don't even know what it is.

Kingdom Hearts wasn't made for kids.

Lol clearly.
---
The Official Carbuncle of the FFXV Board.
FFVII>FFVI>FFVIII>FFIX>FFXII>FFX
#12dkgerbil2Posted 5/26/2013 11:40:04 AM
I don't see why people are even intrested in KH3 anymore. KH1 was good I suppose, then the series went downhill. I don't see how any of the kids can still be intrested in the series. All the kids have grown up now and aren't intrested in them, and all the new kids don't even know what it is.

Opinions aside in regards to the story line of the series, the game play has improved dramatically as the series went on. Birth by Sleep had a fantastic system for learning abilities (melding) and the "Deck" system of stocking commands allowed for somewhat personalized fighting styles. Flow-motion in KH3D is hit or miss because it's a little too powerful and spamming it makes fights a LOT easier, but the fact that it increased the speed of fighting and allowed for some creativity in taking down enemies was really interesting.

The original audience is still the target audience, too. The story line has gotten more mature as time went on, so the initial audience can still connect to the series if they aren't turned off by other aspects that have been integrated.
---
All my friends are in bar bands.
#13ManaYukaPosted 5/26/2013 2:42:46 PM
I would have preferred KH to be like Disney, aimed for kids, but has really good stories that has themes that will usually go over a kids head but will be relevant to an adult, and thats the genius of Disney really, programs that have really good writing and takes into account the whole family....but I head it was more for just children.

Whereas FF usually aims at just children according to Kitase, and that wont change -_-(besides the FFVI, FFVII, FFIX, and FFXII incarnations that do indeed have adult themes, ironic that Kitase worked on VI and VII, imagine if he created the games story instead of taking Sakaguchis stories and added events like he did for those games....the adult themes would likely be nonexistant, like his very own FFVIII).
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
Favorite People- Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson
#14moaristylePosted 5/26/2013 9:46:26 PM
ValorZrayk posted...

Kingdom Hearts wasn't made for kids.

Yeah because the added Disney crap is for adults!
#15grand_kaizerPosted 5/26/2013 11:38:19 PM
Well in most of the cases it was. Kingdom Hearts runs as much as nostalgia as it does child-friendly content as a draw.
---
"I am the Truest Repairman!"
#16kilaudePosted 5/29/2013 3:23:50 AM
God I'm so tired of action-rpgs, seems like all jrpgs are action now, unless they're handheld.
#17rapius002Posted 5/29/2013 7:51:38 AM

Funny, because most of the people I know that like it are actually in their late teens to early 30s. In fact, I've gotten more of my 20 something year old friends into it than I've gotten my 10 to 15 year old cousins into it.
#18CokaineCowboy77Posted 5/29/2013 10:17:37 AM(edited)
rapius002 posted...

Funny, because most of the people I know that like it are actually in their late teens to early 30s. In fact, I've gotten more of my 20 something year old friends into it than I've gotten my 10 to 15 year old cousins into it.

And I don't know anyone who can actually admit to liking that kiddy krap. I knew people that USED to like it, but then moved on to more mature games, like normal people.

---
#19KaibatenPosted 5/29/2013 10:39:35 AM
rapius002 posted...

And I don't know anyone who can actually admit to liking that kiddy krap. I knew people that USED to like it, but then moved on to more mature games, like normal people.

Oh you mean Final Fantasy, that series targeted at meterosexual emo teenagers who like their animus and crap. Why can't we all just play Call of Duty like normal people?
#20CokaineCowboy77Posted 5/29/2013 1:30:35 PM
Kaibaten posted...
rapius002 posted...

Oh you mean Final Fantasy, that series targeted at meterosexual emo teenagers who like their animus and crap. Why can't we all just play Call of Duty like normal people?

No, I meant KH, how could you get mixed up?

And FFVII and VIII are the only FF's that would ever fit that demograph, an even they have there light-hearted moments.

I seem to have rustled your jimmies because I made you come out of the KH closet. Sorry :( So, are you the 'kid' side of the fanbase or the pedophile side of the fanbase?
---